Add a touch of understated elegance to the summer ambiance of the turn of the century summer homes found on Martha's Vineyard, and you have Disney's Boardwalk Inn. The pale blue and white three- to five-story buildings, with their fancy cut shingles, French doors and seashell motifs, were designed by renowned architect, Robert A.M.Stern. Designed 'stick-style', this was a popular architectural style for seaside wooden cottages in the 1860's and 1870's.
Decorated with the white wicker furniture, natural Spanish limestone flooring and 24-foot high ceilings, the seacoast imagery continues on to the outdoors where beachside cabanas line the white sand shores of Crescent Lake. The landscaping is also reminiscent of a New England style with magnolias, Japanese elms, Bradford pear trees, crepe myrtle, gardenias and roses lining the courtyards and walkways. This deluxe resort is joined in the center by Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, these resorts offers 73,000 square feet of meeting space, a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbor Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests for dinner. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Disney's Yacht and Boardwalk Inns conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment (free arcade games, Sega/Nintendo, board games, Apple computers, movies and toys), dining (extra charge) and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. One Day Service is available by calling Housekeeping for pick up before 8:30 a.m. and it will be returned to you after 7 p.m.
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities - located at each quiet pool and near room 1532 (Disney's Boardwalk Inn). Cost is $1 each to wash and dry and detergent can be purchased from a vending machine for $1. Soda and snack machines are also available and a folding table for your convenience.
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs - Around $12 plus tax for a 12 oz. mug and free refills are available at Hurricane Hanna?s and Beaches and Cream
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar - Hurricane Hanna?s serves grill items, sandwiches and beverages
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Shops: Atlantic Wear & Wardrobe Emporium (swimwear, casual wear, gifts, sundries and snacks)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Beauty/Barber Shop - Periwig?s Beauty and Barber Salon is located in the Central Common area and is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Services offered include haircare, facials, waxing, manicures and pedicures
- Daily Maid Service
- Refrigerator Rentals - for $15/day plus tax (subject to change), limited supply available
- Vending and Ice Machines located on each floor near the elevators
- Facsimile service - available at the Front Desk
- Shoeshine - touch Housekeeping on your in-room phone to request
Take a Virtual Tour of Disney's BoardWalk Inn Click Here...
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59 PM.