theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Teppan Edo and dietary requirements (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=376520)

Guest 25 Jan 10 07:29 PM

Teppan Edo and dietary requirements

I have heard soem amazing reviews of teppan edo but as my dd cant have gluten I was just wondering if this is a restaurant that can accomadate this or is it one we have to avoid with dd?

Thanks x x x

mandy_mccormac 25 Jan 10 07:36 PM

dont know for certain but this shouldnt be too much of a problem as disney are really good with food allergies, i would just mention it when you book your adr.
My Dad has to have a gluten free diet and when he eats out here all he does is have a steak without sauce that keeps him happy a he loves plain fayre.

BevS97 25 Jan 10 07:38 PM

Let them know when you make your ADR but I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem. WDW are very good about special food needs.

Guest 25 Jan 10 07:43 PM

I can't think of anything at Teppanedo in the entrees that would have gluten in it - it's just meat, vegetables and rice. But like everyone else has said I'm sure if you ask they will make sure it is gluten free for you.

mandy_mccormac 25 Jan 10 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleP1 (Post 4497457)
I can't think of anything at Teppanedo in the entrees that would have gluten in it - it's just meat, vegetables and rice. But like everyone else has said I'm sure if you ask they will make sure it is gluten free for you.

sometimes some of the sauces used may have gluten in them for example soya sauce has gluten in it. But all they would do is not add any or perhaps knowing disney they might hava gluten free sauce to add. ;)

Clare 25 Jan 10 07:58 PM

TBH I wasn't too impressed with Teppan Edo last time I ate there (Dec 07), when it was the 'old' Teppanyaki it was brilliant, they had proper gluten free soy sauce :) Unfortunately now they don't, so they 'dry fry' the food (not very tasty), I have enquired recently through 'special dining' if I could take my own soy sauce but no, they don't allow it. Such a shame as Teppanyaki always used to have gluten free soy sauce.

Basically, with gluten free - once everyone's orders are taken, they will cook the gluten free food first, like I said above, it's just fried on the teppan grill, with no soy sauce added (I found it very lacking in flavour) and is just rice, no noodles. Once the gluten free food is cooked and served, they cook everybody else's, and boy did it look/smell good.

If I wasn't gluten free I'd have no hesitation in returning, but being gluten free I just found it lacking, but that is of course just my personal opinion.

Wobbles 25 Jan 10 08:00 PM

They do accomodate for allergies. I cannot eat eat fish of any kind and my DH reallys want to eat there and he rang to discuss my problem. What they said to him is that they will sit me at table where no one is ordering fish, even if we have to sit as a pair on our own... He is one happy bunny

DIBBadmin 25 Jan 10 08:00 PM

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.