juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally a Ford! Our Disney Wedding & NYC Trip August 2014 - Day 6 - Seaworld

Index

I seemed to have got into a routine now with my sleeping so was awake at 6.00am again. I laid in bed for a while and wrote a few notes in my diary before everyone else woke. A little later Scott was awake and he went for a walk down to the shop in the hotel to grab a coffee, by the time he'd come back the kids were awake. We set about having our breakfast, getting washed, applying all our lotions and general getting ready, we were sat in our new rental car at a very reasonable time, 8.45

We made the short journey down to SeaWorld in no time with the aid of our new Satnav (not that we needed it). It was lovely and sunny as we entered the park and was still fairly quiet, just how we like it

Our first point of call was the penguin ride Antarctica, this was the top of the kids to do list seeing as though we weren't able to ride it the other day. We dashed over and was happy to see no queue but found out the ride wasn't yet operational. We asked if they knew how long it would be, but they couldn't be sure when it would be up and running. They said we could walk straight through to have a look at the penguins so that's what we did. We watched the short film beforehand and then was led into the penguin enclosure.

The first thing you notice as you walk in is how cold it is. I don't know why this came as such a shock to me but it did lol. It was lovely seeing the penguins up close.

We came back out into the hot sunshine, what a sharp contrast We had a look around the shop and Poppy bought a penguin to add to her collection of cuddly toys .

We thought It would be best to do the other big rides before it got to busy so we walked over to Atlantis but again it wasn't working , I asked Hayden if he wanted to ride Kraken, he said yes initially but as we went over he changed his mind and said he didn't want to it. I wasn't going to push him to ride it and as we walked back we could see that people were entering the queue for Atlantis so we all joined them. Poppy was a little apprehensive but fine when we moved down the line. We walked straight on, this was a first for Scott too as well as Poppy. Everything was great until we got to the drop, Poppy didn't like it bless her. Thought it would be best to go on a more sedate ride or watch a show, we ended up going on the Sky Tower. I'd always wondered what the views were like from up there, they were ok but there was some kind of mesh covering on the windows which sent me a bit boz eyed! still enjoyed the ride

While we were in the area we thought we'd wait for the next Clyde and Seamore pirate show, we picked up some Shamu pretzels and filled up our cup whilst we waited for the show to begin.

We all enjoyed watching the show, the mime artist is so funny

Jamie wanted to have a look at the sharks so our next stop was Shark Encounter.

We think that the tunnel which to go through to view the sharks is amazing. You really feel like your in the middle of the sea with the sharks! They all look so big! Jamie finds this whole area so fascinating, we'd stay in here for ages if it was up to him

It was nearly time for the Shamu show so this was as good enough excuse for us to move on.

We managed to find a good spot to sit in the shade , we didn't have to wait long for the show to start.

Continued below...

Edited at 07:44 AM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from above...

We really enjoyed the new show

We left the stadium then realised it was lunch time now, so our tummy's were telling us. Quick look and we saw noticed a eatery called Mango Joe's, the menu looked great for us and the queue was not too long either. We found a lovely table outside and enjoyed our lunch sitting in the shade.

We could see the Wild Artic ride from where we were sitting and there was only a 5 minute wait time so that's where we went next after lunch. We always go on the non simulator ride, one day we'll try the actual ride.

As we entered we could see a beautiful beluga swimming round but the polar bear wasn't there. Walking further round saw the walrus and we went on the various interactive exhibits.

Jamie and Hayden seeing how long they could hold their breath for!

Poppy wanted to have a play so our next stop was Shamu's Happy Harbour. They're is loads of fun stuff to do in here to keep kids entertained for a while

Hayden was reluctant to go on some of the rides, they're a bit tame for him but Jamie badgered him to go on some! He did really enjoy Shamu's Express but Poppy wouldn't go on the rollercoaster even though it's quite small.

It was a really hot afternoon and we were starting to feel tired and a bit grouchy with it. Had an ice cream to cool down and decided we'd watch one more show and then leave.

As we were walking back through the park we noticed these amazing sculptures which are made from rubbish that's been washed up onto the shores.

We got a bit lost as we tried to find the Pets Ahoy show, we ended up asking some one in the end as we walked round in circles a couple of times! Once inside it was lovely to sit down and rest our feet in a cool air conditioned auditorium. The show was so cute and funny, we’ve never seen the show before and I didn't realise that they were all rescue animals. They were just so good and very entertaining, a show for all ages. We were so glad that we’d come to watch it as the kids thought it was fantastic . We had one last look at Antarctica and whilst the ride was working the queue was over a hour, alas this ride was just not meant to be.

Left the park at 5.30 and with the aid of the Sat nav we were able to have our first ever visit to a Walmart. We needed some hair clippers for Scott so that I could cut his hair again before the wedding and we reckoned this would be the best place to purchase a cheap pair. I forget which one we went to but it was very close to International Drive. Really impressed with the choice there, we didn't have a proper look round as the kids don't do shopping so we basically stuck with what we needed. Wanted some snacks for LEGOLAND so bought loads of fruit and muffins, also ended up buying our tea from there as the kids had seen some cooked chicken they wanted! Found some hair clippers for Scott and I managed to sneak a few bottles of nail varnishes into the trolley along with some small bottles of wine and more beers too . Once back in our hotel room we had our Walmart tea, some chicken pieces, different salads with some garlic bread, it was delicious, then we went down to the pool for a swim. Had a lovely hour down there messing around in the water, it was a fab way to end a great day

Poppy with her new best friend

Day 7- legoland

Edited at 02:28 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

ah Julia what a great day! We havent seem the clyde and seamore pirate show or the Pets Ahoy show cant wait for either of them!
You have some gorgeous pics of Shamu there! Shame you couldnt get on the ride but at least you had a good day weather looked roasting!

Those chicken nuggets are huge arent they lol! xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another great day. As much as i don't want to, I think we're giving SeaWorld a miss next year to save some money and do more disney.

I wonder if the mesh thing on the sky tower is new as I'm sure it wasn't there last year.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another great day ... We thought the Pets Ahoy show was brilliant too

Keep the days coming.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Brilliant day Julia. You must have been one of the last to see the Clyde & Seamore show as it had shut by the time we got there

The pool looks fab

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love your car, it's a gorgeous colour.

The boys have been such stars, they seem to patient and not at all fussed about 'playing' in the areas of the parks more focused on Poppy's age.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
ah Julia what a great day! We havent seem the clyde and seamore pirate show or the Pets Ahoy show cant wait for either of them!
You have some gorgeous pics of Shamu there! Shame you couldnt get on the ride but at least you had a good day weather looked roasting!

Those chicken nuggets are huge arent they lol! xx
It appears the Clyde and seamore show has finished Kaylie, I didn't realise it was finishing.

Yes it was red hot that day, it was great to get in that cool pool later xx

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Another great day. As much as i don't want to, I think we're giving SeaWorld a miss next year to save some money and do more disney.

I wonder if the mesh thing on the sky tower is new as I'm sure it wasn't there last year.
If we go back to Orlando we will probably give SeaWorld a miss, not that we don't enjoy it but the tickets for the parks are so expensive.

I wonder too about the mesh, I'm sure I saw someone's photo's on a trip report and they looked really clear

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another great day ... We thought the Pets Ahoy show was brilliant too

Keep the days coming.

Sharon
Never heard of the show before but it was so fab

Thanks for reading Sharon
Old 13 Oct 14, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Brilliant day Julia. You must have been one of the last to see the Clyde & Seamore show as it had shut by the time we got there

The pool looks fab
Didn't even realise that the show was ending Vanessa, what a shame you didn't see it.

The pool was great fun, just what the kids needed at the end of the day

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Love your car, it's a gorgeous colour.

The boys have been such stars, they seem to patient and not at all fussed about 'playing' in the areas of the parks more focused on Poppy's age.
We had no problem finding the car Colette, the colour made it stand out that bit more.

The boy's were star's, they just got on with it
Old 19 Oct 14, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Another good day and you are certainly enjoying some nice weather

Pets Ahoy is certainly a hidden gem, and it's lovely to be in the cool in the afternoon