When The Walt Disney World Resort was looking for an architect to design its new Disney's Yacht Club Resort, they found the perfect candidate in noted architect, Robert A. M. Stern. Stern was known for his designs of East Coast seaside homes and he brought his expertise of the New England seashore hotels of the late 1800's to the project.
Unlike the casual atmosphere of its sister resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort, the resort has more of a quiet, understated elegance about it. This sophistication is found in the dark hardwood floors, the leather couches and antique chandeliers of the lobby. The nautical theme is enhanced with brass fixtures and rich millwork. The exterior of this stately resort is of gray and white clapboard and the walkways are lined with Japanese elms, crepe myrtle and magnolias, with gardenias and roses found in the brick courtyards. The East Coast seaside theme is prominent in this area with a lighthouse at the end of the dock that services Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, these resorts offers 73,000 square feet of meeting space, a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbor Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests for dinner. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses.
SERVICES AND AMENITIES:
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to 11:45pm and offers entertainment (free arcade games, Sega/Nintendo, board games, Apple computers, movies and toys), dining (extra charge) and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. One Day Service is available by calling Housekeeping for pick up before 8:30 a.m. and it will be returned to you after 7 p.m.
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities - located at each quiet pool and near room 1063 (Disney's Yacht Club Resort). Cost is $1 each to wash and dry and detergent can be purchased from a vending machine for $1. Soda and snack machines are also available and a folding table for your convenience.
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs - Around $11 plus tax for a 12 oz. mug and free refills are available at Hurricane Hanna?s and Beaches and Cream
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar - Hurricane Hanna?s serves grill items, sandwiches and beverages
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary local newspaper delivery
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Shops: Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions (clothing, sundries and character merchandise)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Beauty/Barber Shop - Periwig's Beauty and Barber Salon is located in the Central Common area and is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Services offered include hair care, facials, waxing, manicures and pedicures
- Daily Maid Service
- Vending and Ice Machines - located on each floor near the elevators
- Facsimile service - available at the Front Desk ($5 for 1st page, $1 each additional page. Incoming faxes are charged at $1 per page. Complimentary on Concierge Floor. ).
- Shoeshine - touch Housekeeping on your in-room phone to request
Take a Virtual Tour of Disney's Yacht Club Resort Click Here...
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:14 PM.