theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thomson or Thomas Cook Premium Economy? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=256495)

Guest 13 Nov 08 01:21 PM

Thomson or Thomas Cook Premium Economy?

Hi, Thomson and Thomas Cook are coming in at roughly the same price (around £4200) for us (6 adults and 1 child) for end of June next year flying premium economy. We flew thomas cook premium economy last year (post merger) and were very happy with them. But we have no experience of Thomson flights at all. So my question is has anyone flown pe with both and if so which would you prefer or recommend if they were the same price? Is there any difference in the seat pitch as I will have 3 tall sons with me!

Saratoska 13 Nov 08 05:12 PM

we have only flown with TC, next year we are flying with Thomson as TC don't do 3 weeks in PG

for me I would have went with TC, Reports seem to be that Thomson if it is the same as FC are better but the baggage allowance for next year with Thomson is rubbish for upgrading. its 23kg whereby we got 30 kg with TC

Guest 13 Nov 08 07:03 PM

The seat pitch on Thomson and FC is excellent. I am over 6ft tall and had a good few inches between my knees and the seat in front. Also found I could stretch my legs out straight under the seat in front because of the seat design.
Look out for the baggage allowance because they can be strict on check in but 20 kilo or thereabouts is plenty for most on a one or two week holiday.
I certainly would not worry about bringing shopping home at current exchange rates!

Bellestar 13 Nov 08 07:08 PM

Hi we have flown with Thompsonfly Premium in April this year and had a fantastic time, the seat pitch, legroom was unbelievable and service and food too, have flown FC but only economy but that was fab too leg room great.. :wavey: Sorry never flown Thomas Cook

Guest 18 Mar 09 12:03 AM

do they have seat back tv's and a choice of films on thompson flights

facepot 18 Mar 09 07:38 AM

Quote:

do they have seat back tv's and a choice of films on thompson flights
Yes they do, you also get a upgade to all the games and extra movies. Not to mention the free booze.

We flew from Esat Mids last June and thought the service was really good. First on the plane & first off, first to get your luggage which meant first at Dollar to spend an hour argueing with salesman.

Guest 18 Mar 09 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facepot (Post 3269253)
Yes they do, you also get a upgade to all the games and extra movies. Not to mention the free booze.

We flew from Esat Mids last June and thought the service was really good. First on the plane & first off, first to get your luggage which meant first at Dollar to spend an hour argueing with salesman.

That was another question, do you get free drinks on board not that we drink anything other than soft drinks.

Does anyone know if they do a twilight check in at east midlands ?

Guest 18 Mar 09 06:57 PM

you do get free drinks in premium, not in ecy

Guest 18 Mar 09 08:06 PM

Ah, thats where we will be sat in eco cheap seats :)

Guest 19 Mar 09 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcjcjc (Post 3271559)
Ah, thats where we will be sat in eco cheap seats :)

they maybe cheap, well cheaper, however still luxury :tounge: