theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What clothes to pack for february in florida ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=256385)

Guest 12 Nov 08 07:50 PM

What clothes to pack for february in florida ?

I am going to florida in february 2009 with my husband and 3 sons. We have been before but only in may and obviously then it's really hot there and like proper summer weather. Checked the temps out on websites and it says in day 70 degrees average but at night it can get cool. Should i pack jackets for the evening for disney parades/fireworks ? Or will it be quite warm ? Just don't want to go unprepared and have to start shopping for coats/jackets etc when we want to spend time in the parks if it could be chilly. Also what would we wear in the day ? Do you think we can wear shorts or are we talking trousers/jeans. Just don't know what to expect as we have not been in feb before. Would appreciate any help. Thanks ! :)

happyhope 12 Nov 08 08:01 PM

I've been in mid January and we needed jackets from around about tea time as it got chilly. I wore 3/4 trousers and a t shirt during the day.

Mazzy 12 Nov 08 08:06 PM

The weather is very unpredictable in the Winter, you can get anything from frost (we did!) to warm sunny weather, so pack a little of everything. :d: We went mid-Feb and there was frost on the rooftops of the Polynesian on 3 mornings, and we really needed winter coats during those 3 days, but only had fleeces but managed kind of OK, those were record-breaking temps, so you should do better than that, but you never know, so like I said take a little of everything and check the forecast each evening for the following day. :d:

Guest 12 Nov 08 08:22 PM

Hi, we have recently been twice in Feb, once early and once into March. We have booked to go again in Feb/March 2009 so must think its ok! I tend to pack a bit of everything and have worn it all. I took a gillet (armless furry thing) to travel from Manchester in and actually did wear it along with a cardi around some of the parks. the nearer you get to March the warmer it tends to be, although still very varied. Early Feb we have had frost before which turned into a 65 deg day. Late feb, early March I have been sunbathing in 80 odd deg!

We are off to Regal Palms next year and are definately hoping for a bit of sunbathing around their lovely pools. The parks are pretty quiet which is a definate bonus. We did have to track down some universal sweatshirts one year as we were at the park by 9am, then had to carry them around all day as it turned out really hot.

You can't just assume that the weather will be fab every day, but it is usually sunny, little rain, but chilly morning and evening, with a warm it in the middle. Just remember to take cardis, your travelling jacket and vest and shorts!

Have fun.

OWJAY 12 Nov 08 08:38 PM

We went in February this year and we wore shorts and t.shirts during the day and 3/4 length trousers and t.shirts with a lightweight jacket or cardi in the evening. It's a lovely time of the year to go and the weather is perfect and not many crowds either :thumbs-up

Tinklfly 12 Nov 08 08:45 PM

We've never experienced frost at this time of year, but it certainly does get cooler, especially in the evenings. We mostly wore shorts or jeans (on non sunny days) with t shirts, and fleeces/hoodies in the evenings. Best advice is to pack a little of everything. The great thing about this time of year is that the parks tend to be much quieter and the whole holiday takes on a slower pace. Hope you have a great time. :spin:

parisdisneyfan 12 Nov 08 08:46 PM

basically summer clothes for here, shorts, t-shirts etc with crops and a fleece cardi for first thing and the evening. This time of year suits us as it is not too hot and humid although some days it was still in the 80's. Worse thing is not knowing what to wear to come home in as you know it will be cold and after the red eye flight home you are tired and it seems even worse. We have left and returned in heavy frost and/or snow and it really hits you, only time I didn't like snow!

Dreamers 12 Nov 08 09:02 PM

we went late jan to early feb 2007 and are going middle of feb next year, we're packing a bit of everything, but will probably be three quarter lengths and t-shirt during the day with a fleece for evenings, and will have a couple of pairs shorts an vest tops if it's any hotter ;) and a pair of jeans in case it turns colder :omg:

either way cant wait :grin:

Trish

Guest 12 Nov 08 09:03 PM

:wavey: When are you all going in Feb? We fly from Manchester on 4 Feb. 12 weeks today -soooo excited! :spin:

Guest 12 Nov 08 09:59 PM

We go Feb Too :spin: and am planning to pack a bit of everything ,only a bit cos also plan to do lots of shopping :pgig: