Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jan 15, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Cheeky Monkey,”what about me?” Florida Trip June 2014 Day 11 FRIDAY 20th June

DAY 11 FRIDAY JUNE 20TH

An early last proper morning unfortunately awake at 6am, and it had been a tricky night with the little muchkin arriving quite early in the night to join us. The joy of having a big bed is that is doesn't really matter too much in the squishing me to the edge stakes. The only problem with this means I did not put Grace back in her own bed all holiday which does not help when we get home, but anyway enough of this on with the day!

Daddy brought me a lovely cuppa in bed which I love as it feels like a real treat to me so I enjoyed that and then bounced out. Daddy went for a quick run but I did not join him this morning. We wanted to have a quick trip up to Target this morning but it didn't open until 8am! I found this late I suppose I am thinking 24 hour opening so good job I checked online
We would have left Grace with Nanny and Grandad but as we had time we got Grace ready too and left Nanny and Grandad to some packing. We were out the door by 7.42am and walking out of Target by 8.10am empty handed! Lol too much rushing about for nothing really, I wanted to get my friend a Tangle Teezer but they had sold out!
We worked out how much we had spent when we got back to the villa and we were not far out of where we wanted to be so we were happy with that and we had had a great time and got the things we wanted.
We had booked some pool time this morning as it was the last day and it clouded over by 12 so we got showered up.

Grace was supposed to have the dreaded hair wash today but I forgot all about it as Daddy put her in the bath while I was in the shower and then got in with her.

The last meal of choice was Tony Romas. I had a coupon for $5 off and we have never actually been there before which is therefore a bold choice for the last nights meal but to be honest I had heard so many rave reviews on here that we decided to go for it. Yes the ipads were out in force around the pool this morning and everyone had made there choice except me by the time we were in the car

I am not sure exactly what time we left but the I4 was really busy today so we got off at the Vineland outlets junction and followed I-Drive right up from there. It was busy at Seaworld too but that just meant I could have a good old look at all the shops that had popped up all over the place. It had been a while since I had driven this way. We found Tony Romas and went in it was actually 3pm by now so it was nice and quiet and we were lead to a really lovely circular booth in a corner, a little like the one at the Cheesecake Factory and we could see out over the whole restaurant so it was great.

The starter debate had actually taken place by the pool and just confirmed when we got there. I knew the onion loaf was a must so we ordered that along with the kickin shrimp...both fantastic.
I was a lucky girl and had a glass of white wine as Daddy drove, Grandad from his beer list got Sam Adams and Nanny and Daddy had sodas. Grace had a kids meal which I have to say was absolutely brilliant, I think the best kids meal offer of the whole holiday as she had chicken pieces and chips (of course) but the chips came out with no seasoning and especially brilliant no salt! I think that is great and she also had a frozen yoghurt for afterwards for herself (this obviously doesn't include helping nanny with her pudding It was a great, well thought out kids meal and I have to say she ate more of this meal than any other too can't wait to go back.
Anyway back to the adults I had a burger and Daddy had a pulled pork burger. Nanny had a half rack of ribs (would have been rude if no one had had them!) and Grandad had a lunchtime sized fillet medallions with mash and I can tell you now if he could have licked his plate he would have, he loved it. I have put in my notes that the food was fantastic and to be honest will def be on out list for next time. The puddings were ordered in fact it was only one but it was their dessert trio, it consisted of Raspberry brownie royale, southern velvet cake and a strawberry cheesecake,so the 3 chocoholics/ sweet tooths were kept very happy. I had had 2 glasses of wine so I was happy too
The bill came to a very very reasonable $113 after our $5 off so we happily left the 20% tip and left with full and happy tummies.

We went to Walmart on Turkey Lake for our evening stroll on the way back lol as we had some final last purchases we wanted to get and we also wanted to look particularly for a towelling poncho as Grace had become very attached to the one we were borrowing at the villa. We didn't find one but Nanny has since come up trumps with a Disney princess one so we look forward to packing that on our next trip.

We arrived back at the villa and used the key to get in and spent some time finishing the packing off before I put Grace to bed at 7pm. I did online check in and was happy that we got the seat I expected so I knew we would be comfortable (well as comfortable as possible) on the flight home.
We spent the evening reflecting on the lovely holiday we had had and eating all the food left in the cupboard and drinking wine I was happy that I could easily fit all the stuff in the cases and had also written down in the middle of the holiday all the clothes we had worn so I could pack even lighter the next time. I think this is the only way to actually know what you need. I have been coming for so long and still don't get it right so next time it better be perfect

I went to bed at 8.30 and was asleep by 8.45pm as I knew that it was going to be a long day tomorrow
Join us tomorrow for out journey back to the UK...see you soon
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List