theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   QSDP vs DDP for May 2014 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=698285)

charleion 25 Apr 13 12:45 PM

QSDP vs DDP for May 2014

Just had a couple of quotes :

POR with QSDP for 2 adults & 2 children 7&10, May 2014 for 7 nights with park tickets £2093

But

OKW came in @ £2261 with DDP so a difference of £168.00, is it worth it as never been before :confused2:confused2

loves2plan 25 Apr 13 12:52 PM

QSDP basically gives you meals that are all counter service - you go up, order, take your food away on a tray (a bit like McDonalds). We had it last year and really enjoyed it, but you do need to do your research to find the good palces to eat to make sure you're not eating burgers and pizza for the whole holiday (unless you want to!). You don't have to book in advance and there are no tips to pay.
DDP gives you 1 counter service meal and 1 table service meal per day. So the counter service one works exactly rhe same as the QSDP. The table service one is waiter/waiterss service in a proper restaurant. The food is much better and much more varied. You can also use TS credits for character meals and shows - so worth taking into account if you're planning any of these. You do have to tip (18-20% of what the food would have cost if you were playing), so need to factor that in to your budget. You also need to book in advance, especially for popular restaurants, character meals etc. You can book from 6 months before the date you want to eat! If you do this, it does involve a fair bit of planning. A lot of people don't like how restricted this can make them feel. You can also just see what's available on the day, but may not be able to get into your preferred resatuarant or have to wait a while.
Like I said, we enjoyed the QSDP for our first trip, but want to try DDP for our 2nd one as I saw a lot restaurants that I would like to try :)

Pumba75 25 Apr 13 01:04 PM

We had the same dilemma this time last year and we opted for OKW with DDP. To pay a little bit extra, we liked the idea of being in a deluxe and the option of having one sit down meal a day, which can include character breakfasts etc (which we found expensive out of pocket previously) plus the ability to use 2 credits and go to a signature restaurant too.

Lots of Dibbers love POR and there are lists on here for QSDP options, which may help you decide. Good luck and happy planning, whatever you decide!

Andi 25 Apr 13 01:10 PM

If you want to have a few meals at table service restaurants then yes it is definitely worth paying the difference.

Last year we had meals at Rainforest Cafe at AK, CRT, Teppan Edo and others that we would not have had if we had not had the free DDP.

There are still great places to eat on the QSDP but if you want to have any meals at table service restaurants then it really makes a big difference to be on the free DDP.

ThenameisMouse 25 Apr 13 01:33 PM

Silly Question, if you have DDP can you still use it a counter services if you want?
Just priced up for next october and its only £112.00 more to go to OKW with DDP than POR with QSDP instead!

macadoo 25 Apr 13 01:45 PM

The difference between POR QSDP and OKW DDP is whether you want to plan all (or most of) your meals 180 days in advance. There are some restaurants that you can book last minute but the popular ones will need to be booked, especially character meals. This put us off booking OKW/SSR for this Augusut as we would much prefer the freedom that the QSDP gives us. But if you want to do lots of character meals the DDP would probably be better for you.

macadoo 25 Apr 13 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThenameisMouse (Post 8447466)
Silly Question, if you have DDP can you still use it a counter services if you want?
Just priced up for next october and its only £112.00 more to go to OKW with DDP than POR with QSDP instead!

No you can't use table service credits for counter unfortunately.

ThenameisMouse 25 Apr 13 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenameisMouse

thanks for that! Might make my choice easier! Think with a 4 year old the QSDP is easier than trying to sit for a meal everyday!

Shani 25 Apr 13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThenameisMouse (Post 8447612)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenameisMouse

thanks for that! Might make my choice easier! Think with a 4 year old the QSDP is easier than trying to sit for a meal everyday!

On DDP you get 1 table service, 1 counter service and 1 snack credit per guest per day. So you don't *have* to go to a TS every day (for example, you use more than 1TS credit on character/signature dining) and could just use 1 or 2 (or all! lol) CS credits on one day.

Hope that makes sense :confused2

charleion 25 Apr 13 02:18 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I think I kind of like the idea of a few table service meals after a manic day.
Also, am I right in thinking that OKW is great for the fireworks and there is extra room compared with the rooms @ POR