theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Reviews of Cirque Du soleil La Nouba please (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=596390)

Disney Kate 11 Apr 12 12:15 PM

Reviews of Cirque Du soleil La Nouba please

Hi,
Looking at seeing the La Nouba show next year and would be interested to hear some reviews of it.

Where did people sit to watch the show? Are the front section seats worth the extra money?

Finally where did you buy your tickets from and did you get any offer?

Thanks in advance!:)

webbletuk 11 Apr 12 12:17 PM

Hi

We went in Feb this year- did not buy the expensive seats as read loads of posts on here about not buying them. Had a fab time and you could see wherever you sat. I joined the Cirque e mail thing and when they had an offer brought then. Hope you enjoy it

Tetrarch 11 Apr 12 12:19 PM

Seen it twice and would happily go back for a third time. It is fantastic. Sat in the middle of the section behind the central walkway on both occasions and felt this was perfect. All the seats have a good view but in order to take it all in, you sometimes need to be sat a bit further back so I wouldn't pay more to sit nearer the front. We bought tickets direct but if you sign up to the official Cirque website you can sometimes get special offers.

Debra

nickymouse66 11 Apr 12 12:20 PM

We went on our last visit & thought it was fab! No bad seats, we didn't get the expensive ones either - we were going again this year but have decided to do MNSSHP instead as we've not done it before :)

kingofhonour 11 Apr 12 12:52 PM

DW here, we have seen the show 3 times and it is GREAT! Like others have sad, no bad seats, however the last time we were on the front row, brilliant when the action is on the stage but as the action is all over the place and in the air as well so spent a lot of the time trying to lie down in our seats but still had a brill time, I think for the best view any seats in the centre section (so not left or right) of the stage would be good but doesn't matter, in my opinion, how far from the stage you are. Have a brill time :grin:

Guest 11 Apr 12 01:04 PM

We have cat2 seats block 204 , so hopefully it's pretty central .:)

tiggers friend 11 Apr 12 01:07 PM

We've seen it 3 times and would highly recommend.

As OP says there are no bad seats, we've sat in various places. Above the mid-level walkway is good as you can see the pre-show and watch the entry of the characters quite easily.

leahamy 11 Apr 12 01:55 PM

Brilliant show - agree with everyone else. We sat in 205 & had an excellent chance of seeing everything happening all over the stage. I wonedered whether the closer seats would have a problem with this. I have purchased seats for our Daughter & future Son-in Law in section 204 in May - purchased direct by email as I could request the exact seats required. The Cirque website kept offering the seats right down the front at the side, which I didn't want. I wonder whether it is a bit "hit & miss" which seats you are allocated if you purchase via a ticket supplier. I did pay extra for the tickets to be posted to UK as they are a wedding present and a piece of paper didn't seem appropriate. I have now also registered for the Cirque email offers etc as, I believe offers are available at times.

sospan 11 Apr 12 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahamy (Post 7250301)
I have purchased seats for our Daughter & future Son-in Law in section 204 in May - purchased direct by email as I could request the exact seats required. The Cirque website kept offering the seats right down the front at the side, which I didn't want. I wonder whether it is a bit "hit & miss" which seats you are allocated if you purchase via a ticket supplier.

Where did you email to buy specified seats? I am tired of being offered the front 2-3 rows on the Cirque website and would like to book these tickets as you descibe

leahamy 11 Apr 12 02:24 PM

I am pretty sure there was an email address on the show website but I have just looked and can't see one. I am "working" in my office at the moment so will look at my paperwork when I get home tonight and let you know.