Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jan 15, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Cheeky Monkey,”what about me?” Florida Trip June 2014 Day 9 Wednesday 18th June

DAY 9 WEDNESDAY JUNE 18TH

So today was our Disney day, a visit to the Magic Kingdom, now Grace on our last visit spent most of her time in Disney absolutely terrified...those huge characters just made her so scared. As this was an unexpected trip and only a year since the last one we were still rather unsure about how this was going to go down. We decided not to do any character dining this year and just do the day at the Magic Kingdom and hope being that little bit older it made a difference. We had built it up slowly in conversation over the last week and reassured her that we were not going to do anything she didn't want to do...the day did not start well!

We were up at 6.30 and Grace was still asleep. I wanted to be away by 7.30/7.45 as on my wish list for this trip was to see rope drop as I had never seen it before. We had tea and toast and Grace woke whilst we were scurrying around getting ready. It was announced where we were off to and my goodness proper crying because she didn't want to go to Disney... I don't mean just wining, I mean proper crying, not a great start. Honestly what child cries when they are told they are going to the Magic Kingdom...only ours! We got some breakfast down her and got her dressed and I prepared the cool box with the water and frozen bottles from the freezer and put the dibbers tip of flannels on the top for later
We were in the car at 7.40am and thankfully no door dramas we were parked up at the front of the car park at 8.05am, I was feeling very happy. The sun was shining and we had plenty of time to get our tickets and take the leisurely boat over to the entrance. Grace made a fuss about her visit badge, you see she remembered having a first visit badge the last time, so in my panic to keep her happy asked for another when I got our tickets...I should have got something else I realise now but hey she was happy.

We got on the boat and all did the sun cream ritual, and we were at the gates by 8.30am, we had made rope drop. We got through the turnstiles without any issues and made our way through the crowd to get a good position. Grace was in the buggy and my goodness it was so HOT just standing there in amongst all those people. The announcement then came on and I have to say I could feel the buggy shaking as Grace was trembling...it was loud and she was scared. Mickey arrived and the singing started, it was fantastic and I have to say Grace did relax and she loved it! No crying it was great...rope drop over and countdown completed and we gradually moved over to the shade and in to the park. Goodness I was dripping and I think Grandad was nearly passing out lol. We got in and collected park maps and show timetables, had a restroom break and then started up through Main Street soaking up that marvellous atmosphere...love it!
We wanted to complete a few coin presses and I had researched last night where some machines were and we headed on up past the castle and around to Fantasyland. In we went to Sir Mickeys and the first machine, Grace loved it she enjoyed turning the handle and getting the “prize” at the end After finishing here we went opposite to Castle Couture and found the machine there. The lovely CM behind the counter there swapped some of our coins for the super shiny ones she had in her till, she was lovely. We also saw someone's Mummy dressed up as Elsa, I thought it actually was Elsa until I realised she was queuing up to have her Royal Portrait taken! Whatever takes your fancy I suppose and lets face it here you can do whatever you want

Time to take in some fun and we headed over to the carousel where we got straight on, I love this ride I know it is simple but it makes me feel very happy as I always wanted to go on one as a child but never got the opportunity so this was the first one a few years ago I had ever been on. Grace loved it too and she sat with nanny and then spent the whole time waving to Daddy and Grandad

We had a laugh then around the sword in the stone...you never know it could have come out on our try we got some funny photos though and it kept Daddy and Grandad amused for 5 minutes.

We felt now it was refreshment time so we went back through to Main Street and to the bakery, I wanted one of those cinnamon buns and was very disappointed when I couldn't get one. We ordered coffees, a latte, cappucino and an americano. Grandad wanted to try a cold coffee and came up to tell me what he wanted to try so I ordered him the frappuccino lol. We also had Lemon cake, a raisin cookie (delicious) and Grace had an Olaf cake, which she didn't like!
We were suitably refreshed and decided to make our way round to Tomorrowland for some coin press machines then back round to the castle for the Dream Along with Mickey show. We had a restroom break round the corner first where we saw this sign on the hoarding which fitted my husband perfectly

We found the Buzz Lightyear coin press for another 4 pennies for Graces book which we got in Castle Couture (forgot to tell you that bit sorry! That we got the book I mean) so the book was filling fast and Grace would not let it leave her side she carried it most of the time in the park! We went through the cooling area where the water mist cools you down and then walked up to the Mad Hatters tea cups. Grace really wanted to go on so we went back round to the castle to watch the show and said we would go back to the tea cups after.

I was a little apprehensive about the show, we had watched it last year and Grace did not like the fireworks at the end and she found the evil queen a little too scary, we bigged it up though and do you know she enjoyed it so much more than last time. I even have her on film shouting “dreams come true”... priceless

I loved the show and I didn't love all the umbrellas and ipads in the way! We didn't want to stand too close due to the scary big characters lol and we had a tiny piece of shade, but we paid the price with “things” blocking our view. It was hot again just standing around but a great show. We managed to catch the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party straight after and this was fab as Grace could see all the characters and if she flagged later we could always skip the Festival of Fantasy one later. Grace was smiling and waving at everyone and really getting in to it, it was fantastic to see and how catchy is that song lol.

We felt like we were using our time well an had seen some great stuff so now it was back over to those tea cups. It was decided that Nanny and Grandad would sit this one out so the 3 of us got in the queue. It did take about 10 minutes but we played spot nanny and Grandad as we went up and down and the time soon passed. Grace picked the tea cup, a pink one of course and I had said to Daddy no spinning the wheel as I thought this would send Grace over the edge. Of course he did spin the wheel and she loved it ha ha. It was over oh so quickly but it was another new ride ticked off for our little one which was great.

We continued walking then over to the train station and enjoyed the water spraying just outside, well daddy enjoyed it the most I think. Quick trip to the restrooms and then we got on the train and went round to frontierland. I had wanted to take Grace on the Dumbo ride as she enjoyed it the last time but the wait was way to long so never mind.

We got off the train and strolled around through to Adventureland, I had another thing to tick off my list you see, something I had not had before... a dole whip!
Choices, choices...Grandad had orange, I had the traditional pineapple, Daddy and Grace had vanilla and Nanny had a pineapple and vanilla. Oh my goodness so refreshing, loved it and Grandad who doesn't do ice cream or sweet things at all really loved it too! Another off my list

It was nearly 1pm now and we were all flagging, gone are the days where I spend the whole day from beginning through to watching Wishes in the park, exhausting and definitely not something we can do with Grace but those days will come. On my wish list still is Wishes with my husband, he has never seen it and I can't wait to take him but as we only get day tickets it will have to wait.

We make our way along Main Street going along searching out the coin press machines until we are out of coins. We got quite a few today and it is great we have found something Grace enjoyed doing and can continue on her next trip.

We walked out and over to the boat so we can go back in the leisurely way and slowly watch the castle get smaller and smaller

We do a restroom stop at the TTC and then walk over to the car which is just in the front if you remember. This makes it so much easier when you have a buggy, I always find it tricky to get the little train with the buggy! My surprise, my final hoorah is still in the boot of the car...the frozen water and what should now be freezing cold flannels... I am the angel sent from heaven ha ha, my goodness everyone thought they were amazing, it did feel very hot today and even Grace wiped her face with one which I can tell you NEVER happens ha ha.

So we are in the car and off for some food, we decide on Applebees, though how everyone is going to manage without looking up the menu on an ipad before hand I do not know

We went to Applebees last year when we stayed near the beach and it was a surprise great meal for us so we were looking forward to returning there. We went up near Rolling Oaks and we had not visited this branch before. It was very empty only a couple of other tables, it was around 2.30pm so not unexpected and we were attended to by the lovely Jerry. Daddy was driving so I was very lucky enough to have a couple of Bud's Grandad got Blue Moon from his list and everyone else had a variety of lemondades, mango and strawberry, I think strawberry was the best.

The great starter debate began and a firm favourite was on the list from last year and Grandad was adamant, chicken won ton tacos...delicious and chicken quesadillas. We were even starting to constantly debate the cheese problem, Daddy cannot eat cheese (unless it's on a pizza? ) so we had been avoiding starters with cheese, this is though extremely difficult in the States as you know so we now just ordering what we wanted and Daddy was having a nibble so happy days...he is still alive so it can't be that bad

We really enjoyed the starters and it took us ages to decide on the mains but in the end we did
I can't tell you who had what but I do know what we had. Grace had grilled chicken and chips and I had margarita queso chicken and shrimp. The rest was Artisan grilled chicken ciabatta, chicken fajita rollup and napa chicken and portobellos. We also had a side of garlic bread, I think Nanny had the rollup as she substituted the chips for onion rings. We loved this meal, always have had a great meal here and can't wait to go back again.

So pudding was of course ordered, I don't think Grace would have left otherwise, so she went to sit on Nanny's side of the table and ordered a triple chocolate meltdown!
The bill came to $114.17 and we left our 20% tip and walked back out to the sunshine, it was 3.30pm and we drove back round to the villa. We had the crazy idea that as it was early we would leave Grace with Nanny and Grandad and go and do our shopping trip...glutton for punishment after a morning at the park and the early start. It was 4pm and Grace was really tired so I wanted to be back for 7pm to put her to bed.

With that thought we left for the Premium Outlets at Vineland Road, no more driving around the car park either, straight in to the multistorey and in a space! So the round started, Lucky Brand tried a few pairs of jeans and came out with nothing, the same in puma as Daddy was still looking for that tracksuit. Armani, had a sale but there really was nothing good left. Daddy got a lightweight hoodie in Ralph Lauren that he loves so he was really happy. I was really flagging now and my legs were cramping from all the walking today but it was so nice to walk around on our own and not feel rushed at all. I went in to Coach and saw a lovely pair of shoes that I really wanted as they were giving out 50% off vouchers but they didn't have them in my size
We went in to Nike and tried on some trainers for running and my goodness they are sooooo light! We both got a pair, this was after I sat on the bottom of my dress and broke the shoulder strap! Not very happy. We queued to pay and a young girl said she would take our order there with her little machine (like you are in the Apple store) she said it would be quicker...well the little machine didn't work did it and it ended up taking longer than if we had got in the queue...hey ho!

We left after that we were all walked out and we had got a couple of things so we were pleased and I was over the moon with my bright pink light trainers
We stopped off at Publix and got some apple turnovers, Grandads favourite and some sunglasses for Daddy as his £1.50 Primark ones had snapped...this still brings a smile to my face as I write it lol. They were $17.99 and he really likes them and they are still in one piece.
We arrived back at the villa at dead on 7pm and showed everyone what we had got...I then put Grace to bed for 7.30pm. My legs were agony, they were rock hard and my ankles were swollen but I had loved every minute of it. This was the best excuse to sit with my feet up with a glass of wine and nibbles. We were all in bed after our very exhausting but happy day where lots of memories were made.

Thanks for sticking with us and we will see you tomorrow for more shopping and football
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Your poor legs so glad that grace got to enjoy some of MK this time around
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List