View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 12, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Day 10 - Sassagoula, Earl of Sandwich and Cattalina Eddies.

After not eating a proper dinner last night we both woke up hungry and headed straight down to the food court for a big breakfast. Connie had Mickey Waffles with bacon and grapes plus an extra side of sausage, which I had to pay OOP for as since last year sides of sausage and bacon are no longer classed as a snack! I need to point out the stupidity of this, you can get a filet mignon steak with mushrooms and truffle butter retailing at $6.50, as a snack, but you cant have 3 sausages at $2.50, seems a bit ridiculous to me!

Anyway Connie ate all of hers except one waffle which I had with my Western Omelette and homefries. The omelette had ham, onion, peppers and cheese in. Was hot and very tasty I got one that hadnt been sitting under the heat lamps so it hadnt turned all rubbery yet!

Today we had a Dibb meet at the Margarita Bar at DTD and as we were there it would have been very rude not to get a margarita! I had a wildberry one and this time I could taste plenty of alcohol in it and it was poured over lots of ice and was very good.

After the Dibb meet we went to get a very late lunch at Earl of Sandwich. The place was heaving and Connie was moaning and we nearly went elsewhere but I am so, so, so glad we waited it out. Children can order from the normal menu or there is a kids menu but as you have probably realised by now Connie much prefers the adult food so not for her a ham or peanut butter and jelly sandwich oh no she went for the Hawaiin BBQ sandwich. Roasted ham, grilled chicken, Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Aged Swiss cheese and fresh pineapple, she ate quite a bit before she decided it was a bit spicy and that she needed some of mine instead!

Now this is when we met with a problem because my sandwich was in all honesty THE BEST sandwich I have ever eaten in my life, do you hear me? THE BEST SANDWICH! EVER! I had ordered the Holiday Turkey sandwich, oven roasted turkey, hearty stuffing, zesty cranberry sauce, seasoned mayonaise and warm gravy, and I did not want to share, I wanted to guard it protectively until I had scoffed the lot! So begrudgingly (I do love the little rug rat but it came close as to which I loved more at that moment in time, the sandwich or the child ) I said she could have a bite and oh what a relief she didnt like it so danger was averted and I could eat the sandwich crafted in heaven by angels and blessed by the stars! Do you understand the high importance of this sandwich yet? it was quite good!

Here it is in all its delicious glory print this photo, frame it and bow down to it every morning!

One sad thing about this sandwich it's only available from October 1st to January 6th each year. I tried Connies sandwich and that was good too just not on a par with mine!

We also got dessert Connie had the Chocolate Mousse which was almost all cream and a very gloopy mousse not light and fluffy it wasnt that good.

I had the Yogurt and three berry parfait which was lovely and refreshing and felt quite healthy but I doubt it was.

We had dinner at Hollywood Studios after watching Fantasmic so Cattalina Eddies was packed! Connie had the kids cheese pizza with carrot sticks and they also gave her a caesar salad.

I had the chicken caesar salad which was really not good, the lettuce was soggy and the croutons we wet from sitting too long on the lettuce, I still ate it but didnt enjoy it.

I dont really need to tell you what Connie insisted having for dessert.. the one, the only, Chocolate Cake!

Now when we got back to the hotel as I hadnt enjoyed my dinner or had dessert it was time to try Beignets a dish only found at Port Orleans.

These are best described as disappointing and not worth bothering with! Despite being freshly cooked and still piping hot when I ate them they were quite tough to bite and then nothing the main flavour comes from the powdered sugar. Still glad I tried them as they had sounded good but now I know its best to avoid them in future!

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List