View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

QSDP basically gives you meals that are all counter service - you go up, order, take your food away on a tray (a bit like McDonalds). We had it last year and really enjoyed it, but you do need to do your research to find the good palces to eat to make sure you're not eating burgers and pizza for the whole holiday (unless you want to!). You don't have to book in advance and there are no tips to pay.
DDP gives you 1 counter service meal and 1 table service meal per day. So the counter service one works exactly rhe same as the QSDP. The table service one is waiter/waiterss service in a proper restaurant. The food is much better and much more varied. You can also use TS credits for character meals and shows - so worth taking into account if you're planning any of these. You do have to tip (18-20% of what the food would have cost if you were playing), so need to factor that in to your budget. You also need to book in advance, especially for popular restaurants, character meals etc. You can book from 6 months before the date you want to eat! If you do this, it does involve a fair bit of planning. A lot of people don't like how restricted this can make them feel. You can also just see what's available on the day, but may not be able to get into your preferred resatuarant or have to wait a while.
Like I said, we enjoyed the QSDP for our first trip, but want to try DDP for our 2nd one as I saw a lot restaurants that I would like to try

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List