theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Early May in Florida... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=590074)

Guest 18 Mar 12 05:16 PM

Early May in Florida...

We leave May 3rd for 10 days. I heard the parks are quieter around then (as quiet as they possibly ever could be at least!) Is this true? Naturally I’d expect them to be busier on weekends with locals. Would anyone advise it’s best to go to the parks during the week and shopping on the weekends? Any info is appreciated :)

Gizmo473 18 Mar 12 05:18 PM

When we have been in May we followed the shopping weekends and parks week days and it seemed to work for us. Now my 2 youngest are older they will think its shopping 14 days and forget the parks.

walden64 18 Mar 12 05:28 PM

May was and still is my favorite time to go to Florida. The parks are quieter during the week and we tend to go shopping at the weekends or of an evening before or after we have eaten.
Michelle

djewkes 18 Mar 12 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDG86 (Post 7176138)
We leave May 3rd for 10 days. I heard the parks are quieter around then (as quiet as they possibly ever could be at least!) Is this true? Naturally I’d expect them to be busier on weekends with locals. Would anyone advise it’s best to go to the parks during the week and shopping on the weekends? Any info is appreciated :)

We go then too... where are you flying with and where from? Am sure we will all have a great time x

visitedscotland 18 Mar 12 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djewkes (Post 7176192)
We go then too... where are you flying with and where from? Am sure we will all have a great time x

Me too :) taking my son over with me as my wife has started a new job so cant come :(

We have sold our house at RP so had to get a hotel for us we fly EDIN-LGW-TPA on the 29th.
Was over last May and it was fab, wedidnot do the parks though so good news if they are quieter!

W

Guest 18 Mar 12 05:48 PM

Quote:

Oh, awesome! We’re flying with Virgin from Gatwick at 1pm, what about you?

ayles300 18 Mar 12 06:02 PM

We went last May and was ok but not as quiet as 2009 so think we just went on the wrong days, be warned for mothers Day as we stupidly went to Magic Kingdom as was really busy.
I would stick with week days if possible and shopping/beach at the weekends. May is a great time to go though.

Lynda 18 Mar 12 06:22 PM

Quote:

Another one flying 3 rd May from MAN with VA:)

djewkes 18 Mar 12 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynda (Post 7176390)
Another one flying 3 rd May from MAN with VA:)

Gemmybears also on the same flight... see you at the airport x

djewkes 18 Mar 12 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDG86 (Post 7176265)
Oh, awesome! We’re flying with Virgin from Gatwick at 1pm, what about you?

Manchester 11am flight x