Old 4 Jul 14, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Next up, Teaks and my favourite meal of the holiday!
As I said in my highs and lows, this is definitely very much a high for me and I had been studying the menu since we came back from our trip in 2011. I had my heart set on a PB&J Burger - (peanut butter and Jelly) or the real reason, those initials belong to my kids, Poppy, Brandon & Jessica!)

But in 2013 the menu changed and my beloved PB&J disappeared from the online menu. i was gutted!

So I trawled over the menu some more, and decided on a close second (drunken Monk)
Then I thought, it'a America, maybe I should just ask if they caould do me the PB&J anyway... I mulled this over for a good while while I trawled the internet some more (I have a point I promise!)

And I came across Teaks Underground Burger Menu. Basically they keep all the old favourites on a separate menu, periodically they give out a secret code on their facebook page and if you give the right code to your server you get to see/order off the underground menu...

And guess whats on the underground menu...yup the PB&J burger yay! so all is not lost in my quest after all!

So, I'm not quite au fait with twitter but I was determined to get my hands on this burger, so I tweeted Teaks before we left asking for the current code and explaining I was travelling from the UK and I needed an underground burger!

And sure enough they tweeted me back and I was the proud owner of said code (Food next, honestly! )

Teaks is about a 10 minute drive from universal so if you are planning a visit you may want to do it on a day when you are at one of the universal parks.
we caused a bit of a stir because we are clearly not locals (this is very much a local restaurant not frequented very often by masses of tourists. Staff were very interested in our accents and trying to guess where we are from!

We were given the normal menu, and what did I see...the PB&J burger! What...you mean I didn't even need the code...its right there on the normal menu (It doesn't show on the online menu though even now) But I wasn't going to come all this way and not get to see the underground menu, our server was most impressed that I had got hold of the code!
And to make me feel better Chris got a burger of the underground menu so all my hard work didn't go to waste ha!

Here it is, my long awaited PB&J Burger with a side of onion rings
It was a delight! I don't have a massive sweet tooth and I wondered how it would work but it does, it was just fabulous! and those onnion rings, they were massive and very crispy. They were accompanied by a tangy dip - I loved it all but couldn't finish it!

Chris had a Nacho Burger on a pretzel bun with a side of cheesy fries, and struggled like I did to finish it

He too loved this place, as did the kids, Jess had a kids Burger, which was huge for a kids meal!

Brandon desperately wanted a burger off the adult menu but he is so fussy with so much food and all these burgers, sandwiches have an array of toppings and sauces. But with the servers help we figured out which was the best burger he could have as plain as possible!
so he ended up with a chicken sandwich with cheese on it!

Poppy had pasta with Marinara Sauce which was huuuggeee! she loved it but there was too much so we ended up taking it home

The staff were keen for us to try a dessert but we just couldn't! The kids hoever had a make your own ice cream each, they should have one to share, but being brother and sister that wasn't going to happen so we needlessly ordered 2, knowing the amount that would be wasted!

We all had a number of (soft) drinks too

The manager came out to chat to us and was interested to know where we had heard about the restaurant as it isn't in a traditional touristy place, I mentioned the Dibb!

We were really looked after here, staff were friendly and attentive and we left feeling like we'd had a fabulous experience. The bill came to $83 without a tip (I left a decent one as it was well deserved)
It was well worth it for a family of 5 given the size and quality of the food! I debated over whether to post the underground menu but then that takes the fun out of you discovering whats on it for yourselves if you should wish to, but just to prove it does exist, here's the front of it

This was a success for all of my family and I am so glad we made it here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.22.31.jpg
Views:	2675
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	55687   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 18.15.54.jpg
Views:	2664
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	55688   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.53.44.jpg
Views:	2658
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	55689   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.54.53.jpg
Views:	2665
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	55690   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.55.09.jpg
Views:	2671
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	55691  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.51.06.jpg
Views:	2670
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	55692   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-18 17.55.03.jpg
Views:	2673
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	55696  

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 12:20 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List