Old 25 Jul 15, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Girls on tour - May 2015: Day 9 Busch Gardens

Day 9 - Busch Gardens

Woke up at 7am this morning as we had a big day planned in Busch Gardens! We decided not to drive today and make use of the free coach that leaves from Seaworld but in hindsight we should have just driven to give us more flexibility over time and we had to drive to Seaworld anyway and pay the $17 in parking. One of the last people on the bus so we got separated but luckily Ash & I got sat together. They had a Tinkerbelle film playing on the bus, which didn’t interest me too much so I went for a nap. Arrived at Busch about 10:30am.

Headed straight to the Serengeti Safari section to book the safari where you can feed the giraffes. It was $29pp which wasn’t too bad to we signed up and got given 11:30am. We had a wander around while we waited and went around to see how long of a wait Cheetah Hunt had but we decided we better not risk it in case we were late for the safari so we made our way back and sat in the sitting area. Before long our guide was with us and we locked our bags away in a locker and headed to the loading bay. There were 4 groups on our truck about 16 people in total.

Went through the Serengeti area where we saw zebra, antelope, rhinos, ostrich and a wilder beast. I didn’t realise you saw those animals beforehand too so that was nice and added to the tour.

We headed to the bottom area and we had a giraffe named Ruby. As soon as we pulled up Ruby was right over. You get given a bit of lettuce and you hold it above your head so she can take it easily from you.

We all got a chance to feed Ruby and then they took group pictures. There is a photographer on the truck with you but those are for pictures to purchase afterwards. There was only one giraffe around our truck whereas another tour had 3 around their one we were also unlucky with the fact that we had two young girls who didn’t move out of the way ever! I understand they were excited but every photo we got with the giraffe the girls were right next to us as if they where with us. It was very frustrating as we only got to feed the giraffes twice whereas they did it about 10 times. If it had been my children once they had their turn I would have told them to move aside and let other people in. It was a good chance to get up closer with the animals though and had there been less people on the truck it would have been better.

Looks like I'm going to punch it here - I promise i wasn't!

After the tour we decided as there was 4 of us to purchase the photo package with the CD of all of them it was $80 so quite pricey but we could split the cost where was all good! After this we decided we wanted to try Cheetah Hunt. Louise wasn’t sure if she could ride it but we all thought she’d be ok – turns out it accelerated really quickly and there was a loop! Luckily she managed fine! Loved this ride one of my favorites.
We decided to go and see a show before lunch and Louise had good memories of the ice show so we settled on that. Got some ice lollys to take in with us as it was hot hot hot today! The show was good it was something different to anything else we had seen which was a bonus too.

After the show had finished we decided to go for lunch. The first place we came to was what we settled on. Louise & I got chicken tenders and chips and and Ash & Milla got burgers. A huge bird with the longest beak attacked us and stole Ashleigh's burger! She had hardly eaten any of it and wasn’t keen to eat the remaining chips on her plate in case the bird had some type of disease. We then sat in fear for the rest of lunch as they kept edging towards us again. A young boy at the table next to us scared them off when they got too close!

After lunch we headed to Wallaby Way and we fed the kangaroos 2 pots for $10.

They didn’t seem very interested in the food just one of them ate it.

Then we headed up to the log flume ride and got soaked! As we were already wet we headed on the Tidal Wave and also got socked that ride is pretty boring until the actual drop section. While we were on a role we headed to go on the rapids but they were a 60min wait so decided not to bother. After my new found bravery I decided I would go on Kumba which was amazing! Headed back down and Milla went on Sheikra and we got drinks and waited for her. She said it was just ok. We then went back on Cheetah Hunt and it wasn’t long until we had to go back for the bus. We left via the gift shop grabbed some water and then back on the bus.

The time went so quickly today and we hardly seen half the park and hardly any animals either which is a shame and next time I will just drive myself. We got back and went to Walmart to get our sweets for gifts and I also got some make up and ended up spending $65 :O We all got new credit cards for the trip and none of us memorized our new pins as we knew it would just go swiping but not in Walmart! Ash and Louise didn't know their pin no.s but we had enough money in cash in the kitty that they could use that. We then headed to Disney bargain store where we got more gifts and then finally Taco Bell for tea! It only came to $16 and it was amazing we then headed home! Ashleigh legs had swollen to about twice the size today it was mostly fluid but being on her feet all day hadn't helped so she iced and raised her legs overnight!

Thanks for reading!

Katie xo.

Day 10 - Epcot

Edited at 09:05 PM.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 15, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Great day. I love Bush Gardens, the Giraffe tour looked fun - a shame about the girls getting in the way though.

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The pictures from the giraffe tour are great, worth the money.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Great day. I love Bush Gardens, the Giraffe tour looked fun - a shame about the girls getting in the way though.
Yeh its amazing! It was really good - my friend has done it 3 times now and that one had the fullest truck she'd been on so it might have just been bad luck? The rest of the park was really quiet too!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The pictures from the giraffe tour are great, worth the money.
Yeah definitely - a great day!
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

We love busch garden! Aww I want to feed a giraffe now! How king were you out on the safari for? Xx
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We love Busch Gardens and it looks like you all had fun there too

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Www, the giraffe looks like a real beauty! I must say, i'd have requested the young girl moved out of the way for my photo. Everyone deserves the same experience.

Had to laugh at the bird stealing the burger! What a shame.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Some great photos today shame you didn't get to see everything you wanted

Joan
Old 22 Oct 15, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chriswrex
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Absolutely love busch gardens. I would defo drive next time you go, easy to find and can go at your own pace.

The wife and I did the giraffe feeding and it was an amazing experience.

It looked like the little girl took a liking to you, as she is only in the photos with you in them. The photos with the rest of the girls in she ain't there!
chriswrex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List