Old 7 Jan 13, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Just Me and My Girl - Oct 2012 - Day 7

Day 7 – The medicinal margarita one.

After the late night last night we had another leisurely start to the day, I was awake at 8am and pottered around the room sorting out receipts and writing up my trip notes whilst Connie slept a bit longer. Once she was awake she lay in bed watching TV and eating grapes, very much a lady of leisure!

At this point I will just mention how entertaining I found the adverts over there my particular favourite one was for a medicine called Lyrica, it was the list of side effects that had me, these included (but are not limited to!) personality changes, severe allergic reaction, swelling of mouth, lips, nose, throat, airway blockage and the best one suicidal tendencies. Every type of medicine advertised seemed to have a list as long as your arm of reasons not to purchase it!

Showers and dressing complete, Connie also insisted on having her make-up reapplied, we headed out at 10.45. The bus for Epcot was at the stop and so we got there really quickly.

Once through bag check we stopped for yet more photo pass photos, very determined to get value for money.

First thing to do was get fast passes for Soarin the return time was for 4.55 – 5.55, probably should have tried to get here a little earlier but hey-ho! The standby line was showing 60 minutes so we decided to try out some of the food and wine stalls as the breakfast of grapes was a long time ago!
We tried food from Greece and Canada first all got a thumbs up and I could see that the snack credits on the QSDP was going to be real value for money even more so as it was free!

As we passed through England Mary Poppins was out making sure children were behaving in a proper manner and as there was only 2 people waiting to see her we got in line and said hello. We had a little chat, I used to be a nanny myself so know how difficult it is dealing with flying children and dancing chimney sweeps, I never got the umbrella or carpet bag though!

Our next stop was in France Connie had been desperate to try snails ever since I told her about them so we got a plate and she loved them.

If you want the proper run down and all the pictures don't forget to see the proper food report the link is in the index but it could get boring for those who have read it if I go into detail here. Now it was time for some dessert so we went to the boulangerie patisserie in France.

We managed to bag a nice seat with a table in the courtyard outside it was very pleasant until my stomach decided that I needed a bathroom break and I needed one fast! I think it was all the fatty food that after all the dieting I had done my body suddenly objected to! I asked a CM where the nearest bathroom was and if she was to be beleived it was in Morocco but it seemed a very long way but then it could have been one of those quiant jokes the french like to have with us english! Doing a funny little walk run we hot footed over there and luckily there was no queue!

I made myself drink a whole bottle of water and then we took a slow walk back towards Future World stopping to say hello to Alice along the way.

We went into Innoventions and went in the Storm-struck attraction, after managing to get our house blown away (its more fun that way) we played Connies favourite Piggy Bank Adventure and then had a go at Firesafe, this was quite good fun albeit with a serious note but it was amusing watching all the children get terrified out of their minds and having to crawl out of a supposedly burning building with the CM shouting fire, fire, fire at them, at one point Connie looked at me and said is there actually a real fire Mummy? But she does now know that in the event of a fire she has to drop and crawl to the nearest exit!

Thirsty we paid a return visit to Club Cool and the aim was to try every flavour, Connie still drank the Beverley! And the final decision was that her favourite was the Japanese one and mine was from China.

Sloshing a little we joined the fast moving line for Spaceship Earth where I in the future we will look like this!

We wandered back again towards World Showcase where I planned we would get a very late lunch on the way we said hello to Duffy Bear, he gets a lot of stick but we rather like him and he looked especially fetching in his Halloween outfit.

It was at this point that Connie once again started to get really stroppy, one of the little gems that came out of her mouth was “we only do things you want to do, we don't do anything I want” well as you can imagine words were exchanged and then to prove her right I ditched the idea of getting her lunch right away and went and got myself a frozen margarita (medicinal to get me through the strop) and then made her sit and watch whilst I drank it at a really leisurely pace! There was NOT enough alcohol in it!

I think the point was got across to her and eventually she calmed down and returned to being my lovely girl again and so we got her something to eat!

We got her a Duffy bear to colour in and went to the kid stops at China, Norway and Mexico. We also tried on the hats in Mexico as these were the only ones that would go over her hair!

By now our fast pass time was approaching so we started the walk over to the land at which point big black clouds came over and it was suddenly poncho weather!

Luckily I was carrying ours and so suitably smug and dry we bypassed the crowds that were streaming towards shops and doorways and made good time to the land. Still a bit early we had a bathroom break and then I saw a pressed penny machine, with a few minutes to kill I let Connie get 3, another great value for money souvenir now these are something I think we will actively collect!

We rode Soarin in the middle row and this year we both loved it, last year Connie didn't like the part at the end where it looks like you are flying into the fireworks, but this year she was fine and it got the big thumbs up. Whilst we were there we had a quick ride on Living with the land and then we mutually agreed to call time for today. Connie had made a special request to ride the monorail at least once in the holiday and as we never do anything she wants we took a ride from Epcot over to Magic Kingdom changing at ticket and transportation.

It was a Mickeys Not so Scary Halloween Party night and it was very exciting looking at everyone arriving in there costumes.

Once at MK we had to wait 25 minutes for the bus back to POFQ I think this was our longest wait of the holiday but we were well entertained with all the fancy costumes so it wasn't too bad. We got back to the hotel at 7.45pm and after checking with concierge how long it would take by cab to downtown Disney in the morning we went and got a hearty dinner in the food court. Once back in the room Connie had a bath and hair wash, the glitter and hair-gel was no where near as difficult to get out as last year but it still went everywhere, I bet mousekeeping hates getting rid of glitter from around the bathtub! Connie was in bed by 9pm just as Epcot fireworks started and by sticking my head out of the door I was just able to get a peek at the really big ones over the trees behind the hotel. I wrote up today's notes and then had an early night myself, ah lovely comfy bed, I love you!

The Index is here!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List