theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Disneyland Paris sneak peeks at the 20th Anniversary (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=573307)

SMAX 13 Jan 12 05:16 PM

Disneyland Paris sneak peeks at the 20th Anniversary

From April 1, 2012, Disneyland Paris invites its guests to celebrate its 20th anniversary, in sparkling and magical style. Throughout this exceptional year, lots of surprises and new features have been imagined, to provide an explosion of magic, lights and colour.

Disneyland Park will be hosting "Disney Dreams®!", an amazing night-time show, "Disney Magic on Parade!", a new parade, and "Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train", to have magical encounters with their favourite Disney characters.

And to the delight of its visitors, Europe's leading tourist destination will be donning extra special decor to celebrate this landmark anniversary in a fitting manner.

blusteryday 13 Jan 12 05:23 PM

This totally rocks!

loves_disney 13 Jan 12 05:47 PM

this looks amazing!

JamelUK 13 Jan 12 11:08 PM

I think I just messed myself.

DLP's the place to be in 2012.

:)

moolie19 14 Jan 12 09:18 AM

omg it looks amazing, I wish I could think of an excuse to go this year but I cant as we are off to Florida, but it looks like they are going to put on a spectacular show

Guest 14 Jan 12 09:34 AM

So World of Color meets the Magic, the Memories and you. Looks like it will be fantastic and long overdue at DLRP.

kempydee 14 Jan 12 09:43 AM

Whoa!
That looks fabulous. Haven't been for a few years, so think a trip this year is in order after seeing that.

Gill H 16 Jan 12 02:35 PM

This should be a highlight of our May trip. Can't wait!

THE WIZARD 16 Jan 12 02:47 PM

WOW, ok advice need please dh has just 3 days left of his holidays this year and we have never been the DLP and maybe a little surprise trip there could be on the cards for September. were in the East Midlands so if I could get flights from there to Paris whats the procedure to get to DLP when you arrive, how far is it from airport and what are the hotels like? I believe most of them are within walking distance of the park. Is it just the one park, all info would be helpful please.
Thanks
Pat

teallach 18 Jan 12 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD (Post 6989283)
WOW, ok advice need please dh has just 3 days left of his holidays this year and we have never been the DLP and maybe a little surprise trip there could be on the cards for September. were in the East Midlands so if I could get flights from there to Paris whats the procedure to get to DLP when you arrive, how far is it from airport and what are the hotels like? I believe most of them are within walking distance of the park. Is it just the one park, all info would be helpful please.
Thanks
Pat

The last twice that we've been, we've taken the TGV. From what I'm led to believe, the price is not much different to getting the bus but it's certainly not cheap. I'm sure it cost us approx. £40 return each for the 10 minute trip! It's fantastically convenient.
The hotels are basic... and of course, expensive. We were told that we had a better class of room to my sister but it turned out that was due to it being closer to the main building and had a kettle! I offered to downgrade in order to get rooms together:d:
Even the furthest away of the Disney hotels (Santa fe and Cheyenne) are only approx a 10-15 min walk and it's a nice walk as well. You walk through the Market place and the two parks are on the other side.