Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When Maddie met the mouse - October 2014 - Day 2

Maddie woke at about 4am but we played the "we're still asleep game " and she nodded back off until about 7 which was perfect as we had an early start and a date with Regina Hyman for our family photo session!

We had a fab time, we had our wedding reception in the Grand Floridian 2 years ago so to have photos done in some of the same spots but this time with our daughter was lovely and Regina was just fab! Can't wait to get these photos back!

Once we were done we got the monorail into the Magic Kingdom, it was so hot already but we headed straight for Space mountain where we had a fastpass to meet the others. Mum waited with Maddie while we rode then they headed off to ride the mountains while we stayed in fantasyland. Maddie was ready for a nap so while she slept we went into Pinocchios village haus for some lunch and air con for maddie!

Once she was ready we went and rode Winnie the Pooh which she loved, was so pleased her first ride experience was a good one! We were going to wait to meet winnie the pooh too but the queue was directly in the sun and 30 minutes and we had an ADR at Crystal palace later on in the holiday anyway so gave it a miss.

Our fastpass time was up for Under the Sea - I loved this! The little mermaid is one of my fave films and I think they've done this really well, maddie again loved this one, especially the under the sea bit, so colourful and lots of music so she was mesmerised!

It was now about 12.30 so time to head to Main St for something I'd been so excited about - Maddies first ever haircut in the Harmony Street Barber Shop

We didnt have to wait long then we were shown to our seat, the lady was so nice and covered maddie in stickers and gave my mum a spinning minnie to hold in front of her which had her attention from start to finish! Maddie was so good, no tears which I didnt think there would be, with her hair shes used to having it washed blow dried and played with daily so no big deal for her. She trimmed it up nicely for me and gave her a little inverted bob - so cute! Once the trim was done she put it in bunches which I'd never done before but they looked so adorable so this was repeated later in the holiday too! For $14, you get the cut, a certificate, the lock of hair and the special ears hat too - so worth it! Priceless memories for me as a mummy.

We decided enough was enough - it was so hot and we'd had a lovely first morning so decided to quit while we were ahead and head back to the hotel for a swim. Maddie is a natural water baby, she was born in water and we started swimming lessons when she was 5 weeks old so she was so excited to get in the pool and have a splash about

Dinner tonight was at Planet Hollywood, I was a bit reserved about this place but actually it was good, beyond loud but didnt seem to bother sleeping Maddie and the food was actually really good - I'd definitely go there again. We had the best dessert ever! Yum!

Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks like a great start to your holiday! Maddie is very cute :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

What a great first day, so cute about M getting her first haircut at Disney!

Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

Gorgeous - just gorgeous.
Old 8 Nov 14, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow what great pictures, Maddie is just beautiful x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Corky
Excited about Disney

What lovely photos
Corky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Great day! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 14, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Looks like a great start to your holiday! Maddie is very cute :-)
The best start! Thankyou

Originally Posted by seriliza View Post
What a great first day, so cute about M getting her first haircut at Disney!

Xx
How many kids get to say that eh! Def one for the baby book

Originally Posted by Teacherdork View Post
Gorgeous - just gorgeous.
Thankyou

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Wow what great pictures, Maddie is just beautiful x
Thankyou

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Lovely day.

Originally Posted by Corky View Post
What lovely photos

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great day! Pussycat
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 14, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jcourt39
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fab start. Beautiful photos! And those first haircut pics...priceless.
Rachael x x x
jcourt39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List