Old 22 Feb 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally a Ford! Our Disney Wedding & NYC Trip August 2014 - Day 20 - MK, Bibidi Bobibi Boutique, CRT

Index

Had a relaxed start to our morning as we had no plans for Magic Kingdom until midday when our first fast pass was ready. Didn't stop me from waking up at 6.00 am though! I couldn't get back to sleep either no matter how much I tried so I just got on with making notes in my journal in preparation for the trippie I also liked to look through the new photo's on photopass, it was great how they appeared each day.

Originally we had a breakfast booked for Chef Mickey for this morning but just before coming out to Florida I cancelled it. I was so glad that we did, think we were at the stage where we just wanted to eat when we were hungry and not because we had an adr. We love the dining plan but there is so much food. Anyway it also gave us the opportunity to have a breakfast at Port Orleans, just love those bounty platters Scott took his usual walk to get us a couple of coffees first and it was another glorious day, definitely think that the weather had improved loads over the past few days.

Eventually the kids woke up and once washed and clothed we took a lazy stroll down to the food court.

It was still really busy, thought it would have died off slightly but my word it was packed in there. We eventually got served then found a free table. So enjoyed our Mickey waffles and breakfast platters

Afterwards we popped back to our room to collect everything we needed as we were staying in Magic Kingdom all day. Poppy was paying a visit to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique and she was really excited about this (so was I). Poppy had a chose a dress from Sainsbury's just before we came on holiday, she loves Rapunzel and she wanted to be that princess for the day. The good thing about the dress was it didn't have any layers underneath so I was hoping Poppy wouldn't feel hot wearing it. So everything in hand including Poppy's dress we were soon on our way.

Arrived mid morning and parked up in Peter Pan, right at the top of the row...yay

The monorail won the vote again, poor ferry, it appears that I'm the only one who likes to take the ferry across And before we knew it, it was photopass piccie time on main street U.S.A.

You've probably guessed what our first fast pass was for...yes our new favourite family coaster (the only one Poppy will ride) Seven dwarves mine train As we walked over to the new Fantasyland area we stopped off for a few more photo's.

Straight onto the ride again, must admit that the new fast pass system was working really great for us and my initial concerns about the system had soon changed to really positive ones.

Of course Poppy came off the ride with a big smile on her face but that soon changed when I mentioned that we were walking across to go on Big Splash Mountain. I explained that she didn't have to go on, the boys were desperate to ride it though since we couldn't on our last visit (it had broke down). I'd changed our fast pass selection earlier that morning to a ride which I knew Poppy would love, the Little Mermaid ride. So we grabbed a drink and sat in the shade, waiting for the boys to ride down the big drop. Their faces said it all, it was well worth the wait!

We went off to find another snack that was on Jamie's list. It was to be found at the nearby Aloha Isle, yes it was a dole whip. Forgot the exact thing we'd asked think Jamie wanted an orange float I think? And we got a dole whip? Any way the CM said we may as well have them both as they'd made a mistake, so two for the price of one snack credit.

Melting in the heat!

Initially Hayden had said he didn't want a snack, not even an ice cream, but he devoured the orange dole whip and he was converted to this cooling snack.

Continued below…

Edited at 10:28 AM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued...

Poppy's 1.00pm appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was fast approaching saw we made a move on over to the castle, stopping off for a rest room break along the way.

We also made a quick detour into Castle Couture as I wanted Poppy to see the full collection of dresses, and if she wanted she could've picked one. She was more than happy with her Sainsbury's dress bless her but did remark to liking the Rapunzel wands. Told her we'd nip back for one later

Arranged a meeting point with the boys and they went off for a walk round, I knew they wouldn't be interested in all the girly make over stuff. When we arrived at the entrance to BBB it was so busy round there, lots of people were making enquiries and asking if they could get an appointment for today! We eventually battled our way through the crowd and checked in, we sat down only very briefly before they called Poppy

We were shown to a changing room where Poppy put on her Rapunzel dress. We came out and Poppy was seated her the big chair. In the middle of the parlour there was a central seating area but it was full with other mums and family members. So I stood at the side of Poppy near the changing rooms and watched. Just meant that I got to take loads of photo's of Poppy's make over

Poppy was having the crown package which was the same as the basic one but with the additional nail polish. The Fairy Godmother asked Poppy which hairstyle she wanted, there was no hesitation at all as Poppy pointed straight at the high bun style. That did surprise me a little, but it was what she wanted. I was wondering how Poppy would find someone else tugging at her curly locks but she never complained once, quite a change to what she's like when I do her hair lol. Couldn't believe how easily they got Poppy's mass of curls into the bun...i was well impressed Another lady came along so Poppy had someone doing her hair and another lady painting her nails.

Next up was the make-up, I was a little unsure, Poppy has not worn make-up before but they literally put one stroke of eye shadow on her eyelids and a slick of lip gloss on. You could barely notice the make-up thankfully. They finished her hair by spraying lots of hair gel on then Poppy chose the face gem she wanted. All that was left was the fairy dust

This was so lovely to watch and of course I know I'm a little bit biased being the mum, but I thought Poppy looked every bit the princess

Poppy was so excited by her new look, she loved it and I thought she looked beautiful.

Poppy loved the bag they gave her and they put the rest of the make-up, nail varnishes, comb and face gems into it. I paid and then we were on our way, the whole process took around 25 minutes which I thought was the right length of time for Poppy

We headed outside back into the bright sunshine, we couldn't see Scott and the boys but Poppy asked to go on the Carousel so we walked over for a ride. It was so cute how the cast members kept calling Poppy a princess, she kept going all shy though, bless her.

Just love the Mickey hair slide

Poppy practising her royal wave!

The boys were waiting for us this time when we returned back to the castle and they all thought Poppy looked fantastic, just like a real princess. Told us that they'd been on the people mover for a whilst we'd been busy and had eaten a few snacks. We popped back into Castle Couture and got the Rapunzel wand for Poppy then had a wander over to the tower.

The new Rapunzel

Seeing as though we were in the area we took a look at the wait time for Haunted Mansion and as it was only 10 minutes we decided to give it a go. I was waiting for Poppy to say I don't want to ride it but to our surprise she asked if she could go on it, well done Poppy for giving it a go

I know that Poppy doesn't like 'scary rides', she takes after me but it turned out that she really enjoyed seeing the nice ghosts. Poppy had a new favourite ride!

Walked back across to Fantasyland for mine and Poppy's fast pass, the Little Mermaid ride. We left the boys in Gaston's tavern sampling the snacks and the local brew! We both enjoyed our journey under the sea, it's such a sweet ride.

The lads got another drink in for Poppy when we met back up with them. I had a quick sip but wasn't keen, Poppy soon demolished the LeFou's brew though

We made our way out of Fantasyland and the kids told us they were hungry, for some reason we had totally forgot about lunch! We were just passing Pinocchio Village Haus so we stopped off for some lunch for the kids. it wasn't anything special but the kids enjoyed their meals and it filled a small hole

Took another walk across the park - I had so not planned this right, I had already lost count at the amount of times we had walked back and forth to Fantasyland and Adventureland Our next fastpass was for the Jungle cruise but as we walked by we saw that there wasn't a queue for Aladdin's Magic Carpets so Scott took them on whilst it was quiet. Think the parade was on?

Time for our Jungle Cruise which was just as corny as ever. Our guide was quite good which does really make the experience more entertaining.

The jokes came thick and fast most of which the kids didn't understand (and a lot of the adults too) but they enjoyed the boat ride whilst we gave out big sighs of disbelief most of the way round

Our next attraction was a first for our family and thankfully only a few steps away. It was the Enchanted Tiki room, again no wait at all, perfect. What an absolutely charming show, the kids loved it well Poppy did, she couldn't take her eyes off those cute birds Probably wouldn't have felt the same if it had just been Scott and me but hey you only live once haha

I know we had just had a nice sit down but I really couldn't be doing with walking too far it was just too hot today so we opted for a scenic tour of the park on the Railroad. Hopped on at the station in Frontierland and did a full circuit round. It was a good choice for 20 minutes and it gave us a chance to recharge our batteries.

Once we hopped off it was nearly time for our dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table at 5.50pm. We still had a little time to spare so Poppy made a suggestion of watching the Monster inc laughter show and what a great choice. It was fantastic and we literally laughed the whole way through

Continued below...

Edited at 03:23 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued...

Now it was time for our date at the castle

The front of the castle was closed off so we had walk round the back, we went through to check in and it was so manic again! We finally got to the podium to check in and expected to be waiting a while but it was only a few minutes before we were took through. We had our photo's with Cinderella straight away too.

Next thing we knew we were being called to go up to the dining hall as our table was ready. Soon walked upstairs and we were seated at a lovely table which was quite centrally located in the beautiful banquet hall. They don't hang about here, our server soon came over with a wand for Poppy and a sword each for Jamie and Poppy. She asked if we were ready to order which we promptly replied no, we needed a few moments to have a look at the menu! She did take our drinks order though. She returned minutes later and then we gave her our order for all the 3 courses.

Enjoying the lovely crusty rolls

Our appetisers soon came out. Thought they were good but Scott was not impressed with his little measly portion lol. He had a pork dish, Hayden the castle salad, Jamie and Poppy had cheese and grapes whilst I ordered the trio of cheeses.

Wasn't long before our mains came out either, both Jamie and Poppy had the chicken nuggets, Scott some kind of surf and turf dish and Hayden and me had the chicken. Again the food was good but Poppy barely touched her food, but that was due to the excitement!

An announcement was made and the first Princess appeared, it was Aurora. She soon came to our table which Poppy was very pleased about, she was so lovely and chatted to Poppy for a while.

Next to appear at our table was Ariel who was again really sweet and as always very chatty with all of us.

Moments later the wishing ceremony began, this was so sweet and even the boys joined in and made a wish

Once finished Poppy was scanning the room to see if another Princess had made an appearance, we didn't have to wait long before Snow White did her rounds.

Well that was three Princesses down with one left to go. Poppy was trying to work out who the last one would be. On previous visits to the castle we had seen Belle so thought maybe she would be next but then we heard the story and worked out that it would be Rapunzel. Poppy couldn't believe it, she was so happy that it was her favourite Princess

Our desserts came out whilst we were waiting, they were all good.

The delicious Dessert trio

Finally Rapunzel arrived and she didn't disappoint, Poppy had a good old chat with her, it was so sweet.

Our time in the castle was now over I must say that the interaction with all the Princesses had been very good and we didn’t feel at all rushed. The food was ok too but it is fair to say that you come here for the experience and not the food. If you were to ask if Poppy had enjoyed her time here she would give a big fat YES so definitely worth it for all of us.

Continued below…

Edited at 03:35 PM.
Old 22 Feb 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Poppy looks adorable!
Old 22 Feb 15, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued...

We left an hour after we'd entered so they really do like to get you in an out of this place. Hayden really wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain we went over to see what the queue was like but it was nearly a hour. We decided to use the DAS card as Hayden was quite upset and we was given a return time of 45 minutes. Walked back across to It's a small world and it was only a short wait for this loveable ride.

It was starting to get dark as we came outside. We walked back through the Tangled area and the lanterns were now lit up, they looked so pretty.

Our return time was approaching so we headed back to Frontierland for a ride on one of the boys favourites.

This ride is fab and definitely one of the best rides in Magic Kingdom and it was a bit more thrilling riding it at dusk.

Love how the castle looks when it starting to get dark.

We noticed this lonely little cloud floating around, it looked really weird as there lightning going off inside it and the actual cloud was quite small. We never saw no rain though, strange

There was to be no parade or firework watching for us tonight but before leaving Poppy made a request, she wanted to got on Stitch's great escape. I was a little surprised and went on to explain what the ride entailed. Poppy was still fine with it and was adamant that she wouldn't be scared and wouldn't cry so off we went.

Sure enough I was proved wrong again, Poppy loved it and we were glad that she had experienced a new ride that she had so enjoyed it too Must say that Scott and me preferred it when it was Alien encounter even though I nearly came off that crying, that was a scary ride lol.

The Electrical Light Parade was due to start so it was a bit of a pain trying to exit the park as crowds of people were lined up waiting on Main Street. Walked through the shops as that made it slightly easier and once we were out we had no trouble with our onward journey home.

Stopped at the Hess station to fill the car up with some gas then we were back at Port Orleans Riverside in our room for 9.30. An early night for us. Couldn’t believe how much we had walked today, I had lost count at how many times we had walked back and forth it’s a no wonder I felt shattered.

The day had been fantastic, Poppy had so enjoyed her time being a Princess and the boys were so pleased to have been able to ride BSM and BTM. Magic kingdom is just the best place ever, we love it so much.

Poppy was a bit peckish, hardly surprising bless her so she delved into the fridge to see what snack credits we had lurking around. We all enjoyed yet more of our wedding cake before having a much needed cool shower. I had to laugh though because the room was just covered in glitter and fairy dust and even though we had just showered , we were covered too…magical

Tomorrow-Typhoon Lagoon and Fantasmic maybe?

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow poppy looks beautiful - great day x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Poppy looks adorable!
Thank you
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Wow poppy looks beautiful - great day x
Aww thanks, she loved her princess day xx
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
What an amazing day for you all, especially Poppy. She looks beautiful.

Although all of your photos are fab, I particularly love the first of the Ariel photos that you've posted, where Poppy's looking up at her.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

gorgeous day! Poppy looks wonderful and how well behaved are your lovely boys. Every day sounds perfect
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List