Old 19 Jun 15, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Girls on tour - May 2015: Day 3 Universal Studios

Day 3 - Universal & IOA

Today we had a slightly later start and didn’t wake up until 7:30 this morning. We had lucky charms/cereal bars for breakfast and we were ready to leave at 8:30am for Universal! Bumbags at the ready!

It only took about 5 mins to get to parking lots from our hotel and we paid our parking charge and parked in King Kong. It was looking quiet so far which was a good sign. Walked through city walk and seen Panda Express and the excitement kicked in (if you read my west coast trip report you will understand my love!) We decided to go to Universal first so we could see the new harry potter area and exchanged our paper tickets at the booths (which took ages!)

Finally into park at 9:30am and we headed straight over to the London section of Harry Potter. I love the theming here – it is so good! We had a wander around the knightbus and grimauld place then actually entered Diagon Alley – which is so cool how to do it – I would have walked right past it!

We made a beeline for the Gringotts ride as it was posted at 60 min wait but we didn’t think it would go on so decided to wait! Wasn’t too long before we were inside the bank and the theming in here is incredible it really feels like your in the one from the film. The queue went quite quickly as there is so much to look at while you wait. Ended up only waiting about 40 mins and got on the ride! Really liked the ride especially the first part – but I think I still prefer the first one in the castle!

After the ride we got a few photos and Milla got an ice cream cone from Florence and Fortescue’s ice cream parlour - choc and strawberry and peanut butter, which she said, was amazing.

We then headed to Kings Cross to get the train to Hogsmeade. Here we are taking a selfie while the man loading the train is patiently waiting for us I also loved the train journey and thought it was even better that the connected the two areas via the train!

the guy waiting for the selfie's to be over -

When we arrived in Hogsmeade we headed straight for the castle ride – my favourite! Wait time was posted as only 20 mins. There were some young boys in the queue who kept giving us their best chat up lines - are you from Tennessee, if you were a fruit you'd be a cute cumber, is your dad a baker etc. which was amusing for us! I loved this ride still one of my favourites and we all agreed we preferred it to the other ride. We had a look around the gift ship and then decided to get a two frozen butterbeers which were really nice but glad we shared as it was pretty sweet and a whole one would have been too much.

After wandering around Hogsmeade we headed into Jurassic park and went on the River Adventure water ride. I hadn’t ever been on this one. Really liked this even though the drop terrified me. We didn't get too wet either! Then decided to head to Spider-Man and make that our last stop before lunch (another ride I hadn’t done before). The queue was at 40 mins but we decided to wait as we weren’t planning on coming back to IOA after lunch. We probably only waited 30 though. I thought the ride was good but not one of my faves out of all the simulators and thought it could do with an update. We then headed to Panda Express! I ordered orange chicken, chow mein and spring rolls and then we got 2 xl cokes to share. Still as good as I remember but not as much orange chicken as I would have liked

After lunch we headed back into Universal and did Louise’s favourite ride The Mummy.

Tried to take a sneaky photo of the ride picture on my phone but we got told off. Should mention that before this trip Ashleigh hated rides – she went to Alton towers a few years ago and only went on the minetrain ride so was adamant she wouldn’t be doing many rides in Florida. But somehow Milla managed to persuade her to ride on the Rip ride rocket with her and she did and loved it!

Their hair after coming off the ride.

We then headed over the transformers ride which was a new ride for all of us. I really liked this one and think it may be my favourite ride in the park! We then headed over to the Simpsons area and got some photos and went into Moe’s for a coke!

We then rode the ride and headed over to men in black after that which was a bit boring compared to the rest. We then headed back to the mummy to ride it again!

Ash and milla tried to go back on rip ride but the thunder and lightening closed ride and they were told it would be another 30 mins after it was over for testing so decided to leave it.

Me and Louise got a photo with the minions while we thought they were on the ride

We waited out for parade to start and got soaked as it started to pour. The parade was ok would have been better without the rain I’m sure We decided to leave the park at 5:30pm as it was still raining heavy and thunder and lightening too so a lot of the rides were shut. As it was still early we drove over to the outlets for a browse but we ended up being here for hours and bought more than intended! I got myself some trainers in Nike from the kids section as they went up to a UK6! I also got some candles from Bath & Bodyworks, some clothes from Aeropostale and a make up bag from Ted Baker. At about 9pm we left the outlets as Ashleigh’s legs were getting sore (she suffers really badly with prickly heat and rashes so wanted to get out of the heat and ice them) Just picked up a Taco Bell to take back to the hotel for tea and got 4 quesaritos which were amazing! Met a man in Taco Bell who grew up and went to school in Aberdeen not far from where we live so got chatting to him. Headed to bed, as it had been a long day again!

Thanks for reading!
Day 4 – Animal Kingdom

Edited at 09:12 PM.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Reading your trippie makes me want to go back so much... man I love Orlando! Fab photos, thank you so much for sharing!

(also you are all totally rocking the bumbags... I have always been a bit dubious of being able to pull one off but you girls make them look uber trendy!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Another busy day
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Another great day! The Harry Potter pics have made me very excited!
Old 20 Jun 15, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Lovely photos

You got so much done in one day- Universal is fab when the clothes are relatively low!

Thanks for the tip about kids size trainers- will be looking at for those in September!
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 15, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Another fab day Hello from Aberdeen
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love taco bell! I wish Disney would get something similar onsite.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Another great day, and I totally agree with Lisa_Lollipop you all rock the bumbags

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just caught up on your first few days. The girls trip looks fab! Looking forward to the rest
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Looking like you had a great time. You all look fab too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List