theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   7 night Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy 29/12/12 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=572825)

Princess Ploppy 11 Jan 12 07:41 PM

7 night Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy 29/12/12

:wavey:

Just back from my new years trip and we loved it so much we decided we'd like to do new year's Disney style again this year only this time we decided on a cruise and what could be better than 7 nights in the Caribbean aboard the Fantasy?!

So excited! Anyone else booked on the same cruise?

Guest 11 Jan 12 07:43 PM

the lovely MRaven is on that one too...celebrating his 50th :)

MRAven 11 Jan 12 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maza (Post 6975413)
the lovely MRaven is on that one too...celebrating his 50th :)

Well thank you for the intruduction dear Maza :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy (Post 6975406)
:wavey:

Just back from my new years trip and we loved it so much we decided we'd like to do new year's Disney style again this year only this time we decided on a cruise and what could be better than 7 nights in the Caribbean aboard the Fantasy?!

So excited! Anyone else booked on the same cruise?

:wavey: Yay a Dibber Shipmate Yay :wavey:

Glad to meet you Princess Ploppy :wiggle:

There are three of us, DW Katty, DD Liliam (19 YO at cruise date) and me Manny.

This cruise is to celebrate my 50th birthday which is on December 27th 2012 :cake:

We are in an inside cabine with virtual porthole (the new thing) and it's number 7683 deck 7 Aft of the ship too :d:

Please share it all of your latest vacation, How was the Party for NYE ?

Princess Ploppy 11 Jan 12 09:51 PM

:wave: Manny nice to meet you!

I replied to your post on the other thread so I was hoping you might see this post too! What a fantastic way to celebrate your 50th!

I am Beth (32 at time of cruise) and will be with my boyfriend Mark (30 at time of cruise)

I have used my DVC points to book the cruise so have treated us to a veranda room, cabin number 9666 right at the back of the ship. It's quite booked up already so there wasn't too much choice of room when I booked today!

This is only our second Disney cruise, we did the inaugural Alaskan cruise in May last year and absolutely loved it so we are very excited to be doing another!

New year at Disney this year was amazing, we were staying in bay lake tower so watched the magic kingdom new years fireworks from the top of the world lounge at the top which I think was the best view. The fireworks filled the entire sky rather than just over the castle so I don't think you could have appreciated them fully just from the park.

We will fly over on the 28th and stay the night at Disney then get the cruise line bus on the 29th then we plan to stay at Disney for 4/5 nights after the cruise before flying home.

Do you have plans before or after the cruise? Have you cruised before? I see you're from Venezuela too, what a lovely part of the world!

MRAven 11 Jan 12 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy (Post 6975940)
:wave: Manny nice to meet you!

I replied to your post on the other thread so I was hoping you might see this post too! What a fantastic way to celebrate your 50th!

I am Beth (32 at time of cruise) and will be with my boyfriend Mark (30 at time of cruise)

Very nice to meet you Beth and please do give my regards to Mark :wavey: I lived in London way back in 1972 for 4 years in East Putney, SW15 so yes I am a Fish and Chip lover.

Quote:

I have used my DVC points to book the cruise so have treated us to a veranda room, cabin number 9666 right at the back of the ship. It's quite booked up already so there wasn't too much choice of room when I booked today!

OMG the ship is filling up quite fast ! It's defenatly a great week to sail ;) I chose the 7th deck b/c it's half way up or down from deck 3 or from top deck just in case I had to take the stairs at some time, also chose Aft looking for less elevator trafic :d:

Quote:

This is only our second Disney cruise, we did the inaugural Alaskan cruise in May last year and absolutely loved it so we are very excited to be doing another!

This would be our fourth Disney Cruise, all previous on the Disney Magic :inlove: last one was our Mediterranean Cruise with the Euro Mouseketeers and it was great ! :spin:

I have in my scope the Alaska cruise for 2014 (I'll be asking you a lot on this subject) unless an Eastern Mediterranean Cruise comes around in the near future and the Disney Wedding/Cruise from some dear friends for 2015, either one I'll be booking on this Fantasy cruise :grin:

Quote:

New year at Disney this year was amazing, we were staying in bay lake tower so watched the magic kingdom new years fireworks from the top of the world lounge at the top which I think was the best view. The fireworks filled the entire sky rather than just over the castle so I don't think you could have appreciated them fully just from the park.

I'm so glad you had that experience of the fireworks defenatly will do it eventually.

Quote:

Do you have plans before or after the cruise? Have you cruised before? I see you're from Venezuela too, what a lovely part of the world!

Venezuela is a very nice place to live, specialy when it comes to weather, we only get two big seasons here, Sunny/Hot or Rainy/Hot although you can get all four season (even snow) all year round within a 1 hour flight in any direction. And then there's Angel Fall, a must see experience. Also we have the longest coast line of the Caribben which it's only 40 minutes away from my home :D

I'll share with you what I call my first nice to have vacation plan:

We plan to arrive at Florida around the 22nd and spend Christmas with my sister and family in Miami then drive up to Port Canaveral around the 25th to enjoy the Kenedy Space Center and then go to Orlando on the 26th. Planning to stay at the Disney Yatch Club and go to the Magic Kingdom on my birthdate (27th), this is non negotiable ;) and like you take the DCL bus to port around 1 pm on sailing day. After the cruise will stay for about a week to visit Harry Potter Park, go one day to Epcot and on our way down back to Miami stay one day in Tampa to visit Bush Garden Park. Finally fly back home sometime around the 11th, January.

So like you, will have some time before and after the cruise. :tongue:

Princess Ploppy 11 Jan 12 11:56 PM

Wow that sounds like quite a trip I'm very jealous! I haven't stayed at the Yacht club before, I've stayed at beach club and absolutely loved it - such a great location!

The Alaskan cruise was absolutely amazing you'll love it! Alaska is such a beautiful part of the world. We did 2 weeks driving round in an RV before the cruise which was brilliant fun and a great way to see it although it's so huge we are still far from having seen it all. It's quite an active cruise though as there are hundreds of port adventures to choose from and they are the type of places you will want to do something different and quite adventurous. We went snow shoeing high in the mountains and went in a helicopter to a glacier and went hiking on it which was amazing. I'm hoping this cruise will be much more geared towards relaxation!

I've just realised though that we don't go to st Maarten on this itinerary and go to San Juan instead which is a little disappointing as I was really excited about st Maarten but I'm sure it will still be fabulous!

MRAven 12 Jan 12 12:20 AM

lol like I said it's our first nice to have vacation plan but I will really push it to not change it, although just might get rearanged on the dates.

Never been to the Yacht Club Resort but I always try for new experiences.

Don't worry about St Maarten, when we did our first cruise we went there and of all the ports it was the one we liked less; we were back on the ship by 2 pm. You will get you Caribbean Fix on St Thomas and/or St. John Thouse are really, really nice.

Our cruise has 3 days at sea which I welcome a lot, it will give us lot's of time to enjoy the ship;

but it's neve enough :blush:

San Juan has a lot to offer and will probably have a bigger menu to choose activities from.

Never been there though. :erm:

That helicopter ride to the glacier and the whales spotting is what drives me the most.

Princess Ploppy 12 Jan 12 12:41 AM

Thanks Manny I know it will be amazing whatever and I'm with you, 3 days at sea really pleases me. That's what we had for Alaska and it was lovely!

Sadly we were too early in the season for whale watching tours but I don't think we could have fitted one in anyway! We saw loads of whales and dolphins swimming alongside the boat though and that was amazing! Can't wait to spend time in the pools this time though - it was too cold in Alaska to spend too long on deck!

Bats 12 Jan 12 08:59 PM

Is there a little private party going on here Manny and Beth?! ;)

Manny ... are you cheating on your Med friends! ?

MRAven 12 Jan 12 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bats (Post 6978524)
Is there a little private party going on here Manny and Beth?! ;)

Manny ... are you cheating on your Med friends! ?

Actually I'm still in the recruting mode Bats,

I know you have a Fantasy Cruise planned, wanna push it to NYE ;) and I did mention the Euro Mouseketeers a few posts back :D

Now that I'm back in full planning I must say I missed this :cool2: