View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 12, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Day 0 - the start of the holiday

We had Dinner at Giraffe, landside at Gatwick South. My Dad joined us.

Connie had Crispy Chicken Breast Strips with Chips and corn on the cob (still in the UK they aren't called fries yet!)

As you can see for a childs portion it was huge but Connie put a sizeable dent in it only leaving a few chips and one strip. I tried the chicken it was still juicy and very crispy crumbed.

Both my Dad and I went for the Full Rack of Baby Back Ribs with Chips (not fries!) Coleslaw and I also ordered us a side of onion rings we all had a couple of those each including Connie.

The ribs were cooked really well the meat fell off the bone, if I had one fault it would be that there wasnt quite enough bbq sauce for my liking. The chips were just ordinary nothing to write home about but the coleslaw was delicious very refreshing more of a vinegar dressing than the normal mayonaise type and the added taste of poppy seeds to give even more flavour, lovely.

Only Connie could manage dessert and she was very happy to see that Giraffe have her favourite dessert on the kids menu, Profiteroles!

Another huge portion for a child actually it would be large even for an adult! Connie managed all of them except one which I had to try obviously for research purposes they were ok but Connie said they were delicious!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List