View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 12, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Day 3 - Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and Sassagoula Floatworks

We had got up really early to go Hot Air Ballooning and this included breakfast at Maingate Lakeside Resort. No pics I'm afraid I felt a bit self conscious there but we didnt have much due to Connie not being a breakfast fan and the champagne mimosa after the flight had really gone to my head, but it was the usual buffet and we both had french toast, bacon, eggs and homefries. It all looked nice and what we had was good.

We had lunch at Epcot in the Land Pavilions Sunshine Seasons. I wanted to get something with a bit of spice so I had Spicy Cashew Chicken and noodles. I liked this but the chillis were quite woody and so I ended up picking them out.

Connie had the Mongolian Beef from the kids picks menu now normally the childrens meals come with 2 sides but here they only come with 1 according to the CM, I felt her meal was lacking substance really the side she chose was apple sauce. Connie tucked in at first and said the beef was nice but then she insisted on having some of my noodles despite the warning that they were spicy then she refused to eat anymore beef because it was too spicy too I tried it and it was mildly spiced but she can handle hotter, I think the noodles had affected her taste buds. She really didnt like the apple sauce either so not a successful meal for her.

We shared my strawberry shortcake, sponge layers with fresh sliced strawberries and cream this was nice but Connie only liked the strawberries.

Connie was still hungry so she had the first Mickey Cookies and Cream Sandwich of the holiday, we love these, best quick icecream on property in my opinion and at only 280 calories (and not the 1200 that someone had posted on here) I think a good deal, I was still slightly in diet mode at this point by the way!

We had dinner at French quarter again this evening just for convenience.

I had Pot Roast with mashed potato, sweetcorn and cornbread and gravy. Depite the not flattering picture due to the meat looking a bit grey, this was really good the meat was really tender and the potato creamy. I tried the cornbread which I normally like but as there was no real butter for it it was very dry and so I left it.

Connie had BBQ ribs with sweetcorn and cornbread this was a massive portion as they gave her 2 lots of ribs which she ate most of but left a tiny bit of meat and some cornbread.

Most times I let Connie choose the dessert that went with my meal on the proviso that she ate her fruit that came with her meal this meant that we got chocolate cake again for dessert. Chocolate cake was moist with a thick layer of chocolate fudge frosting, we shared again.

Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List