theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   flights from Belfast 2013? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=596058)

Mousey8818 10 Apr 12 01:23 PM

flights from Belfast 2013?

Hi everyone! :wavey:

Does anyone know who is flying to Orlando or Sanford direct from Belfast in 2013 and when flights go for sale?

Guest 10 Apr 12 01:49 PM

Hi
Probably no flights direct to Orlando International and Sanford is currently only served by Thomas Cook. You can go indirect through Newark with Continental or go via London with the likes of BA and Virgin. Having been several times I have to say that going from Dublin has always been much cheaper as there is a lot of competition for transatlantic flights. The only direct option though is with Aer lingus who fly to Orlando international.

Mousey8818 10 Apr 12 02:05 PM

Thank u

Thanks Tourman. ill check out aer lingus and flights from Dublin, always forget that we could try Dublin Airport.

Celica190 10 Apr 12 03:41 PM

We flew from Dublin last April for the first time and found it brilliant. You clear immigration and customs before you fly, so walk through MCO as if you were a domestic arrival. Plus you don't have to pay the huge taxes you do for flying from the UK. We took the bus down the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northwood for 58 Euro overnight. After the horrendous experience on the bus coming home, I think we would take the car next time, but that's the only negative thing I can come up with ;)

Mousey8818 10 Apr 12 05:11 PM

Thanks

Thanks Celica. air lingus flights from Dublin due out in June, so def think that's the way to go.
Rang Thomas Cook - only direct flights from Belfast to Florida are gonna be in July and Aug from now on.

jules_ni1 10 Apr 12 05:24 PM

Thomas Cook only seem to do 2 week options around the 12th. We booked 2013 flights from Belfast through Gatwick with Virgin for the same price as 2012 ones and have paid £250 deposit

Twilight Nerd 10 Apr 12 06:13 PM

My friend got a quote from TC for next July TA said they were only doing one flight from Belfast in 2013 but they were talking telephone numbers. We are going from Dublin via Gatwick in June and got a price for parking at Dublin 15 days around $50 (pounds).

Donegal_Guy 10 Apr 12 06:35 PM

Just to let you know we booked our Tickets for Next week with Aer Lingus on the first day that they were available and that has been the cheapest I've seen them - even during "SALES" the price wasn't as cheap asthe first day they were on sale...

Guest 10 Apr 12 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celica190 (Post 7246446)
We flew from Dublin last April for the first time and found it brilliant. You clear immigration and customs before you fly, so walk through MCO as if you were a domestic arrival. Plus you don't have to pay the huge taxes you do for flying from the UK. We took the bus down the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northwood for 58 Euro overnight. After the horrendous experience on the bus coming home, I think we would take the car next time, but that's the only negative thing I can come up with ;)

Can I ask what happened on the bus home? I'm thinking of catching the bus this year.:omg:

Mousey8818 10 Apr 12 08:23 PM

Donegal Guy, let me know how ur air lingus flight goes, please.

Enjoy ur holiday xx :d: