Old 13 Feb 15, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally a Ford! Our Disney Wedding & NYC Trip August 2014 - Day 18 - Blizzard Beach & Coral Reef

Index

Today was a rest day, well a rest day as far as we are concerned as we were going to a waterpark. We'd not really stopped over the past couple of weeks so it was lovely to be having a more chilled day

The kids decided amongst themselves that they wanted to go to Blizzard Beach today so after some breakfast we arrived there just after opening time, remembering to fetch some towels up from the main pool before we left. It was quiet at the gates, picked up a life jacket for Poppy as we walked through then managed to find ourselves a couple of sunbeds round the edge of Melt-Away-Bay. Thankfully they were positioned under a palm tree so we had some shade. It was a glorious sunny day with those beautiful blue clear skies We'd already applied our suntan lotions so were all ready for the day ahead.

Walked on over to the chair lift as we wanted to go on Teamboat Springs first.

No queue, how fab was that. This is such a great slide, we love it! I attempted to take a few pics on the way down

We went back round for another go but this time we walked back up to the top. Good bit of exercise for us all. A photo pass photographer was waiting at the end this time round.

Scott asked the boys if they wanted to go on Summit Plummet but they both said no , Instead they wanted to go on Slush Gusher. Now given the choice i would opt for Summit Plummet any day! I was totally traumatised when we went on Slush Gusher it was that bad lol But you know what kids are like, they wouldn't be told

We knew that the queues would only get longer as the day went on so thought it would be best to do this slide now before it got too busy. Poppy and me took up our position at the viewing area at the end of the ride and waited for the boys to come down.

First to appear was Jamie

Quickly followed by Hayden

Jamie and Hayden loved this ride...Scott, not so much haha

I then took the boys over to the purple slopes first to go on downhill double dipper. The wait time said 10 minutes but it was a lot longer than that. First time we've been on this one and whilst we thought it was good it certainly wasn't worth the 40 minute wait. We went back up the slope to go on the tobbagan racers, we didn't have that much of a wait for this one. This was a great slide, first time we had been on. It turned out to be quite fast and I couldn't believe that I actually came second in our race

Scott had took Poppy into the training camp for a play, she'd really enjoyed herself in there making the most of everything

We all met back up a hour later and it was now time for us to have a relax on Cross Country Creek

I could have quite happily spent the whole day bobbin away in here it was so relaxing.

Started to feel a little hungry so we jumped off at the next exit near Lottawatta Lodge. There wasn't too much of a queue for food and thankfully there was lots of vacant tables with shade

Was the usual quick service fare which was all good.

After we'd filled up with had a sit down on the sunbeds for little while, applied some more suntan lotion too. Once our lunch had settled we went back into the water, Hayden and Jamie managed to find a couple of spare rings

Continued below...

Edited at 10:22 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from above...

We spent a lovely hour or so in the pool before getting out and exploring the red slope where the runoff rapids are located. This would be a first for Poppy and she absolutely loved the slide as we all did. Always makes me laugh when you carry those rings up to the top. For some reason I end up doing most of the carrying even with 2 strapping young lads!

Our last hour was spent back in the ski patrol area

Jamie went on the zip wire, it was very popular so he had to wait quite a while. Poppy wasn't sure about going on it though so gave it a miss this time.

We had had such a lovely time, don't think we could've picked a better day to go to a waterpark as it had stayed red hot all day. We had expected an afternoon shower but it never came

On the way out the kids got some slushy type drinks and we popped our towels into the bins. We left at 4.00pm feeling totally chilled from our time in Blizzard Beach.

Back in our room we all showered and changed then we headed on over to Epcot for our evening meal at Coral Reef.

There seemed to be a lot of people waiting around none of which looked particularly happy. Not sure what was happening but we kind of expected to be waiting a while however we were surprised to be called more or less straight away. We were seated in a lovely booth which felt quite private. Our server came over and gave the kids one of those fish cards, they soon set about looking for all the different sea life creatures.

Enjoying those cocktails!

Jamie and Poppy ordered the same meals, fish with rice and green beans.

Hayden had the roasted chicken

I opted for the pork dish

Whilst Scott had the mahi dish

The food was very good and we all cleared our plates. The service was quite slow though, I had to ask for our desserts to be brought out to us as we'd been sitting ages waiting for them.

Poppy had the fruit bowl and Jamie the ice cream.

The Turtle cheesecake which I so enjoyed

Hayden chose another cheesecake

And Scott finished his meal with some kind of mousse

The desserts were delicious too. I had to ask for the bill to be brought over too, I explained that we had a fastpass for Soarin which would be expiring very soon - 8.00. We had been in Coral Reef nearly 2 hours, I thought I'd given us plenty of time when I made the fast pass selections but didn't anticipate being in a restaurant for this long. Never mind our server did promptly sort everything out for us, we did enjoy our time here

Quick walk over to the Land, we arrived at Soarin just in time. We all enjoyed our flight again. Poppy wanted to go on Figment but it was late so wasn't open, we didn't realise that it shut earlier? Poppy was a bit upset but we told her we would come back another time, thankfully she soon cheered up It was nearly 9.00 and we decided to go home, stopping off for one more ride on the way out though on Spaceship earth

As we walked back to the car Illuminations started, we could see some of the fireworks as we drove off. Couldn't believe how early we were home tonight! The day had been so relaxed, just perfect

Tomorrow- Animal Kingdom & Movie night

Edited at 08:28 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Sounds a lovely day Julia.

Handy to read that you took towels from the pool to the water park and then left them - we are staying at POR soon and I was thinking we'd have to take beach towels so that's one less thing for the packing list!

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's great that they have Photo Pass photographers in the water parks, it's not really somewhere you always want to drag your camera around.

Your boys are absolutely fearless, it amazes me.

I have wanted to try that mahi mahi dish at Coral Reef for YEARS but the pork dish looks great too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Brilliant trip report. Your wedding day was lovely. Awaiting the rest of the report. 😃
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
What a lovely day at Blizzard Beach, my favourite water park and Teamboat Springs is a must, just so much fun

In all my years of going, I have never seen a photopass photographer at a water park, so have missed all those lovely photo's

Did you all feel relaxed after your lazy day, early evening?
Old 15 Feb 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Sounds a lovely day Julia.

Handy to read that you took towels from the pool to the water park and then left them - we are staying at POR soon and I was thinking we'd have to take beach towels so that's one less thing for the packing list!

Diane
Hi Diane, glad you've found the info useful, one less thing to worry about!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It's great that they have Photo Pass photographers in the water parks, it's not really somewhere you always want to drag your camera around.

Your boys are absolutely fearless, it amazes me.

I have wanted to try that mahi mahi dish at Coral Reef for YEARS but the pork dish looks great too.
The boys are pretty fearless, hopefully they'll try Summit Plummet next time we go

I tried some of the fish and it was so good Colette, thanks as always for reading
Old 15 Feb 15, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
What a lovely day at Blizzard Beach, my favourite water park and Teamboat Springs is a must, just so much fun

In all my years of going, I have never seen a photopass photographer at a water park, so have missed all those lovely photo's

Did you all feel relaxed after your lazy day, early evening?
Hi, we were so lucky that day and saw about 4 photographers but they can be so hit and miss. hopefully you'll see one on your next visit.

We did feel quite relaxed, could've had a quick nap on the beach that afternoon I felt that relaxed

Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Brilliant trip report. Your wedding day was lovely. Awaiting the rest of the report. 😃
Thanks for reading along
Old 16 Feb 15, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

what a lovely day Julia!
I love the picture of you all by the pool & the ring such a brilliant day weather wise too! Coral Reef looks amazing & you certainly did look like you were enjoying the cocktail!
Great day xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 15, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
speedy
Excited about Disney

Another lovely day.