Old 8 Mar 15, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally a Ford! Our Disney Wedding & NYC Trip August 2014 - Day 22 - A/K, Chef de France, Epcot

Index

Can't believe that we have been married a week now! This time last Friday...

I was awake really easy, I could hear next door moving around. First time we'd really heard any noise on our block it had been really quiet. I went for a walk over to the General Store to have a good look round as I had barely been in the shops this time round. I bought a few things, new mugs, photo frames along with a few other breakable items. They were all wrapped up really well though. Used some more of the snack credits too on yet more of those goofy sweet treats. I needed to sort out some of the meal credits and I also wanted to pay for our wedding meal and wishes cruise. I used the free Disney $200 gift voucher that we received with our booking and some of our travellers cheques. Managed to sort everything out.

Port Orleans is such a pretty resort

Returned back to the room to find that the kids were up and ready for the day ahead, just needed some sun cream applying then we were off.

Today we were going back to Animal Kingdom, we just wanted to have one last look round. Left our room and 9.30 and we were soon walking up to the entrance...

First port of call was the shops, again just wanted to pick up a few bits and pieces and the kids wanted some little gifts too.

Can't believe that we ended up buying this little cutie for Poppy, a baby Simba. Yet another cuddly toy to add to the collection!

Headed on over to the Discovery Island Trails but unfortunately due to all the work that was going on, we were unable to walk along it. Shame really because we've never looked round here before and I would imagine that it's a very picturesque place to walk through.

Continued our walk through to Africa...

Simba was happy to be visiting here

Eventually stopping at the Pangani Forest exploration trail for an explore.

Came across a lot of interesting and fascinating creatures along the trail.

Like the other trail it's great how you walk round at your own, stopping off at the observation stations that interest you the most. Soon we came across the magnificent Gorilla's. There seemed to be a lot of people congregated round a spot next to the window. One of the mothers had recently given birth, the baby was so cute. Luckily we caught a quick glimpse of the 2 week old

Time for our first fast pass of the day, Expedition Everest My turn to take the boys on. No wait time what so ever...yay Another absolutely fantastic ride. I had a very chatty American lady sitting at the side of me, who even though she was a few years older than me, informed me that this was her favourite ride in Animal Kingdom and she regularly rode it on her own

Met up with Poppy and Scott in the gift shop afterwards and Poppy was quick to tell me that someone had just been sick on the floor! Poor thing.

Grabbed a few drinks as we moved through Asia, and Jamie just had to get one of his favourite snacks, a soda float. This time a Fanta one - think he's been through most of the flavours now.

Next stop was our family favourite, Kali Rapids. It was a really hot day (isn't it always in Animal Kingdom) and this time we we're hoping for a bit of a soaking lol. The line was quite long but our wait was minimal due to our fast pass. The family in front of us put poncho’s on...I just don't get it

Anyway we got soaked and I mean soaked but it didn't bother us. Well maybe it did a little judging by the look on Jamie and Poppy's face!

Couldn't believe it when we crossed over the bridge where the water pistols are positioned...nobody was there! All of the water squirt guns were free so the kids wasted no time in aiming them at the passing rafts. Oh such fun

Take aim!

The reality was, because it was so hot we were dry in next to no time. Scott was a little peckish so had one of his favourite snacks...

Then Scott said why don't we go for some lunch (just after eating a giant pretzel). Decided to try somewhere new and another quick service place we'd heard great things about, was the Flame Tree Barbecue. On our previous visit it had been closed.

It was really busy and it took a while for us to order and receive our food. We were glad to see though that even though it was congested at the order point, round the back where the seating was located was reasonably quiet with lots of free tables available. Managed to find one in a shaded area

The food was ok, I just opted for a salad which Scott gave me a telling off for ordering He said you don't come to a barbecue place and order a salad...well that told me!

I enjoyed my salad and the ribs and chicken that Scott had were all good too. There wasn't any complaints from the kids either so the Flame tree got a thing thumbs up from us.

Jamie had been over to the condiments bar to get some more ketchup for his hotdog. On his way back, somehow he spilled one of those little paper cup containers all done his t-shirt. looked like something very nasty had happened to his stomach! We cleaned Jamie up with some baby wipes but his top was still in a pretty big mess, which didn't bother me after all kids are kids. It bothered Scott so after we'd eaten he went to the nearest restrooms and washed Jamie's top. He actually did a great job, you would never have known.

We asked if there was any other rides they wanted to do before leaving. Hayden and Jamie both said the same...Dinosaur. Only had a short walk to get there and actually managed to acquire a fast pass for the ride whilst we were walking across to it. That was the first time I'd been able to amend a fastpass on my phone lol.

We all wimped out again and had our eyes shut at the end...

We met back up with Poppy and Scott who enjoyed a more smoother ride on Poppy's favourite, Triceratop spin. We left Animal Kingdom soon after.

Continued below...

Edited at 10:35 AM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued...

Headed on over to Downtown Disney as there was a couple of Lego sets that Hayden wanted to get. We thought that we would have a hard time parking up but actually we did ok and easily found a spot in the car park near to the Market place.

Hayden soon found his Star wars lego sets and Jamie and Poppy bought a small lego set for themselves.

Then we had a good luck round the big Disney store where we purchased a few more soft toys, some photo albums and frames and a few more toys for Jamie and Poppy.

Had a wander over to Goofy's candy company to use up more of our snack credits. It was just too much for us looking at all those tasty treats so we ended up getting another Mickey create your own treat...yummy.

It was too hot to continue walking round, there's no real shade here, so we headed on back to our resort. Once in our room I did some packing in between us all having our showers and changing. I was so pleased that the big star wars blaster that Jamie had bought the day before, fitted into a case. I packed all the gifts and toys we had just purchased and left it at that for the time being. I'd sort through the remainder of our clothes later.

I wanted to take a photo of our mickey balloons before we left too. I know it might sound a bit sad but i had such fond memories of them from our wedding day

Set off for Epcot, we had an adr for Chef de France later that evening.

On our previous visit, Poppy had wanted to go on Figment but the attraction had closed by the time we had got there. We did promise Poppy a ride the next time we came, we just needed to go to Test Track. I'd checked earlier on the ipad to see if there were any fast passes for Teat Track , but obviously there wasn't. We'd used ours in Animal kingdom and of course you're not able to book another fast pass until your first three have expired. Hayden was quite upset when I explained that we couldn't go on it. Then I thought it's not worth the hassle and certainly not a meltdown so we used Hayden's disability card to obtain a return time for him. That's what the card is for, children like Hayden. As we left Test track they announced that inclement weather could delay the wait time. We could see some dark clouds in the distance but they didn't look too menacing.

Finally arrived at Figment ride, much to the delight of Poppy. There wasn't a queue, and we were soon sitting in our car enjoying the journey through the senses.

Once our ride was over we all fun trying some of the interactive activities in Imageworks. Enjoying the music ones the most and the best thing was it was so quiet in there After some considerable time we decided to leave for Test Track. Walked through the little shop and wondered what was happening, people were crowded round the door? Turns out it was raining, and I mean a proper Orlando afternoon downpour. Guess what we didn't have our big ruck sack, yep the one with the poncho's in - had we even used them yet?

We decided to stay put for a while but I ventured out to retrieve the pushchair. Thankfully we had learnt our lesson, so we always pulled the hood over the seat 'just in case' but I still wanted the pushchair inside. So off I went to get it. Oh my word! I started to run which was such a bad idea when you are wearing flip flop type sandals in 4 inches of water...I nearly went flying but thankfully I regained my balance!

Pushchair in hand I walked back to the shop. I didn't see anyone else walking round on my short visit, only idiots like me haha. Luckily the seat was dry in the pram so at least it had been mission accomplished

Of course we had a look round the shop and ended up buying some more gifts. Our adr time was fast approaching, we knew we would have to leave fairly soon, but the rain was'nt letting up. In the end we had no choice but to brave it.

I asked for a few of those large Disney plastic bags, one for the seat of the pram, another to wrap round Poppy's body and legs and then a bag for my camera! We set off walking, didn't help that I was wearing a maxi dress. Everyone soon left me behind as they could walk faster than me lol. We eventually arrived in France, and to be expected the area outside the entrance to Chef de France was full. The rain had started to ease somewhat but of course people in the restaurant weren't moving from their tables, they're not daft they could see the rain.

We stood and waited...then sat and waited. At least it gave us time to dry off a little

Eventually being called in some 45 minutes later. It was strange how we were sat at the same table as our last visit. Near to the window with a lovely view

Our server soon came and she brought out some of those lovely warm baguettes. We ordered our food both Scott and me ordered from the prix fixe 3 course menu. Who were we kidding...there was no way we could eat all that food but I just had to try the onion soup

Oh my word the soup was so ooo good but really filling. Neither of us finished it. The kids had ordered cheese pastries which came with a salad and Hayden didn't have an appetiser.

Both Jamie and Poppy had the burger, hayden had the chicken with vegetables - bit like a Sunday dinner. Whilst Scott had the steak and I opted for the beef short ribs. All of which were absolutely delicious.

Lastly were the yummy desserts. Poppy and Jamie chose the ice creams whilst Hayden had one of his favourites, profiteroles. Scott's was the classic crème brulee - delicious, whilst i had some kind of strawberry cake which was very good too.

By the time we had settled everything it was 8.45 so nearly time for Illuminations to start. We had hoped to have had a look round a couple of the country's as really not had the opportunity. Unfortunately we didn't have time tonight either what with the unscheduled late dinner.

We walked on over towards Norway and as we got near, Illuminations started.

This is another show we will never tire of watching...love it.

It was extra magic hours tonight, so as soon as Illuminations was over we walked on to Maelstrom. Little did we know that this would be the last time we'd be able to go on this boat ride? Think that Poppy will be glad of the change as the Trolls scared her a bit. I quite liked the ride as it was though.

It was a short walk over to the next pavilion - Mexico. It was time for a ride on another boat, Gran Fiesta Tour. Kids love this one, it always brings a smile to our faces

We didn't know if we'd be able to use Hayden's card in EMH but we thought we would enquire over at Test Track. I explained about not being able to come back due the weather and they said it was no problem at all, we could go in the fast pass line. Hayden was one happy boy. They love how you can create your car and it was so cool driving round the track at night.

Final ride of the night was of course Spaceship Earth...we walked straight onto this gem Poppy asks so many questions when we’re on this. When we came off we sent our postcards home and had a look in the interactive sections, it was so quiet.

We did feel a little sad as we left. We really love Epcot and Animal Kingdom and it's always a bit of a downer when you know you won't be returning

Still be had one more day left and it was in the most magical place, and our favourite place - Magic kingdom

Got back at 11.00, we were all tired so didn’t hang about getting changed and ready for bed, with lights finally out at half past.

Last Disney day Cape may & Magic Kingdom

Edited at 12:43 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Loving your report

Gorgeous photos as always - you all look so happy, perhaps except the one after you all got wet on the Rapids!

My kids still love the squirters too - my son would spend all day aiming at poor unsuspecting passengers and he's nearly 17!

Looking forward to your final day xx
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loved your day
Such a funny photo of the kids faces all soaked they didn't look happy haha, bet it was amazingly refreshing though in that heat!
Lovely food & some fantastic pictures of illuminations
We always feel so sad when we leave each site its a very depressing moment!
Another great day! Xxx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 15, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another fabulous day, I know what you mean about that sad feeling- the end of the holiday is the worst

Can't wait to read all about your last day
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 15, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneyloverz View Post
Another fabulous day, I know what you mean about that sad feeling- the end of the holiday is the worst

Can't wait to read all about your last day
Thanks for reading along.

We have still got a couple of days in New York left so it felt sad but we were excited to be going there

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Loving your report

Gorgeous photos as always - you all look so happy, perhaps except the one after you all got wet on the Rapids!

My kids still love the squirters too - my son would spend all day aiming at poor unsuspecting passengers and he's nearly 17!

Looking forward to your final day xx
Those squirters are so fun at any age

Just sorting the photo's out so shouldn't be too long till I write out last Disney day xx

Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
Loved your day
Such a funny photo of the kids faces all soaked they didn't look happy haha, bet it was amazingly refreshing though in that heat!
Lovely food & some fantastic pictures of illuminations
We always feel so sad when we leave each site its a very depressing moment!
Another great day! Xxx
I like that photo too

It is sad isn't Kaylie, I hate that feeling but at least we're going to NYC afterwards

xxx
Old 9 Mar 15, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It is sad, we know exactly what u mean as we also flew to nyc after in 2013, It was a mixture of excitedness & not wanting to leave very strange lol, did u have a lot of turbulence on the flight?
Ours was awful we couldn't even leave our seats lol (I needed the loo so did it anyway but we wernt supposed to haha) xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 15, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
It is sad, we know exactly what u mean as we also flew to nyc after in 2013, It was a mixture of excitedness & not wanting to leave very strange lol, did u have a lot of turbulence on the flight?
Ours was awful we couldn't even leave our seats lol (I needed the loo so did it anyway but we wernt supposed to haha) xx
Same here, yes excited to go to NYC but sad to leave our happy place.

We were fine, no turbulence at all It's awful when that happens, done that a few times with the kids and told them we have to wait to go to loo! Luckily it only lasted a little while xx
Old 10 Mar 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh no, I'm so sad that your Disney time is almost over! I'm constantly amazed at how much energy you all had and how much you squeezed into every day.

You've done such a good job with Poppy's princess hair; you way looks so much more comfortable than the BBB style!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 15, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another really great day.

Those treats in Goofy's Candy Co are so yummy!

I like the photo of Jamie with the Mickey balloon in front of his face.

Your dinner looks really good. Chef de France was on my list for this year but I had too many Epcot restaurants down so had to drop it. I am hoping to fit in a trip to Flame Tree Barbecue this time.

Can't believe your Disney part is nearly over. xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List