theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Baggage allowance - Thomson Holidays (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=498594)

Pookle 5 Apr 11 04:32 PM

Baggage allowance - Thomson Holidays

I was just checking online for the baggage allowance for a package holiday with Thomson. 15kg plus 5kg hand luggage, is that right? I thought it was more when I booked the holiday :confused2

Blondie1979 5 Apr 11 04:33 PM

We've booked with Thomson and the allowance is 20kg plus 5kg longhaul, perhaps the 15kg is for shorthaul?

zaraleo 5 Apr 11 04:36 PM

yeah ur right shorthaul 15 longhaul 20 u can pay extra for more but u dont get much

Blondie1979 5 Apr 11 04:36 PM

Just checked my booking online and it's definately 20kg plus 5kg hand luggage per person but no bag can exceed 23kg.:wavey:

orlando_newbie 5 Apr 11 04:36 PM

We're also booked with Thomson and have 20kg each. It think Blondie1979 is correct, it's 15kg for short haul flights. Have you checked your confirmation?

Pookle 5 Apr 11 04:38 PM

Ah okay, phew. I was sure I had read that somewhere but couldn't find it on their website.

We booked through a travel agent, will check the confirmation when I get home! So it should be a total of 25kg?

birdiesX4 5 Apr 11 04:41 PM

I am planning on 20kg checked in plus 5kg hand baggage, I am sure that is right.

Guest 6 Apr 11 12:37 PM

As of the 1st May, the following allowances take effect.

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

However, certain packages, even on long haul will only get 15kg allowance. It is due to the hotel/flight combination that you book. Your allowance will be what it shows on the ticket and not what the travel agent tells you.

Just for example, we had a guy claiming to be a travel agent the other day, trying to travel with 10kg of hand luggage and arguing that he wasn't aware of the hand luggage allowance, even though he deals with TUI. Don't take their word for it as the check-in agents do not use travel agents words, but what you are ticketed for.

Guest 6 Apr 11 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planesailing (Post 6110303)

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

However, certain packages, even on long haul will only get 15kg allowance. It is due to the hotel/flight combination that you book. Your allowance will be what it shows on the ticket and not what the travel agent tells you.

Just for example, we had a guy claiming to be a travel agent the other day, trying to travel with 10kg of hand luggage and arguing that he wasn't aware of the hand luggage allowance, even though he deals with TUI. Don't take their word for it as the check-in agents do not use travel agents words, but what you are ticketed for.

When I looked on there website it says 23Kg for premium and 7kg of hand luggage
15kg for standard and 20kg for premier
I think premier is for certain hotels.
Hope they do not change premium luggage allowance as we have booked it forr August.

kevin68uk 6 Apr 11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planesailing (Post 6110303)

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

My email confirmation, flight only premium, says 30 kg total for luggage and handheld, so are you telling me that is now not valid? (Not that I will get anywhere near that going to sunny Orlando hehe)