Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jul 15, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams -DAY 23 - Shopping, Epcot and a swim.

Welcome Back thank you for reading so far- it is really appreciated and your comments have been wonderful
- Thank You.

Previously - DAY 22 is here

Index of the whole trip ( just in case you have missed the fun so far) is here.

If you are interested in reading previous rambling stuff that you do on a holiday - then the 2013 trip report is here.

Welcome to ...

Wednesday 20th August 2014

Planned Fp's today

Epcot

Spaceship Earth 5.20-6.2.20
Meet and greet at Character Spot 6.40-7.40
Test Track 8.00-9.00

No need for a preview of what we did today - the title tells it's own story.

In a final attempt to spend the remaining money we had spent the whole year saving up, and an opportunity to buy the things we had seen and thought maybe - well today was the last chance!

We took the car to Premium Outlets - yes both of them! And also to LBV mall too.
Bargain of the day was a school coat for Josh from Tommy Hilfiger who only a matter of minutes earlier had sent an email with a 20% off voucher - the free wifi in the food court and in most places has made a difference this year - apart from keeping up to date with family at home via facetime in unusual places, it also means that any bargains like this can be used straight away. The y just copied the code from my phone and the Hilfiger bill was a good bit less- result

As we stood in the line to pay it was noted at just how many people of South American look were buying loads of this - one guy even had about 12 handbags that unless he had a secret other life - he was not going to be using himself!
incredible to see them just piling bag after bag at the checkout and obviously getting a better bargain than we think.

Now obviously a big fan of shopping I was getting rather bored by this time Maybe I need to take the camera when shopping to relieve some of the trip report lack of shopping photos and to keep me busy

So the thought of driving round in circles in search of a bargain was halted mid afternoon as we parked at Boardwalk and we then headed into Epcot soon after.

We were far too early for the FP's that were booked so we set out for a circuit of World showcase.
We did the Donald ride in Mexico and thankfully we rode Maelstrom for the final time - as with the back lot tour this ride shut down shortly after we had been - October 5th. The very final moments from that day are on a great

Another ride that will be missed but let's see what the Frozen layover will have to bring!

A trip to China followed as we headed in the clockwise route round to the American Pavillion - the next show was a little time away so we did the shop in Japan( without buying any pearls, but Joe enjoys the drum roll!)

Now I know I have said this before but I continue to be amazed by how Patriotic and proud Americans are in their flag, their country and it's relatively short history.

As with Hall of Presidents in MK you can enjoy the aircon and snooze or take in the show.

We were in such good time for the next show I had time for a look around and take in some of the finer details that were on the walls

We then had the Voices of Liberty add their own version of 'Let it Go' into their show - can't escape that song anywhere!

They were magnificent.

A great show - and if you are the type of person who walks past then it is worth it just for the snooze! You can't do that in O'Canada as you have to stand up

We stopped off next in France for an ice Cream - fab selection of flavours and the mint one enjoyed by Joe was amazing although it took a bit of finishing as the taste began to overpower once halfway through.

We headed round to the UK, to feel all patriotic about the place we call home - a pub a bandstand and a shop - but no Tesco Extra ( see here for details)
We took the first option - Pint of cider in the Rose and Crown whilst the boys did an Agent P mission!

A new plan of action was called for - it was just 5pm and with our first FP time heading our way we had a change of plan!

We cancelled the three FP's and decided to head back for a pool night - we did not think we would have the chance again this holiday and having stopped to grab food at Publix - pizza, pulled pork and ribs were the food of choice. The beer selection was topped up and we simply went back and had some fun in the pool.
Another late night was enjoyed by all as there was no early start in the morning.

DAY 24 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice mixed day can't beat it

Joan
Old 24 Jul 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love the picture of the boys outside the American Adventure, it's a great show, one of my favourites.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Still laughing over tesco extra... once seen never forgotten
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Shame there isn't a Tesco extra. You could then get your 2L bottle of Cider and a brown paper bag and walk the streets as normal!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List