theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Avios for Tickets? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=587421)

deltakc 8 Mar 12 12:13 PM

Avios for Tickets?

Hello :wavey:

I remember reading on here somewhere that you can exchange Avios points for tickets. Does anyone know how to do this?
I have quite a lot of points, but they are with BA not the actual Avios site and I wondered if I can still use them?

Thanks for any help!

Guest 8 Mar 12 12:19 PM

if you search AVIOS you will find the threads for them and they will explain it all.

Basically, yes if you have BA Miles you can transfer them to Avios (I did that) - create your Avios account and then you merge them on their site.

Attraction tickets are offered via the Attraction World website with Avios (not mentioned on Avios web site at all). Here is a link direct to their webpage for you to price your tickets onlineticketstore

You will get etickets / vouchers and not hard tickets.

Avios discounts work out at :

10,000 Avios = £50.00 discount off tickets
5,000 Avios = £25.00 discount off tickets

and then you pay the rest in cash (i.e. my BMG tickets cost me 25,000 + £19 as the total cost on the website was £134.00)

You can also convert Tesco ClubCard points into Avios if you have that option available to you.

Mandy

Guest 8 Mar 12 12:44 PM

Here's the latest thread.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=585143

I am just in converstaion with Avios right now, trying to book tickets, but I have left it too late for some of my options. :(

You can use your BA points, but what we had to do was transfer them to our normal Avios acct. We had a household acct and my hubby had a BA acct, so they had to split the household acct, transfer the points and then merge the acct again. Don't ask! Anyway it happened very smoothly and within 24 hours we had all the points we needed and I'm about to spend them. Just waiting for them to call me now!

Clubcard vouchers need to be transferred before the end of March to get the bonus 400 miles, but well worth doing if you have any.

deltakc 8 Mar 12 01:03 PM

Brilliant, thanks for your replies :)

I was going to try and upgrade using my miles but there are no seats available and they quoted me over £800 just for one seat :omg:
Then I saw about using them for tickets so think I might just do this instead.

I have an Avios account and have transferred my clubcard points already to BA Avios so will go have a look at how to transfer BA ones to my Avios account :grin:

Guest 8 Mar 12 01:24 PM

If your accounts are linked, you should be able to do it online.

Just spent mine! 90000 points = £450 discount off two WDW Ultimate tickets making a spend of £80. The tickets are more expensive than buying elsewhere but at least it removes the hit on the credit card! I had left it too late so the KSC passes I wanted weren't available, so this was my second best option.

I did mention to the Avios lady that Attraction World isn't listed on their site anywhere. She said when they were Air Miles, they had a very long list of companies on the site they dealt with but hardly any have been put on the current site. She said she will feedback this to Avios, so if a few others do as well, we may get a better website with more options from it!

Guest 8 Mar 12 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo20 (Post 7144748)
I did mention to the Avios lady that Attraction World isn't listed on their site anywhere. She said when they were Air Miles, they had a very long list of companies on the site they dealt with but hardly any have been put on the current site. She said she will feedback this to Avios, so if a few others do as well, we may get a better website with more options from it!

That's good news - I've also set up a basic Guidebook page on Dibb Guidebook for the Avios and put the link on for the theme park tickets so people know where to go for prices.

I remember a while back it was Keith Prowse tickets that were offered with Airmiles and then KP went down the tubes so it's fab that you can still use your miles for these (and even better for me since I had BA miles and could only really use them for flights which was never going to happen!)

DIBBadmin 8 Mar 12 03:07 PM

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.