Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Sep 14, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

The Smiffs Go West - Day 12 - Park Hopping

Day 12- Park Hopping

The index is here

Today was planned as a revisit day. We made had a list over dinner last night of all the things we hadn’t yet done and everything we wanted to do again. The list was quite long and we decided that we’d do Disneyland first! I have to fess up and admit that I’ve accidentally deleted the list we made and I have very little recollection of what we actually did! I’ll go by the food receipts and the photos…

Everyone struggled to get out of bed – DS insisted that technically he WAS out of bed at this point!

I think we were at the park for rope drop at 8am and rode Space Mountain first.

We then moved on to the bobsleds where I sat out as I couldn’t cope with the bone shaking today. Peter pan was already 45 minutes so I was destined not to ride this here. Alice was only 5 minutes so we rode that and then on to Autopia which both kids loved as usual.

My memory is a little sketchy, but I think we rode it’s a small world and wandered through toontown to Frontierland.

We did the castle walkthrough which I thought was fab. The WDW castle is a bit of a disappointment when you realise you can’t see any of the inside without a restaurant booking. We rode Big Thunder again, DH bought a dole whip and we all headed out of the park via the monorail.

Next was a sneaky visit to the Earl of Sandwich. Their brownie sandwiches are a favourite with all of us and they often sell out of the vanilla ones by lunch time. We purchased 4 for later and moved on into Disneyland.

Our first stop was breakfast at the Cozy Cone. I had read about the scrambled egg cones on the Disney Food Blog and they were quite nice. I do think that we were a bit late and the egg had probably sat there since 8am. I’m sure it would have been better when fresh.

I’m really not sure exactly what order we did things in but we definitely rode RSR and Cali Screaming again.

TSM was still 45 mins so we skipped and we rode the Mickey Carousel. This is still one of the best rides!

We stopped for lunch at the Pacific Wharf – I had broccoli and cheese soup, DS had tomato soup and DH had clam chowder. I think DD had yet another chocolate croissant and just tasted a bit of everyone elses. She really liked the chowder so we promised we’d come back for dinner. We found a lovely spot to sit round the side of the restaurant right by the lake. It was really peaceful there, and we sat and fed the ducks for a little while.

My little tip for this restaurant is that you don't have to have the soup in a bread roll. You can just have a plastic cup of soup & I think the portion of soup is acually bigger! I wish I'd known this as I don't really eat bread.

We rode Grizzly River run with an American family who were great sports and screamed a lot! I seemed to escape most of the soaking – others were not so lucky.

Then we headed back to the hotel pool for a well deserved swim. I did a bit of packing and we just pottered around for a few hours.

Later that evening we went back into DCA to see Carsland at night. Unfortunately we missed the switch on but the lights are awesome.

We spent a while just taking photos and soaking up the atmosphere, before having dinner.

We met a really mad photopass photographer who took loads of really bad photos on our camera while trying to get us to do some strange poses. There were a couple of good ones thankfully.

DS had potato bake from Flo’s V7 diner & we carried that to the Pacific Wharf Café where DD had a clam chowder in a bread bowl. We sat in our favourite spot again, right by the waters edge, and watched the crowds building for WOC. DH and I left the teens there while we picked up some Mexican food for us. I had another burrito & DH had ½ a chicken. Both were great but we couldn’t finish the whole portion.

We then went to see if we could ride RSR as single riders but the line was quite big so we came back out.

The next choice was ToT but that was 40 minutes so we just decided to call it a night. Not before popping into the Ghirardelli ship for some sundaes though (and the obligatory free sample too). This is a crissy field - its supplosed to have cookie crumbes on it. DS's crumbles were the side of walnuts - not that he was complaining

Tomorrow - the road trip continues...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04240.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	57494   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04216.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	57495   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04207.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	57496   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140824-00617.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	57497   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04221.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	57498  

Name:	DSC04224.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	57499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04238.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	57500   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04241.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	57501   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04253.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	57502   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04248.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	57503  

Name:	DSC04250.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	57504   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04255.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	57505   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04257.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	57506   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04272.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	57507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1438.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	57508  

Name:	IMG-20140824-00619.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	57509  

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 14, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab pictures! I love love love your dress! Where's it from? (Apologies if you've mentioned buying it as I need to start your report from the start!)x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 14, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

I bought it last year in the World of Disney at WDW. It's one of my favourite dresses
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 14, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I was determined to ride Peter Pan last year and I was a bit disappointed. It is very bumpy and juddery. Nice to say I've ridden it at all 3 parks but if we go again it won't be high on my list. Lovely cones and your ds dessert - yumm
Old 19 Apr 15, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nubbedy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

From your reports it does sound so easy to move between parks, much like Disneyland Paris I would think. Love your dress too.