Old 20 Jul 15, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

NYC & Florida Aug/Sep 14! Day 5 - From New York to Orlando

Index

Previous Day

Tuesday 2nd September 2014

A much quieter day for us, although we were looking forward to the rest, as it was our last morning in New York before travelling down to Orlando. We had always planned to do our shopping once we got to Orlando but there were a couple of shops I had wanted to just have a look round but hadn’t got a chance so far so that was the plan for this morning. For breakfast we headed to Daniel’s Bagels nearby. I had a garlic bagel and Mark had a plain bagel both with cream cheese. This place seemed very popular with people heading off to work.

From here we headed over to 5th Avenue.

I had really wanted to go to F.A.O Schwarz but it wasn’t open when we got there, at 9am and neither were most of the other shops (I didn't realise the shops didn't open till 10). So we just spent a bit of time wandering down 5th avenue, taking a photo outside Tiffany's instead of actually going inside before heading to Dylan’s Candy Bar.

This wasn’t open yet either so we decided to go Starbucks for a drink and waited for it to open. I’d wanted to come to Dylan's one evening so we could have a cocktail but we were always too tired to venture out. We had a wander round the shop, taking some pictures, before deciding what to buy.

Not being a huge fan of actual sweets, we bought 4 of their chocolate bars, which were on an offer, 4 for $12 (these turned out to be very good by the way).

After this we headed back to the hotel. We got all our luggage, checked out and grabbed a taxi back to JFK at around 11am. This came to $70 again. I was sad to be leaving New York; I felt there was so much more we wanted to do. I’d love to go back again, maybe around Christmas time.

We were flying with JetBlue to Orlando Airport so we headed to their terminal at JFK and checked in. This was super easy as we were now travelling as domestic passengers. There wasn’t much to do in the terminal, so we grabbed a donut and a coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts and just chilled out waiting for our flight.

We made our way on to the plane, which was lovely with lots of leg room. I would highly recommend JetBlue if you're taking an internal flight, we were very impressed with them. We took off on time and before long the crew came round offering some snacks and drinks. I got some pretzels and a bag of cookies with a Diet Coke. The flight was supposed to take just under 3 hours but the pilot announced that it was only going to take around 2 hours, which made us very happy indeed. Mark sat listening to his iPod and I watched some of Les Miserables on my iPad.

Once landed we made our way off the plane, straight into the terminal. It was strange getting off the plane and not having to go through any security. We had to get a train over to the baggage area and had to wait about half an hour for our bags to come out. Once we’d collected our luggage we made our way out the terminal over to the Alamo garage. I had printed out the Save Time voucher, so we handed this to the attendant. He showed us to the row of cars, were we could choose the one we wanted. I was a bit disappointed with the choice; we only had a choice of about 6 cars. I remember when we flew to Sanford in 2012 we had a couple of rows of cars to choose from. We decided on a Hyundai Elantra in the end, in white. There was lots of space inside but the car was quite low down which was different to what we’re used to.

We made our way towards the exit, showed our voucher and Mark’s driver’s license and we were off. We had decided against a Sat Nav as they’re so expensive so I had downloaded a navigation app and printed off the directions to the villa before we left. I got out my directions but once we had exited the airport I had no idea where we had exited from so I couldn't get my bearings. We pulled over, had a little panic and started arguing as you do. I tried using the app on my phone but my signal was terrible. In the end I managed to get the map up on the app but the actual navigation wasn’t working. We figured out where we were on the map and where we needed to be, and then we were off. Once I had switched my phone off and on again, we didn’t have any other trouble with the app. The rest of the journey to the Villa was easy and smooth thankfully. Once we arrived we had a little explore around Emerald Island, the villa and unpacked our things.

We freshened up and got ready for dinner. Tonight’s choice was TGI Friday’s, one of my favourites. We both had the Jack Daniel’s rib eye, it was so lovely and the only meal I managed to finish completely. Unfortunately, as usual, we didn’t have any room for dessert so we paid $47.06 plus tip and left.

We headed to Target, one of my favourite places to pick up some bits for the villa; pop tarts, iced coffee, water, oreos, M&M’ and some beers. We made our way back to the villa, watched a bit of TV with a beer then headed to bed.

Next: Day 6 - SeaWorld

Edited at 08:13 PM.
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Another fab day

Lots of info on New York - thanks

Is 10am normal opening time for the shops in New York? We plan to get a cab back to the airport how long did it take?

The villa looks fab
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You fit so much in during your time in NYC, I'm seriously impressed. Visiting at Christmas was my dream growing up, I've been three times at that time of year and OMG IT'S SO COLD!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Fab day. I would love to do a twin centre. TGI Fridays is one of my favs there. I prefer it to here.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Another good day, a bit more relaxing

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Fab stuff, bagels look yum!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by academy View Post
Another fab day

Lots of info on New York - thanks

Is 10am normal opening time for the shops in New York? We plan to get a cab back to the airport how long did it take?

The villa looks fab
I think so, a lot of them seemed to open at 10, I think some like Macy's opened earlier. We were staying in Midtown and it took around 45 minutes but it all depends on traffic.

We loved the villa, probably a bit too much space for just the two of us though

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You fit so much in during your time in NYC, I'm seriously impressed. Visiting at Christmas was my dream growing up, I've been three times at that time of year and OMG IT'S SO COLD!
Thank you That's what puts me off is the weather but it just looks amazing at Christmas!

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Fab day. I would love to do a twin centre. TGI Fridays is one of my favs there. I prefer it to here.
Loved doing a twin centre, it made the holiday seem so much longer

Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Another good day, a bit more relaxing
Always good to have some more chilled out days

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Fab stuff, bagels look yum!
We couldn't go to New York and not get a bagel
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Even though not much happens on a travel day I do love reading about them!

Oo just a few things, first we went to NYC in early December and it was amazing and freezing haha! So Christmassy

And we saw les mis on Broadway on our trip - what a coincidink!

Can't wait to read the rest... M x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Makes traveling to Orlando look so easy : )
The joys of domestic flights.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Even though not much happens on a travel day I do love reading about them!

Oo just a few things, first we went to NYC in early December and it was amazing and freezing haha! So Christmassy

And we saw les mis on Broadway on our trip - what a coincidink!

Can't wait to read the rest... M x
I'd really love to go NYC in December, maybe next year, who knows

How was Les Mis? I'd love to see it, BF not so keen!

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Makes traveling to Orlando look so easy : )
The joys of domestic flights.
It really was easy, have to say I much prefer flying domestic