theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   May 2013. When can i book? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=547897)

Guest 9 Sep 11 10:15 PM

May 2013. When can i book?

Hi does anyone know when we will be able to book our WDW holiday for May2013 with Virgin? We think it will be November this year but not sure:grin:

Guest 9 Sep 11 10:42 PM

Hi it is usually eleven months from the date you wish to go, so poss May/June 2012.

disneymadhouse 10 Sep 11 08:17 AM

Hi and welcome to the Dibb!

VH will have their preview brochure out for 2013 around end Feb 2012. I'm sure TCD have some prices for 2013, but am not sure how far into 2013 they are going yet.
If you want to book flight only direct with VA then it will be 11 months before the date of your return travel.

HTH

Claire :spin:

kerrie1781 11 Sep 11 09:53 AM

With Virgin, you can book from November this year for summer 2013- I presume most major travel agents will roughly be the same time !

Manyin 11 Sep 11 04:00 PM

I contacted TCD the other day for June 2013 and they said it would be available from November

Guest 11 Sep 11 09:51 PM

Thanks everyone. We saw someone from Virgin and they said we will be able to book in December this year! CANT WAIT! :grin:

Guest 11 Sep 11 10:04 PM

Hiya!

We booked as soon as we were able to for May 2012, and that was Feb 2011 when they released the Preview Brochure. Only problem with booking at this time is they had only a certain number of hotels available. Fortunately that didn't affect us in, however, if you have a specific place in mind already it may not be available in the preview brochure.

Clare x

dreamsofdisney 12 Sep 11 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESGT (Post 6699303)
Hiya!

We booked as soon as we were able to for May 2012, and that was Feb 2011 when they released the Preview Brochure. Only problem with booking at this time is they had only a certain number of hotels available. Fortunately that didn't affect us in, however, if you have a specific place in mind already it may not be available in the preview brochure.

Clare x

Can I just ask if you got a good price with your package? I have heard it is cheaper to book at the earliest oppurtunity, what did you think?

I see its your 1st trip... we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back :wavey:

Thankyou
Sx

Guest 13 Sep 11 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney (Post 6699705)
Can I just ask if you got a good price with your package? I have heard it is cheaper to book at the earliest oppurtunity, what did you think?

I see its your 1st trip... we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back :wavey:

Thankyou
Sx

I think our price was reasonable. We did go into the virgin holiday store and explained that we didn't want to spend over a specific amount and she was able to take a bit off for us. It's comforting to know everything is booked together, especially as a first timer. The lady at Virgin did mention that you will get a cheaper price if you book early- the busier the plane becomes the higher the price. We did shop around and Virgin seemed the best price.
Then of course the saving begins :smile:

Thank you! Unbelievably excited :thumbs-up
Clare x

americanv8 13 Sep 11 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dihowe2382 (Post 6692229)
Hi does anyone know when we will be able to book our WDW holiday for May2013 with Virgin? We think it will be November this year but not sure:grin:

Seriously dont book straight away, the VH preview brochure price when it first came out this year for May 2012 would have cost us £3150, we ended up booking seperately and saving a fortune but the exact same FlyDrive at the minute on VH website is £2450. Quite a considerable drop in the space of a few months.
The old adage or booking early to get the best savings doesnt seem to be true anymore.