theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   florida july 2014 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=623148)

Guest 6 Jul 12 11:26 AM

florida july 2014

Hi all, im new to this site.

I am trying to book a trip to florida for end of july 2014- kids holidays, when is the earliest i can book a package holiday? There are 5 of us going- 2 adults and 3 kids. We would prefer an apartment type hotel or a villa but these are coming up as quite expensive! The cheaper hotels on I-drive are a room only- not suitable for 5 of us! is it cheaper for a DIY or a package with virgin?
Also what are the average flight prices for that time of year for adults and children?

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you.:smile:

PerksP 6 Jul 12 11:39 AM

Hi and welcome to The Dibb. You'll find a wealth of knowledge on here.

I believe that you can book package holidays up to 18 months in advance but it depends when the company publishes their brochures.

The best deals for flights alone are 10-11 months in advance of travel and you may be looking at £750-£800 each for direct flights at that time of year. We are flying with United and a stopover at Easter and the best deal we could get was £640/person. Personally, I wouldn't book flights earlier than 10-11 months in advance as you can save a lot of money.

Friends who went this year at April found it considerably cheaper to book direct with airlines and villa owners than with Virgin's package deals.

Guest 7 Jul 12 08:23 PM

Hi thanks for that. Ill start looking in a few months- I just want to book it now though- too impatient!

Bee happy 7 Jul 12 08:28 PM

As perksp has said most flight are released 11 months before,you can book some before but have more choice when all are released. We went last month and are planning going in 2014 now,when we went last August we paid over £800 each for Virgin flights and it was the same price for my children. Flights very expensive school holiday time,its not fair :(

Guest 7 Jul 12 08:39 PM

:wave::wave: Hi and welcome, we are going to apt this year, my sis has used them twice before so we know they are good. There is a 2 bed option in them plus pull out sofa bed, dont know your kids ages and if that would be suitable, Shereton Vistana Resort. We booked through BA,when they had there sale on so flights were a bit cheaper, although as we know, its never cheap during school hols:(.
There are more options of family accomadation in Disney hotels now than there used to be, so maybe worth a look, good hunting:thumbs-up

Guest 15 Jul 12 11:32 AM

Thank you for all your replies- we've found out that we can book a package holiday in september for july/august 2014! Your right, its not fair that people have to pay more in school holidays- i wouldn't want to take mine out of school- when we go they will be 8,6 and 3- there school fine you if you take them out for a holiday. Depending on the package prices we will book then if not we will wait for the flights to go on sale and see then :)

littlejem1 15 Jul 12 03:16 PM

Hi and welcome to the Dibb, we have been to Florida twice now, once as a package and the last was D.I.Y and found this to be a lot cheaper, we are planning to go again in Sept/Oct 2014 to celebrate my 50th and will be doing it D.I.Y again much easier than what some people think.:wavey::wavey:

Prige 15 Jul 12 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sian88 (Post 7601873)
Thank you for all your replies- we've found out that we can book a package holiday in september for july/august 2014! Your right, its not fair that people have to pay more in school holidays- i wouldn't want to take mine out of school- when we go they will be 8,6 and 3- there school fine you if you take them out for a holiday. Depending on the package prices we will book then if not we will wait for the flights to go on sale and see then :)

This sept? 2012? I thought i would have to wait until about May next year for the summer 2014 packages.

Can i ask how you know this and who with?

Guest 17 Jul 12 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prige (Post 7603322)
This sept? 2012? I thought i would have to wait until about May next year for the summer 2014 packages.

Can i ask how you know this and who with?

Would like to know this too, we are waiting to book for 2014 :smile:

Guest 17 Jul 12 10:52 AM

As perksp has said most flight are released 11 months before,you can book some before but have more choice when all are released.