Old 24 May 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups (27.3.15 - 12.4.15) Day 8 Epcot

Day 8 Epcot

I woke up around 9.15, and went to change our FP times for Monday for slightly later as we were going to BBQ with friends on the Sunday and it usually gets messy when we get together

While I was doing this I started to feel a bit icky, not sure why. I managed to skype mum at last and she said she had started taking Tramadol for her hip at night and had finally managed to sleep through the night, where as before she would have been up a few times.

I had a cuppa and started to feel better, so woke Ade and Tom up around 10.20 if we wanted to get to Sizzler. We had our first FP booked for Spaceship Earth for 12.05 – 1.05. I know you never really need a FP for this but we thought as it was Easter weekend it would be busy.

We left later than expected but managed to get to Sizzler for 11.15 just in time. I remembered the eat and play card this time so got 10% off. We were sat in a nice window area near an American family with one child and the amount of leftover food they had on their table was incredible, they must have tried every single item of the buffet food!

We left a tip for the waitress and just as I was getting back in the car I noticed I had not got my watch on. We had remembered to write the FP times down this time as we had to check with a CM last time but without a watch it was no good. So we drove up a little and stopped at the gift shop next to the Ponderosa and I got a Mickey Mouse watch. I also got a wallet as I was fed up keeping the ‘house’ money in the same purse as my money and getting muddled, also it was always folded too much to see clearly what we had.

We got to Epcot at 12.08 and parked in Discovery 21. We tried to get a photo just inside the entrance but the photographer was taking ages with a couple of teenage girls, making them do loads of different poses so we gave up.

Spaceship Earth was showing 30 mins so we were glad we had the FP. We always love this ride and this year we emailed the little videos to ourselves so we could watch again.

Our next FP was for Mission Space so we wandered over to that area. Green was showing 10 mins and Orange was 35 mins. Tom and I had never been on Orange so we said we would queue for green and use our FP straight after for Orange so we could really see the difference. Ade had said he couldn’t tell a difference when he did it a few years ago but there was a large time gap between him doing them.

We could certainly tell the difference from green and orange, the G force is amazing. We will always do orange from now on.

After this we went and spent some time and a lot of money in Mousegear before our Test Track FP at 2.25pm We got 2 cat car decals to add to our family ones we got last trip, and I purchased 3 Christmas tree decs, ( I will have to show you photos of all the decs I got at the end of the trip report.)

Glad of our FP for test track we by passed the 90 min wait, but I managed to lose my camera case between the car design stage and the ride. I think it was while I was trying to take a photo of our car design.

sorry very bad photo

I asked a CM when we came out and they said they could send someone to look for it while we waited or I could try at Guest services later in the day as all lost property ends up there. I decided to try later. We then wandered over to Nemo and got another FP for Living with the land for 4.25. there was not much left to choose from at this time of day, especially as Epcot does not have that many rides.

Nemo was 10 mins and then we walked over to the restroom and refreshments near living with the land. It was showing 25 minutes I have never seen it that busy before.

We then went to the World Showcase to try the Easter Egg hunt. We were advised that the maps and stickers were available in the shop near the UK entrance to Epcot (I forget the correct name) but the chap said they had sold out of them all! But we may be able to get one at guest services, we did not feel like walking all the way back so decided to take photos of the eggs and mark on our park map and then transfer to the proper Easter Egg hunt map when we got it.

This is my favourite photo of the whole holiday can you see my Mickey watch?

So of we went and it was good fun looking out for them.

We stopped in America for a meal, Ade had a burger, I had a chilli hot dog and Tom had a regular hot dog. Ade got a beer and I asked for a Chardonay but it came out red? They said that was correct, I drank it and had to take a photo and upload to FB for my red wine drinking friends to see the evidence as I am not a red wine lover.

We carried on round hunting eggs and looking in the shops of different countries. Ade got a shot glass for his friend back home in the Germany area, and he got me a glass of pinot grigio to make up for my red wine fiasco.

It was getting dark as we made our way back to the front of the park, I went into guest services to see about my case and it was there! I also asked about the maps and she directed me to the ‘tented’ shops in the centre near the golfball. But they had run out too. Tom was a little disappointed as he wanted to know what the prize was that you got for finding them all.

We left when it was dark and went to Walmart for some supplies for our BBQ with friends tomorrow, we got Tom a little present for missing out on the Easter Egg hunt prize.

We were home for 10pm, Tom in bed for 10.40. Ade and I sat on the lanai for a while with some beer and wine and I caught up on my notes.

Tomorrow Rest day

Todays counts
Hotdogs 2
Hiccups 0 (unless you count the wine)

Total count
Hotdogs 7
Hiccups 10
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 15, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I think the Easter egg hunt looks so funny, I'd love to do that.

We are also guilty of spending way too much in Mousegear.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Lol. Red chardonnay.
Old 9 Jun 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Lol. Red chardonnay.
Yeah I know I think he gave me one that was already poured and someone else didn't want but not 100% sure otherwise I would have complained. I was not sure if I ordered the correct wine either
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

I would definitely have counted the wine as a hiccup
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Looks like a lovely day & the Easter Eggs look fun.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List