theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shopping in Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Walmart or Winn Dixie? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=767342)

MarkUK 26 Jan 14 10:28 AM

Walmart or Winn Dixie?

Staying at Southern Dunes in March and there is both a Walmart and Winn Dixie on the door step.

Any advantage over one or another in quality, price, and choice of food and drink?

nialltruan 26 Jan 14 10:38 AM

Walmart will sell everything you need and more. The quality is ok but I prefer Publix for fresh and deli food.
I went into Winn Dixie and it looked fine. The fruit and veg were certainly better than Walmart. The downside was that for a lot of the offers you had to have a card, which they were quite happy to give me, except nobody came to customer service to serve me and after around 20 minutes I gave up and didn't go back.
I would visit both and see which you prefer.

MarkUK 26 Jan 14 11:45 AM

Ok thanks for the reply. There is a Winn Dixie card to use in the villa so may come in useful.

shazzab 26 Jan 14 01:40 PM

Def prefer Walmart especially for the big shop as there's lots more to choose from and it is cheaper. Found Winn Dixie quite expensive for a lot of things but it was a lot more convenient just to pop in on the way home from the parks for a few bits as and when needed

Toryn 26 Jan 14 02:57 PM

Walmart is tesco Winn Dixie wait rose .I would go Walmart every time lot cheaper and you can get everything there .Winn Dixie as others have said has better quality green grocery but that's only really relevant if you're doing mostly self catering:wave:

Susan Coleman 26 Jan 14 03:13 PM

WinnDixie is more expensive but ,as said, useful if you have the card...and they are a little higher end
we have one near to us and just use it for our first night stop before we descend on the villa..
Other than that prefer Publix and sometimes Walmart who sell all

JAF 26 Jan 14 05:46 PM

Winn Dixie is NOT Waitrose that is Publix. We have used the Winn Dixie outside SD several times and always found we have been served quite quickly. It is definitely worth having a card as you can get some very good offers. For several items we have also found it cheaper than Walmart.

mrs rcch 26 Jan 14 09:10 PM

We found that after a busy day in the parks, and you only wanted a couple of things, it was quicker to go to Winn Dixie and get them.
Don't forget to have a look around DollarTree, for all your cleaning stuff and bins liners etc, before you go into either of the other supermarkets.

MarkUK 26 Jan 14 09:37 PM

Thanks for the $tree tip. So that's like the 68p shop then :)

mrs rcch 27 Jan 14 08:28 PM

It's my favourite shop, usually visit at least 4-5 times very time we go :omg:
In my defence, you do find some bargains... thats my excuse, and I'm sticking to it :grin: