Thread: unpaid toll?
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Exclamation unpaid toll?

We went to Texas in May, flying into Houston - 2 nights - then onto San Antonio and Austin. We were very wary of the unmanned toll roads round Houston and thought we had avoided them! However we have just had a toll violation letter from Dollar saying that they had received a toll charge that had occurred during our rental.

I have had a look on a map and I cannot say for definate that we were not on the road, but we did pay a toll 10 minutes after on another road not too far away and I kept the receipt! I am thinking of emailing them with a copy of the receipt and see what they say!

I find it a bit odd though that the letter is on Dollar rent a car paper (although it is a black and white logo) and they are asking to send the money to Dollar rentacar Lockbox 2190 Tulsa by filling out card details on the bottom of the letter! I thought that if we had received a toll charge violation, Dollar would have automatically took it off the credit card that we used as guarantee?

Anyone any ideas how we should proceed?

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List