theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Re-Imagined Test Track at Epcot this Autumn. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=571469)

SMAX 6 Jan 12 04:16 PM

Re-Imagined Test Track at Epcot this Autumn.

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/atta...1&d=1325867821

Beginning this fall, Epcot guests will be able to enjoy a re-imagined version of the popular Future World attraction, Test Track presented by Chevrolet.

This new version of the attraction will transform the current testing workshop into the sleek “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot,” where guests can become immersed in the fun – and fast – world of automotive design. Here, guests will become automotive designers and create their own custom vehicles. Next, they’ll buckle into a six-person SimCar ride vehicle and test out their design on the challenging track of the Test Track course.

SMAX 6 Jan 12 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Afterward, guests can take a fascinating look into the future of transportation by viewing a collection of the latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new showroom.

This fun new experience is the result of a renewed, multi-year business relationship between Disney and General Motors, companies that have worked together for more than 30 years. {From Disney Parks Blog.}

Plans call for closing the current GM Test Track in April 2012, with an anticipated opening of Test Track Presented by Chevrolet scheduled for fall 2012.

Maz 6 Jan 12 04:20 PM

Sounds like it could be fun and it did need an upgrade. Personally I just like to get on a ride and ride it, so it sounds like too much going on beforehand here for me, but that's ok. Families should like it though and have fun designing a vehicle.

Imagineer2802 6 Jan 12 04:39 PM

So its going to be a moving simulator basically? Not my idea of fun! And having to design your own car first seems like a lot of kerfuffel to me. I really hope Disney arent going to totally ruin another of my favourite rides. :(

shelly 6 Jan 12 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 (Post 6960749)
So its going to be a moving simulator basically? Not my idea of fun! And having to design your own car first seems like a lot of kerfuffel to me. I really hope Disney arent going to totally ruin another of my favourite rides. :(

Sounds like it to me. Another ride I won't be able to go on due to my motion sickness if it is a simulator :cry:

stepintothepin 6 Jan 12 06:17 PM

Can't believe tht BTM and TT are both closed when I visit. It's my boyfriends first visit and probably our only visit for a good long time! There's not many coasters to begin with! Fingers crossed they'll speed up the BTM refurb :(

Guest 6 Jan 12 06:19 PM

Am I reading it right - no whizz around the actual track ?

Chris106 6 Jan 12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 6960831)
Sounds like it to me. Another ride I won't be able to go on due to my motion sickness if it is a simulator :cry:

The way I read it sounds like the ride vehicles and queueing area are being refurbed, with the ride being essentially as it was?

Chris106 6 Jan 12 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepintothepin (Post 6961015)
Can't believe tht BTM and TT are both closed when I visit. It's my boyfriends first visit and probably our only visit for a good long time! There's not many coasters to begin with! Fingers crossed they'll speed up the BTM refurb :(

Hopefully BTM will open before TT closes as were there a similar time to you.

shelly 6 Jan 12 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepintothepin (Post 6961015)

Your countdown is the similar to mine... we might be on the same flight! I am keeping my fingers crossed that things change and it closed the beginning of May as we might fit in one ride then ;)