Old 12 Nov 14, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally a Ford! Our Disney Wedding & NYC Trip August 2014 - Day 10 -Magic Kingdom,Be Our Guest,Sanaa

Index

At last it was time for Disney

I woke up early this morning to a runny nose and a sore throat, why is it that you always get a cold while on holiday! To top it off I'd got bitten, ended up with about 25 bites, luckily most of them were confined to my legs so at least my wedding dress would cover the lumps and red marks up! I always take antihistamine tablets away with me just in case so I took one straight away and put some cream on to help with the swelling. We were all up and ready and had some breakfast in no time, we left our hotel at 7.45. We'd really enjoyed our stay at the Rosen Inn and I'm sure we'll return here again if we need a hotel on International Drive.

It was so exciting to see both the Disney sign and then the entrance to Port Orleans Riverside, it was good to be home

We parked up and made our way through to check in, we didn't have to wait long to be served. The CM was lovely and very helpful, we knew our room wouldn't be ready but we just wanted to leave our bags and also for us to be able to use our Magic bands. Scott had got all our bags out of the car and took the over to Bell services and they explained that they'd bring the bags to our room once we got back from the park. We received our Magic bands, we were so chuffed to get them

Whilst we didn't know our room number but the CM did inform us that we were located in one of the preferred blocks, how lovely of them as we'd only paid for a standard room. We all put our magic bands on and then made our way over to the Magic Kingdom

It was such a beautiful sunny day, life doesn't get much better than this. We parked up in the heroes section in samba 21 then rode the tram to the TTC. The kids had decided that they wanted to get the monorail across to the park entrance

How cool was it to use our Magic bands, it took us a while to realise that when you scanned your band your name appeared! It was always lovely when a CM welcomed you by name. Our first stop was at city hall, Hayden is Autistic so we were going to enquire about the new disability card. They explained about the new card to us and how to use as it was different to the previous Guest Assistance Card. It's good to know that if days get too stressful for Hayden we have another option as back up instead of just having to leave the parks. We had got all our fast passes booked so we knew this would help us immensely but having the card reassured us even more. It was then time to have our first photo's took on main street

We stopped off and bought a couple of autograph books and then went on to use our first snack credit of our holiday, a coffee from the new Starbucks.

We carried on walking just soaking up the atmosphere of Main street and enjoying the feeling of being in the Magic Kingdom.

It was decided that the classic It's a Small World but would our first ride, more Poppy's decision than the boys. You've got to love this ride, it gets me singing all the time

Next choice by Poppy was Peter Pan, we were lucky that the queue was quite small for both of them so it seemed the right choice to ride them whilst they were quiet. It was then time for our first fast pass which was for Splash mountain. It was lovely to see this new area with the Rapunzel touches, shame it's only a rest room area!

Poppy exclaimed straight away 'I don't want to go on', we knew she'd be a bit apprehensive but she would have it so Scott took the boys over whilst Poppy and me waited for them on the bridge. We noticed that the ride wasn't working, we could see people getting took off the ride and sure enough Scott came back over, the ride had broken down. They said that it was working later they would honour our fast passes. We then walked through to the Pirates of the Caribbean, again Poppy started with 'I don't want to ride it' but Scott wasn't having it this time and told her she was going on, she's been on it loads of times before! The queue was about 1/2 hour so not too bad. Sure enough Poppy enjoyed herself on the ride, think she must've confused it with some other one?

Our fast pass time for Be our Guest was fast approaching so after a quick look round the shop we had a slow walk back over to the new Fantasy land. It was all under construction when we last visited in 2012 so we were all eager to see what this new area looked like. We really loved what we saw

We checked in at the podium and then was told to go straight into the castle. I was so excited as Beauty and the Beast is my all time favourite film and I really couldn't wait to go inside. Even though I read lots of people's lovely trip reports, if any of them included BOG I would kind of miss that bit out as I wanted it to be all new to me went we went.

We'd already ordered our food when I made the reservation so we were told to walk through and find an empty table. We couldn't see any in the Ballroom and because we weren't familiar with the restaurant we carried on and walked into a very dark room which we later found out was the West Wing. We saw a big table spare so we quickly claimed it! It was lovely in here we were sat next to the fire and we could see the rose, it felt so authentic as if we were really in the beast's castle. We were told where to get our drinks from and then we had a little look round.

We heard a crash of thunder and saw a flash of lightning while we were sat waiting, then the CM told us to have a look up at the pictures on the wall where we saw this happen. How cool!

We really impressed at how quickly the food came out and I just loved those trolley's that they used Everything was really delicious with good portion sizes too.

I had the braised pork which was soooo good

Hayden had the turkey sandwich which he really enjoyed.

Scott had the Beef sandwich which again was good.

Poppy had the slow cooked pork with fries and a cookie, she wasn't keen on the pork so Jamie ate it along with his own

Jamie had green beans with his meal so didn't get a dessert but we all shared the yummy cupcakes.

Continued below…

Edited at 08:02 AM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 14, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from above...

We left the West room feeling pleasantly full, the food had been better than we were expecting for a quick service meal. We had a look round the other rooms firstly the Ballroom, I couldn't believe how realistic the snow looked and the ceiling's and chandeliers were absolutely stunning!

We had a look in the Rose room which was a lot quieter than the other two, we loved looking at all the paintings.

We came back out into the glorious sunshine ready for our next fast pass. The restaurant was fantastic, I know I'm a big fan of Beauty and the Beast so would say so but even our boys were really impressed and asked when we would be next visiting! We continued our way through fantasy land to the Ariel ride, we knew we'd have no issue getting Poppy onto this attraction!

We just scanned our magic bands and we were straight onto the ride, how fab was that. It was a lovely ride through which Poppy thoroughly enjoyed, another one where we found ourselves singing along, love it

Our next fast pass for was the eagerly anticipated Seven Dwarf's mine train, this was the one that the kids were most keen to ride, even Poppy! It didn't disappoint us at all, the fact that Poppy loved this ride made it for me. I've read various reviews of this ride but for us it was about enjoying the ride together which we did immensely and I think this is where Disney excels itself.

We stopped off for a drink in Gaston's tavern as we walked through, another great place which looked every bit authentic and added to the whole new Fantasy Land

Jamie kept going on about how he'd not had an actual dessert (even though he'd had most of my cupcake) so asked if he could get an ice cream or something. We popped over to Storybooks treats where the boys shared some kind of chocolate brownie sundae, Scott took Poppy on the Regal Carrousel for a ride whilst they demolished the yummy dessert!

The waiting time for philharmagic was only 5 mins so we decided to watch this show next. It never fails to deliver in the laughter area, a great family favourite for all Of course you can't visit the shop afterwards without trying some of the fab hats on

As we exited the shop we saw that there was a fastpass+ kiosk next door so we joined the queue and it wasn't long before a cm assisted us and helped to make a further fastpass for us. We opted for Buzz lightyear and there was a time available for 3.30 so we took that one. The time was approaching 3.00 so nearly time for the parade. We made our way over to the main hub area and managed to get a nice spot there. The sky was getting darker and darker, it looked like the heavens were going to open up at any moment! It didn't take long till the parade started, as with all the new rides we'd not watched any of them on youtube or looked at any photo's as we didn't want to spoil the magic of watching the parade for the first time. Must say that we thoroughly enjoyed the new Festival of Fantasy parade and we loved the music! A big thumbs up from us all

We could see the sky getting darker and darker, we kept hoping the rain would stay away for a little bit longer!

Continued below...

Edited at 03:41 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 14, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from above...

Just as Mickey and Minnie went past it started to rain, just a little to start but we knew it would get heavier. We made a quick dash for it over the bridge and headed on over to the people mover to get out of the rain We love this ride and if we could we would've happily sat on it all afternoon

We still had our fast pass for the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger ride, it was still bucketing down but we only had to walk across the path to the ride, we just dodged the massive puddles as we dashed across. Again we were in in no time, the fast pass queue went down really quickly and before we knew it we were blasting away at all the various targets. Another first for us was ride photo's we've never bought them but because we'd purchased the memory maker we received all the ride photo's, what a bonus!

It was time for to leave the park as we had a 5.15 ADR at Sanaa. The rain had started to ease so we didn't end up getting to wet as we made our way back to the car. We parked up in the carpark in Kidani village and arrived just in time for our reservation. We had a little wait so had a look at the animals outside but we didn't have to wait long for our pager to buzz

We had a lovely table, a booth on the back wall it felt really private there. I can't remember what we had to eat and I didn't take any photo's of our main course (sure I had the 2 curry's and rice and Scott the tandoori lamb). We had the Indian bread service with all the 9 accompaniments as the kids wanted it and I know we all enjoyed our meals.

When our server brought our drinks out she also gave us a glass of champagne to celebrate our up and coming wedding, how lovely of them

The dessert were absolutely delicious too, we really enjoyed our meal here and we love to atmosphere of the restaurant. We had another look outside at the animals and there was a ranger who was keen to tell the kids interesting facts about the animals we could see

We left Animal kingdom Lodge and made our way back to Port Orleans Riverside as we wanted to see our new room. We were advised of our room number (1838) and the one request we did make was for an upper floor which we got so we were really happy. The location was lovely and quiet and we were near to a small pool and also quite close to the main food hall, we've stayed in this area before in block 17 and 27 and we've really enjoyed the convenience of everything. The room was lovely, don't know why but it seemed bigger than we remembered! We loved all our towel animals, we had a family of them

We had a couple of bags in the car one of which contained the swimming gear so while I waited for the bags to be delivered Scott did his usual and took the kids down to the pool for a swim. Didn't take long for our cases to be delivered to the room, I tipped the guy and then started with some unpacking, it felt so good to be settling into our new room, it meant now that I could tell our photographer (Regina), make-up services and Cake maker our room number which made me feel that our wedding was that bit nearer. I took my dress out of the travel box and hung it up in a wedding dress covers, oh my word was everything starting to feel so real! We were all showered and finally in bed at 10.15, our first day in Disney had been fab and we couldn't wait for our day in Epcot in the morning

Next day Epcot

Edited at 03:39 PM.
Old 12 Nov 14, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
What a great day and lovely photos again.

It's so nice being back in the disney bubble.xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - Ł168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 14, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a great day! BOG looks amazing I can't wait to see it xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 14, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

A great day. Loving your report and photos
Can't wait for the Wedding x

Jo
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 14, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Great first Disney day, you got lots done and the parade photos are stunning.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
Old 14 Nov 14, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
What a great day and lovely photos again.

It's so nice being back in the disney bubble.xx
Yes Lisa it was lovely to be that bubble again xx

Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
What a great day! BOG looks amazing I can't wait to see it xx
You will love BOG Kaylie, have a great time there xx

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
A great day. Loving your report and photos
Can't wait for the Wedding x

Jo
Thank you so much for reading Jo and for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it, makes me feel like I'm not talking to myself lol xx

Originally Posted by Capt Wilko View Post
Great first Disney day, you got lots done and the parade photos are stunning.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
Thank you for your lovely comments I really appreciate it x
Old 16 Nov 14, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
speedy
Excited about Disney

Lovely Disney day
Old 16 Nov 14, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading your trip report. The photos are fab. Thank you for taking the time to write. Looking forward to your next instalment

Jo x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List