Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jul 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams -DAY 24 - Back to where it all started- Orange Lake day.

Welcome Back thank you for reading so far- it is really appreciated and your comments have been wonderful
- Thank You.

Previously - DAY 23 is here

Index of the whole trip ( just in case you have missed the fun so far) is here.

If you are interested in reading previous rambling stuff that you do on a holiday - then the 2013 trip report is here.

Welcome to ...

Thursday 21st August 2014

Planned Fp's today

None

but I think it may look something like this

We had a day planned that would see us meet a family we first met on The Dibb

Not going to explain it all myself but if you have a read here you will see what happened in 2008

This is from a trip Report written by Reetser - click here

anyway from small meetings of families go, this has evolved into something a little more.

Today was going to be Alison and I's first visit to Orange Lake since our Christmas 2002 trip.
That was before two little people came into our lives, Josh was born 9 months after we got home
That was my first visit to Florida. I was going for the golf and got bitten by a Mouse that continues to be my most happiest place on earth.

Anyway, Today...

A bit of preplanning and we knew that today was going to be just one of those days when it was a bit like going to meet your brother on his hols.
Despite not seeing each other for ages it was as if we had never been away.
Neil picked us up to avoid the car stopping the beers and we were soon at Orange Lake. It had nearly doubled in size since our last trip and had so many new pools and apartments it was nearly unrecognisable - except it wasn't it was still very, very familiar - the fairways walked with my late Step -dad were there and it brought many memories of playing golf in the dark ( with floodlights) and to playing some of the most memorable rounds of golf with a someone who I still miss - our golf was rubbish but we just enjoyed each others company and the general chat about where we each were at.

Orange lake looked fab and the accommodation that Neil and family were staying in was too.

Now I have to admit the zoom was on a bit but you can imagine the view from the balcony if you fancy watching Wishes each night from your balcony.

If I had packed the Ipod, I'm sure you could set up to watch with music for every early night you have.

A quick lunch ( thanks Kaz) and we were off to the pools.

A fab day of lazy river , talking sharing the magic and still understanding that a trip to DLP does not feel the same as being here
The whole Orlando stuff just changes it!

We washed and changed at a time that is of no importance to anyone and headed to Millars Ale House - just walking distance from Orange Lake and a place which we had not been to before.

It was well worth it

The company was good , the food was good and the whole evening simply disappeared - hours seemed like minutes.

Seafood pasta for me,Josh pizza , Al steak,Joe meatballs and not a piece was left it was really that good and after an afternoon in the pool the boys were rather hungry!
They also had a dessert whilst playing pool - we had another beer though!.
You know when you have stayed a long time, when your server has vacated and then returned to the building and you then see her again when she has finished her shift - she was fab and she did book us a taxi - Thanks Crystal

The taxi was just $12 and by the time we got back we knew it was straight to sleep -we did need to patch Joe's feet up though as he was suffering from the effects of a rough pool surface , which he had not noticed until now -they were red raw Patched and into bed we then readied ourselves for an ending.

We had a finale to start and tomorrow was simply the beginning of it.

Today was fab - a great time to catch up and share a day with another family who have the same mouse bitten addiction to Florida and with whom we have had the pleasure of knowing since our very first visit - as a day goes, this was the opposite to all others, we seemed to do very little, we did talk a lot though! But the time just flew by- Thank you N,K R and K

Day 25- farewell to MK is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Different day for u guys...and if I don't get chance before u go again, loved your reports and have a fab time 2015!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Different day for u guys...and if I don't get chance before u go again, loved your reports and have a fab time 2015!
If you see us - please say hello I love meeting fellow dibbers
Our rucksack has a dibb lanyard hanging from it.
Enjoy your countdown and you will still get the rest of this trip days to read, before I go

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great day spent with friends we have never been to Millers but they always get good reviews on the Dibb might try it one day!

Joan
Old 24 Jul 15, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wow I hadn't even noticed your countdown until Flo-Tinka mentioned it.

Have an amazing trip, very excited for you and very, VERY jealous.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

You simply can't beat days like that x
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Wow I hadn't even noticed your countdown until Flo-Tinka mentioned it.

Have an amazing trip, very excited for you and very, VERY jealous.

Thank you
I'm not looking at the countdown as I want to get finished this whole trip report, before I go! We leave for Manchester the day before the countdown!

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
You simply can't beat days like that x

If only we had 364 more of them in a year!
A great day with Dibb friends

Old 2 Aug 15, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
It really was a fab day and thank you for sharing one of the highlights of our holiday!

We are already looking forward to our paths crossing again in a few short days!

Millers will definitely be on our list again this year. I just hope Crystals is serving again
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab trippie, we are staying at Orange lake at Christmas and noticed you said Millers ale house is just within walking distance, is it a long walk ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
It really was a fab day and thank you for sharing one of the highlights of our holiday!

We are already looking forward to our paths crossing again in a few short days!

Millers will definitely be on our list again this year. I just hope Crystals is serving again

So am I

That is paths crossing again
As for Crystal...

Originally Posted by Chillipeppers View Post
Fab trippie, we are staying at Orange lake at Christmas and noticed you said Millers ale house is just within walking distance, is it a long walk ?

Glad you have enjoyed reading the trippy and good question.
If you are in the East village I would say it is walkable, especially in the winter months with less intense heat- the problem comes if you are further over to the west village. But, where there is a will there is a way though- I'm sure the Orange Lake shuttle bus would drop you in a place that is walkable - on the way home a taxi might be the cheap option and save time -it would cost very little, we were going back to Indian Creek and could not believe how cheap it was to get back there.