Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Mar 15, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams -DAY 2 -Anna Maria Island =Paradise Found.

Great to see you again - thanks for reading the rest of this trip report

Day One is here

The whole index is here

Today was our anniversary and it was a total stock take as to what we had experienced as a family in the last 12 months.
For what seemed the first time since March we finally had room to breathe!

Here we are days into a trip report and the basic intros have been missed - it was exactly as we had felt.

This picture was taken by a lovely family who asked if we wanted a family snap.
As a family the past 12 months had been somewhat rollercoasteresque

Death of two grandads, a new job (for me) since last Sept , final year at primary school for eldest DS Josh, and a whole lot of work stuff that hit both DW and I around Easter 2014 had become a way of life that was no very healthy and was not particularly good.

So who are we ?

ME - chief planner, dibb addict, coaster addict , Florida addict and the person most likely to just book it and think later !

DW Alison - the voice of reason and the one who be mostly likely to hold the coats if there is a massive coaster to ride!
But, most importantly, the person who holds us all together - it is now Mothers Day 2015 and no matter on what day you ever read this at any point in the future - as a Mum she is the person who keeps us all on track - the sensible head

Eldest DS - Josh 11- Last year of primary school, Sats behind him and Freedom!

Youngest Ds - Joe 7 - determined to show just how many rides he is tall enough to ride now - see last years report - here

Might be my two fingers that salute Typhoon Lagoon but he is still aware of how they made him feel that day:angry:
Well worth a read if you have not seen it before

Anyway ..

on with this trip report ...

DAY 2

When you wake up in Florida you expect and early morning and you deal with it - we didn't - we actually slept in

This came as a shock!
I don't do sleeping in in Florida I do it at home but never here - it is a standing family joke - I go on holiday to get up earlier than I do at home!

It simply summed up why we were here. To find some time to actually be able to enjoy being on holiday. Sleep was good and even in the early days of this trip we knew we had planned right - we simply needed a complete stop and rest as a family.

We got up and headed out in the car - without the camera - and ended up in the Bridge street creperie for breakfast crepes for all.Good place for breakfast and enjoyed.

We got back and headed for the beach

The toil was worth it!

Beach shot

We had the place to ourselves - it was simply everything we had imagined AMI to be and a whole lot more.

We did the beach for longer than we would ever do in Spain, had a swim in the pool and eventually headed to the Sandbar for dinner yes the day flew as quickly as that, It was bliss.

As anniversary meals go this will be one we will remember forever -even after 14 other ones! The food was amazing and the size of the prawns simply double what you would expect at home

Not sure which of these two had the chicken wings ?

It was just a perfect way to spend our 15th Anniversary and an unforgettable one too.

AMI has the uncanny knack of dragging a lot of people to the coast

for just one thing...

I've seen sunsets in many places and I have been in awe of just how beautiful and powerful they are

This was something totally special.

Words can't describe being able to take pics like that - no photoshop I hasten to add it was point and shoot

It was amazing and made us all simply stand , look and then roll our chins up from the ground.

For the Sandbar,
We paid $120 for which did include a nice bottle of wine ( it was our anniversary after all!)

The boys had an ice cream from Dips on the way home and as anniversaries go today was a very special one

Never to be forgotten.

After such a start to the holiday - this really was time to breathe and it really was Paradise.

Day 3 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 04:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Great report. We found AMI in 2004 and have been back every year since, going again in 6 weeks. Never been to Harry's bar though! A new one on me, must investigate. Looking forward to the reading the rest
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate in style. Happy Mothers Day to Mrs Walt4it too xxx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Really enjoying reading your reports.
That sunset...
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great Anniversary day we had a meal at the Sandbar in November I really enjoyed mine Mick says he made the wrong choice! He has the habit of doing this

Jon
Old 15 Mar 15, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I am enjoying your trip report. What an amazing place to spend your anniversary at. We have never been to AMI.

The sunset pics are fab, I would have them on my wall.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a perfect day! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
beautiful photos - looking forward to the next instalment.
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Seems like a perfect way to celebrate, congratulations

More gorgeous photos and delicious food too
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just read your trip report from the beginning up until today and really enjoyed it. . . The beach and sunset photos were stunning.
Looking forward to reading more
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List