Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Mar 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams -DAY 4 -AMI- Ay up!

Back again - so soon! Thanks for reading all that has previously happened and just in case you have missed anything

Day 3 is here

The index for all the days in this trip report is here

Day 4 - 1st August 2014

Officially known at home as 'Yorkshire Day'

Well this was anything but a Yorkshire morning, the sun, the temperature and the fact we had a pool in our back garden made a bit of a difference

We were on a slow start again - we were beginning to think that the past few months had taken even more out of us than we had thought.
Bagels and scrambled egg for breakfast and we formulated a Publix wish list; umbrella, new goggles, water and stuff for a bbq tea.
dead simple and to the point - I did find the most useful beach umbrella anchor system too - $9 well spend to a cheap umbrella and avoid that sight of person running after umbrella across the beach
Was quite a moment when we saw at least three other families being caught out - and yes they did run after the umbrella that did not want to comply- sorry if it was you but it did make us laugh

I did publix alone - which can be dangerous as I usually buy loads of unneeded stuff that will take up loads of bag space - and so I ended up with a beach umbrella, an anchor system for the aforementioned, two pairs of new goggles ( all of which never made it home) and I also topped up on the water supply.
We ended up drinking the water for rather a long part of the holiday but it would have been rather remiss of me to partake of the buy one get 3 free on 24 packs of water.
the same water would taste the same in AMI as it would in Orlando - bargain

I also got some stuff for tea.

The pool party was in full swing on my return with both boys simply enjoying the time to play. I joined them

We ended the morning by driving to Bridge Street which is the central part of AMI - lots of good beaches and restaurants, bars etc and then found a bit of golf!

It was nailbiting stuff!

High concentration needed as the winner buys the ice cream

No, not the winner,but the ice cream shop was named after him so it was good enough for Joe - it must be good!
It was ...

An official Yorkshire Day endorsement that it was nearly as good as The Harbour Bar in Scarborough - If you ever visit Scarborough this really is the best Ice Cream you can find
If you ever visit AMI then Joes was great for afternoon Ice Cream.

Anyway, just for the record, the golf cost me It very nearly cost Josh a pair of sunglasses which he had lost and then were found and left on a bench next to the Fish Hole golf

We had a look at the beach and decided to head back and get the trolley out once again for a late afternoon at Bean Point Beach - I would add the advice we had read about this place before arriving - DO NOT attempt to go out too far and swim - the currents between the Gulf and the Bay are lethal - you could see the point at which they met and it was not inviting.

We did however pitch the new umbrella and settle for some sun and some sea

the view the other way! - now as much as it looks like a private beach I would hasten to add the house in the back ground can only be considered a complete dream! There are not many places in the world I have stood in the sea and looked at the land and thought " that would be my very own grand design" but it was amazing.
After the photos I actually got round to empying the trolley

A deck chair is missing a person! As I write this I get goosebumps about exactly how I felt when I took the pic - I wanted to always look out towards the sea and know that this seat will be waiting - always a good thought through the Winter at home!

Whilst avoiding the usual sea swim we enjoyed other means of playing on the beach, mainly burying Joe

The boys aslo built loads of other stuff but by the time I shifted my backside into gear this was all that was left!

In a place where time has no meaning , we were aware that it was pushing on simply because the boys were hungry and we remembered we had not eaten since breakfast!
Time to head back only to be hit by this sight -

wedding chairs and then a meet with the father of the bride - they were staying in a home down the road from us and our warm wishes to him became even more evident in the times he passed us on our journey back!
It was just a few minutes but he had alternative ways of transporting his family and guests - as we were nearly home we caught sight of the bridal cavalcade.

We wished her well and she was surprised that her Dad knew this family from the UK waving and shouting good luck
What a place to get married.

As for us, we de- sanded with a pool dip , shower and a trip to the Rod and Reel for a sunset moment.

What followed made us so thankful we were not just here for a day and made us really feel for the wedding party - as sunset beckoned so did some last minute cloud

We were gutted for the wedding family and again thankful as to the sunsets we had been privileged to witness in the past two days.

as the picture shows too - the wind had got up
We headed back - waved again as the bride, groom and Dad whizzed past in the golf buggy.
We had a BBQ tea , which ended up way too late and involved in me being outside with too many biters- despite the spray.
Whilst content to BBQ and cook on holiday we were just a little too late in starting and cooking - we did however enjoy watching The Tampa Bay Rays on the Tv whilst we waited ( well the boys did!)
Time just caught up on us - it did not stand still it simply over took all of the fantastic things that we were trying to absorb!

Food enjoyed and the next step was a rather short one for us all -

Until The next time
DAY 5 Here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Lovely, lovely day.

The sunset could be a good metaphor for marriage though, despite the clouds, the sun is always shining and it promises tomorrow will be another beautiful day with more to come 😃

What a lovely place to get married 😍
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Lovely, lovely day.

The sunset could be a good metaphor for marriage though, despite the clouds, the sun is always shining and it promises tomorrow will be another beautiful day with more to come 😃

What a lovely place to get married 😍
Don't even think if it was shelling it down with rain you would neither care nor notice - the place itself is amazing - the thought of marrying there would bring everything else to a complete stop-probably even the rain!

I do like your metaphorical thinking

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Perfect day
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
A fantastic day

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Amazing day and what a beautiful place
Old 22 Mar 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great day

Joan
Old 22 Mar 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizmo473
Excited about Disney

Superb beach day

Fantasy Villas 1998 Hunters Creek 2000 Clear Creek 2002
Lake Davenport 2004 Cumbrian Lakes 2006
Woodcrest 2008 Legacy Park 2010
Hunters Creek 2012 Sanctuary 2014 Grand Reserve 2015
Gizmo473 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
that sand looks so soft and inviting. Even with the clouds, the sunset is still stunning.
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Amazing isn't it when we have all the time in the world in our hands we actually still don't have enough!

I also trust that you will be enjoying today's Yorkshire day in a similar suitable fashion!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List