Old 3 Aug 15, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups (27.3.15 - 12.4.15) Day 12 Shopping

Day 12 Shopping /Relaxing

Today was a relaxing shopping day although I was not feeling very relaxed at the amount we spent!

We breakfasted in the villa and set off for the Florida mall around 12ish. We just wandered through again but didn’t buy anything, Tom was just waiting to go into Toys R us and get more lego.

We stopped in J C Penny and had a look at the gold chains as Ade had been wanting one for a while. I also wanted some silver or white gold hoop earrings as the ones I got on the last trip from Mall at Millenia had tainted so much and I could not get shiny again.

Ade saw a chain he liked but it was over $900 and he only had around $500 left. I saw some earrings that were $112. There was an offer on the jewellery but it still didn’t bring the chain down to what Ade could afford. The ones he could were a little thin and he wanted quite a chunky one. (chav)

We left and wandered round a bit more and Tom had one of these

On our way back to the car through JC Penny we stopped at the jewellery counter again. This time there was a woman there, and she somehow managed to bring the cost of the chain down lower? So we decided to get both items and added a little of the house fund to cover the cost, As she was ringing it up the original man came over and they were talking for ages and we thought he was going to stop her selling to us but she came back and boxed them up and off we went sweating and about $750 lighter.

Off to Toys R us for Toms lego.

On the way home the car ‘binged’ at us a few times as we were getting low on petrol.

We pooled a bit and decided to try and eat at Outback tonight as friends had raved about it so much. We were also going to shop at the gift shops along the 192.

We shopped first and got a few gifts, Adrian had seen a Thors hammer key ring before so was looking for one of those.

I was looking for cheap tack to take back to friends as is the tradition when we all holiday. Also a nice gift for mum for looking after the cats.

When we got to Outback there were so many people sitting around it was so busy, we were told there was over an hour wait. So we decided to go back up the 192 to Millers again. This time we had a booth nearer the kitchen right under an air condition vent so it was a little cold. Tom had to put his fleece on. We had the same as last time and had to send the steaks back again as they were under cooked for our liking. The bill along with 2 cokes and 2 wines (for me) came to around $50, we left $60.

We then went towards wallmart and stopped at the same petrol station as before. We topped up with $20 ¾ of a tank. as we were hoping to be nearly empty when we dropped the car off. We then went to wallmart to get a bottle of wine and a few beers for our last few evenings. We thought we would look for a DVD to watch and ended up buying Night at the Museum 3 as it had not been out long.

Back to the villa and we stayed in and watched the movie until bed time.

Todays count
Hot dogs 1
Hiccups 0

Total Count
Hot dogs 11
Hiccups 13
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A shame you didn't get to try Outback, I like the sound of it too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

A good result on the cost of the chain! Shame about the food having to be sent back.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List