theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   lake buena vista vs international drive (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=506734)

Guest 2 May 11 03:55 PM

lake buena vista vs international drive

just wondered if anyone has stayed in the lake buena vista area ? if so how far away is it from international drive , universal etc ? or would we be better staying on international drive ? many thanks ! hoping to go september ! whoop whoop :tounge:

Guest 2 May 11 04:09 PM

Hi
I prefer Int Drive. Its got the trolly bus thats really cheap that goes up and down all day long. Lots more restuarants and its cheaper. When I went approx 10 years ago the TGI's menu was cheaper on Int Drive also. You also have Sea World at one end with the Premium Outlet mall and the other end youve got Universal x 2 also wet n wild. You can just leave the car at the hotel and walk it if you dont want the bus. But if you want me to be honest I prefer a villa everytime to a hotel. More freedom, own pool but then you have to car it every where. Depending how many there is of you its my first choice every time.

Hope this helps

Lucien21 2 May 11 04:12 PM

LBV is obviously closer to the Disney area than Universal.

I stayed in the Marriot hotel on Vineland Ave a couple of years ago and it was easy to walk to DTD or get the hotel shuttle bus to the Disney sites.

To get to Universal it was about $15 for a taxi or I walked to Premium Outlets and got the i-trolley up i-Drive.

LBV and IDrive are about 9-10 miles apart.

Guest 2 May 11 04:14 PM

We have been twice before. Stayed at Lake Buena Vista the first time and Kissimmee the second time. Have been to International Drive to visit shows etc but never stayed. there. Personally I didnt like the look of it! LBV seemed alot nicer to me and there were lots of good restaurants. Staying at LBV this time seeing as we have sorted the car problem out thanks to the DIbbers! Hope you find something you like!

Guest 2 May 11 04:15 PM

thanks for the replies guys , we did start to look at villas but as theres only 2 of us thought hotel would be better must admit loooking at virgins website prices seem to of gone up alot since we went 2 years ago lol

sha9 2 May 11 04:16 PM

It depends on where your focus is. We prefer Lake Buena Vista because it's closer to Disney and generally I think it's a nicer area. It's just off the interstate so everywhere else is handy if you have a car. It has all the restaurants you need and Premium Outlets.

Guest 2 May 11 04:21 PM

Hi, we stayed at Quality inn plaza on i-drive in nov 2009.
We really liked it and thought i-drive was really nice.
We had a car so getting about was easy. Where we stayed
had a sizzlers opersite so good for breakfast and there was
plenty of restaurants to choose from. In the evening you are
only about 10-20 mins from domntown disney or city walk.

Tinks-Mum 2 May 11 04:22 PM

Will you have a car? Is so either will be fine. LBV is a nicer location IMHO but I-Drive has more night life. We have stayed in both locations. LBV would win every time for me, it's on Disney's door step and an easy 20 mins up the interstate to Universal and 10 mins from Sea World.

SuzieG 2 May 11 04:28 PM

LBV is fab and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Loads of restaurants and shops around, depending on where you stay some within walking distance. Close to DTD (10 mins drive max), all the Disney parks (20mins max), Seaworld (5 mins) and US/IoA about 20 mins max too. Easy access to I4, quieter than I Drive, really close to one of the outlet centre (can't remember the name - think it's Premium?), Walmart closeby. For us it's just the perfect place to stay!

But it depends on what you like! Some like the livelier I Drive area, but it's not for us.

Guest 2 May 11 04:28 PM

thanks guys will def have a car ! have been looking on virgins website for september and not alot of chice of hotels at the min ! did fancy staying somewhere different really we normally spend most of our time around universal rather than disney parks !:tounge: