View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cheshirecat
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheshirecat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Unfortunately, all airlines can and do make changes like these. JUst the other week I found out my airline (bmi) wasn't even doing the route I had booked anymore! My parents are going with a different airline (AA) and due to a schedule change they now have a 5 hour stop in Chicago (with my 14 month old niece, lovely!). So using TCD next year won't necessarily stop a problem like this happening. They make schedule changes too. My parents have had schedule changes practically evey year they go with various airlines.

Have you tried looking at the seat map for your new flights? There may still be some available. I booked mine last week and there was quite a varied selection available with 15 week until departure date. As you said yourself, seat requests are just that: requests. They are not guaranteed. You could have had your seats booked for 11 months, then the day before you go, the aircraft goes tech and they are forced to use a different one with a different seating configuration.

Unless you are booked in PE, I wouldn't worry over that. Virgin will have a commercial policy in place to cover that.

I know it is highly inconvenient for you, but a change 75 mins isn't too bad. I've seen flight changes in my job of 10 hours or more!

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic, but the actual flight is only 9 hours of a week/2 week/3 week holiday. Don't let it bother you too much. This come from a person who was tearing her hair out 10 days ago because of bmi! But I didn't want to accept their alternative so that's partly my own fault.

AS for them not getting back to you via email: that isn't good service. And emailing them again obviously isn't working. I would call them instead, though it can take a while to get through.

Don't ler it ruin the excitement of your holiday!

"The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Avios/British Airways’ positions, strategies or opinions"
Cheshirecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List