theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What to wear in october in florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=306418)

Guest 2 Jun 09 09:14 AM

What to wear in october in florida

Hi please can you help?
What to wear in october in florida,its our first vist and dont know what I should buy to take with us?we are a familey two adults and 4 and 9 year old girls.

hope you can help elaine:wave:

tessdog 2 Jun 09 09:16 AM

Hi

T shirts , shorts a light cardi for the evening and in the resterants as the air con can feel quite cold.

We are normally there until the middle of Oct and its quite hot.
xx

Guest 2 Jun 09 09:18 AM

Hiya. When we went in october last time i wore vest tops and 3/4 combat pants or 3/4 jeans. Others who i was with wore shorts and vest tops. We had a 1 and a half yr old with us and he wore shorts and t-shirt. Hope this helps :)

andyhayley 2 Jun 09 09:21 AM

9 out of the last 10 times we have been in October it has been nice and warm, t-shirts and shorts weather, but of course occasionally it can be cooler and the 1 time out of ten it was definately cooler and we needed light jumpers, so I would say its a good idea to pack at least 1 jumper just in case and hopefully you wont need them.

Andy

MrsH070707 2 Jun 09 09:22 AM

We were there beginning of last October and wore pretty much exactly what we have worn on previous visits in May, June and Sept! As others mention, worth popping a cardi in just in case but I certainly wouldn't be too concerned...x

sunkisser 2 Jun 09 09:22 AM

Don't take too much!
Shorts & t shirts are what most people wear. A fleece or cardigan for the evenings and restaurants (the air conditioning can be cold). Maybe some leggings or trousers for the girls if their legs get cold in the evenings.
Are you staying in a villa or hotel? If you have access to a washer/dryer then take a weeks worth of clothes and a few washing powder tablets. The first few times we went we always took too many clothes and didn't wear half of them.
Sun hats. Don't forget the sun hats.
Pac-a-macs just in case there is a shower.
Comfy shoes/sandals/trainers.

mariasmadhouse 2 Jun 09 09:23 AM

:)First time we went in October I convinced myself we'd need cardi's or fleeces, but it was lovely and warm even if it rained, the rain didn't last too long and a fleece would have been too warm. Lived in shorts and vest tops.:wave:

lovedisney 2 Jun 09 09:35 AM

We went at the end on Oct last year and had a few days when it was pretty cold and even had to buy sweatshirts in seaworld. I think (and hope) this is not the norm for Oct. most days were shorts and t.shirts

Guest 2 Jun 09 09:42 AM

I've been ten times in October over the years - all but one year the weather was very warm and summery - definitely shorts and t shirt weather. The one bad weather year it rained constantly and was cooler.

In general I'd suggest taking just enough clothes for 3 or 4 days and then buying what you need out there - clothes are SO cheap! and great quality too - wash and tumble dry a dream. back in the days when I used to go every year I'd buy my two sons their full year's wardrobe each year in Orlando :)

That way you'll save money but also be able to judge exactly what you need as you'll already be there, iyswim

Guest 2 Jun 09 09:51 AM

t-shirt & shorts