Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Jul 15, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mr and Mrs T's West Coast Tour - Final Thoughts

Despite the very very poor start to our trip thanks to the shameful young people on the flight to Las Vegas we both agree that we have had a fantastic holiday.

In fact we both said that it was the best holiday we have ever taken. We have been very lucky to have holidayed in Orlando for many years and the two trips we had with granddaughter Caitlin will always have a special place in our hearts but of late we had started to get a bit bored so wanted to experience something different. This was different and we so enjoyed it. And want more!

We have never done a 5 stop U.S. holiday before and we both really enjoyed doing it. I was not sure if we would enjoy it but we did and we want more.

The two bed and breakfasts were totally different. Two very different locations. We enjoyed the accommodation at the Carriage Vineyard but A Bed of Roses was wonderful. It was just lovely to sit on the deck eating breakfast and enjoying the forests in the distance so much so that we did not want to leave.

We saw so much and also met some really lovely people. There are places we want to return and visit, to take in the spectacular scenery and views we had on our journeys up and down the Pacific Coastal Highway.

Our experiences when visiting Yosemite National Park. Stunning scenery and views. It is really a lovely place to walk round. So much to see and the waterfalls. Enough said!

The elephant seals. Beautiful creatures and it was great to just stand and watch them.

San Francisco is a fascinating city. So much to do and see. Chinatown is a must visit and would thoroughly recommend the bay cruise.

If you like history then it must be Hearst Castle. Stunning location overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

With regards to Las Vegas we have done it and have no intention of going again. Enjoyed visiting the various hotels, the strip is definitely a very interesting place but why go back. Not really our sort of place if honest.

The show Ka was a Wow experience. Amazing.

There were so many things we saw and did that we loved and would like to go and visit again and spend more time.

This most definitely was a trip of so many firsts. Absolutely amazed by everything we did. Our first ever helicopter flight was a great experience.

Finally the reason we went to Las Vegas in the first place. The one thing that left both of us speechless and for a little while left me a bit emotional. It is a place that words cannot really describe. It is awe-inspiring, has left me consistently thinking about it. The pictures we took definitely do not do it justice. It is a very special place that we will never forget visiting.

I am talking about The Grand Canyon. An unbelieveably beautiful place where you can enjoy its peace and quiet. Where you can stand and take in its beauty, close your eyes and really feel at peace with everything.

It was an absolute privilege to visit it.

Sorry if that sounds a bit over the top but that is spoken from the heart.

That’s it. Another trip done. Albeit a different one to what we have been used to in the past when we visited Orlando.

Will we go back. The subject was discussed Saturday evening a few hours after we had flown back. We want to go back, we will go back.

We will be back next year and we would like to be a bit more adventurous. I love the driving so that is not a problem. Maybe start further north on the PCH. Seattle has been mentioned and drive to San Francisco. We will see.

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it and if some of it has been of help then it is worth doing. I would be more than happy to answer any questions if there are any.
Old 3 Jul 15, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for writing the report - you both seemed to have a fabulous time!

I can highly recommend Seattle!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 15, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Enjoyed reading.

We felt the same way about our 1st West Coast trip,totally agree the Grand Canyon is just an amazing place. If you go back visit Monument Valley that is another awe inspiring place
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Fab report - thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Allan
Excited about Disney

Really enjoyed your trip reports. I have been to most of the places you visited in California and it brought back some good memories. Grand Canyon is definitely on my to do list.
Allan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Such a lovely report, thanks so much for sharing.

Next year we are hoping to do Seattle down to LA, so I'm looking forward to hearing if that's what you go for, and picking up tips from you

Xx
Old 4 Jul 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Great report , I also have to add one of the fastest reports ever put up haha .
Old 5 Jul 15, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Absolutely loved reading your report & hearing about the places you visited.brought back some great memories,of the places we have also been to & gave me some ideas about places,we have yet to visit.
Loved how the report was posted,as I get impatient waiting on instalments,when a good report comes along.
Thanks for taking the time to share
Tracy x
Old 5 Jul 15, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Brilliant report! We are off on a 19 night road trip with our 2 daughters (14 and 11).

Like you, we needed something different from Orlando. We did Canadian Rockies last year ending in a 7 night Alaskan Disney cruise. Stunning scenery.

This year we will be visiting Disney and Universal in LA to get our Disney fix!

Thanks again for sharing.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

I've loved reading your reports and picked up so much info for our trip in a few weeks . Thank you for taking the time to share.
Jan
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List