View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 14, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Another and hopefully final accommodation update.

lbs lost: 10lbs
£'s gained: still zilch, its been birthdays galore in our household this month so my paypal pot took a bashing.

Ok, so my updates are running a bit like buses, none for ages then loads come all at once!
But that's what my planning has been like really, so I've not had a great deal to write about until recently. However, as over the past few weeks things have got moving a bit, so I have got a few things to tell you.

I'll make a start with an accommodation update.

So whilst we were patiently awaiting the 7 month mark so we could switch our DVC Animal Kingdom Lodge booking to Vero Beach I got to thinking about the night before we go. We had initially planned to just stay at home as we don't live too far from the airport but I have to admit on our last 2 trips I have loved the feeling of dumping my bags at the airport and starting my holiday there and then. I was getting worried it may be a bit of a downer returning home, so I got to looking at hotels for the night. On our 2010 trip we stayed at the Travelodge at the Trafford Centre. We found this great as we went out for a meal and did some last minute purchases, it was a lovely start to the holiday.

I was hoping to try Premier Inn this time but at triple the cost per room I wasn't sure it would be worth it for the one night. I could have held out for a sale but my impatient side got the better of me so it's back to good old Travelodge!

For a cheap and cheerful £25 .

We will have a meal using Tesco Clubcard points - providing I have enough left after car hire that is. At the moment there's a choice of Zizzi, Potters, La Tascas, Prezzo, Cafe Rouge, Bella Italia or Pizza Express... decisions, decisions.

The Travelodge is situated just over from Chill Factore, which last time I was considering taking the kids either tubing or on the ice luge but I was quickly reminded by the ever so sensible Seb that a visit to A & E with a broken leg might not be the best start to our holiday.
We had planned to go watch others taking to the slopes last time we were there but with me forgetting to pack a couple of essentials and making Seb drive all the way home to get them (whoops!) we ran out of time. Seen as I'm so much more organised this time (yeah right!), I'm hoping we will be able to go and observe whilst we have a couple of farewell drinks.

Vero Beach.

As you know from my last update we were planning to stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort on the way up to Port Canaveral from Miami for our cruise.

So, Thursday was 7 months before our planned trip to Vero Beach Resort. I was very proud of myself that I had remembered to email the Dibb owner with who we had rented points earlier in the week to give a heads up that the date was approaching. Thursday arrived but as I had been to Disney on Ice the night before for Georgia's birthday night out and was busy planning for her actual birthday the day after I completely forgot to ask if it had been successfully swapped. It was actually Saturday before I remembered, so I quickly sent an email to see if we had got our dates. Turned out the lady had also been busy so hadn't had chance to check yet. Aaaaahhhhh panic whilst keeping fingers and toes crossed there was still availability...

Panic over! There was apparently tonnes of availability so we are booked into an ocean view room as we had wanted. I am so looking forward to staying here and can now start planning our stay here, hooray!

This also means we finally have all our accommodation booked for our stay yippee!

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List