theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=645897)

Guest 17 Sep 12 10:02 PM

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Looking through the attractions and found this which looks a fun activity to do with the boys. Has anyone tried it, if you have what did you think.

-----------------

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, here's what the website has for a desciption

Experience even more Disney magic during an interactive adventure with Merlin, the legendary wizard! Included in your theme park admission, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a role-playing game that takes you around the park to help Merlin solve a series of clues—and prevent Disney Villains from taking over Magic Kingdom.
Aided by magic spells on special cards, players—or apprentice sorcerers—search for symbols that reveal the hiding places of Disney Villains, including Yzma and Kronk from the Disney film The Emperor's New Groove. By casting magical spell cards, apprentice sorcerers engage in battle. From flinging fireballs to creating cyclones, there are spells to bring down each and every villain.

How to Play - Merlin needs your help—so join him on this courageous quest to save Magic Kingdom theme park! To get started, simply sign up at the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A. 8 missions lasting 20-30 minutes

BevS97 17 Sep 12 10:04 PM

We tried it, it's pretty cool. Some people seemed to be taking it very seriously but we just played whatever spell we had to hand without much thought and it seemed to work reasonably well.

It's fun to watch, but there's no real trick to it. Whatever you tried seemed to work

Guest 18 Sep 12 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 7832466)
We tried it, it's pretty cool. Some people seemed to be taking it very seriously but we just played whatever spell we had to hand without much thought and it seemed to work reasonably well.

It's fun to watch, but there's no real trick to it. Whatever you tried seemed to work

If the games of miniatue golf at centre parcs are having anything to go by we will not be taking it too seriously. Sounds like fun though.

Imagineer2802 18 Sep 12 07:18 PM

It is fun - i played a few of the portals, but did it mainly for collecting the cards ;) I had a few troubles...each portal said I was at the wrong one (despite going where it told me i should go). It's pretty cool! :wavey:

Carrotstickz 18 Sep 12 10:07 PM

It's okay. They only have easy mode active at the moment (or they did when I was there) which means no matter what you do you win (unless the cameras aren't working, but that's another story and only happened once or twice).

So it's great for kids but not so much for teenagers or adults who understand/can work out the basics of most card games. Assuming- perhaps mistakenly - that harder modes will actually make use of the 'strength' and 'defence' aspect of each card.

walt4it 18 Sep 12 11:15 PM

Great game - which appears to have a lot of different levels available - had a discussion with a man who appeared to have every card in his possession - he was aiming to complete the set that day:erm: Did not allow him to put us off:confused2 You can do as much or as little of each quest as you want - we got interupted for a Splash Mountain FP and could carry on afterwards. You can also register agin on next visit to the park and see what is on offer.
We used it as a family treasure hunt and had a fab few hours with it:thumbs-up

Imagineer2802 19 Sep 12 05:38 AM

You can start and stop it any time over the whole holiday - i.e. you could visit a portal on Monday, but not visit the next one until Friday, and it would make no difference, its not like the World Showcase Adventure where you have to do it all at once and return the phone - you get to keep your Key! You can get the cards without playing the game too.

Alleycat 19 Sep 12 08:22 AM

We did this on our last day and wish we'd done it sooner. The cards you get to collect are pretty cool - I have to say we saw several grown men with handful's of cards - on their own! Some people do take it very seriously!

We found that our "adventure" stayed within the same land and the portals were very close together - this was great as we didn't have to walk all over the park.

If your kids are say 8+, you could sit and have a drink somewhere and let them go off on their own - the portals would probably be all in sight of you so you can keep tabs on them and it gives you a chance to have a rest!

happyhope 19 Sep 12 08:33 AM

Sounds good

Roosterroo 19 Sep 12 11:39 AM

Where do you go to start this off is it listed as an attraction on the park map, we have no kids but enjoyed the Kim possible one at epcot