Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Aug 15, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

My myself and I - A solo trip report Day 3

Day 3 - Thursday 27th August

Bit of advance warning here, the weather was horrible today so I didn't even take my camera out with me. So no pics for today sorry! I make up with it on day 4 I think!

After yesterday's long day I had a slow start today and didn't get out of bed til nearly 11am! This was kind of planned though, work has been crazy recently and I wanted to spend at least a little bit of the holiday enjoying the break. I had a quick pastry that I'd bought from the supermarket on day 1 and then headed to the Val d'Europe shopping centre.

I'd planned to spend most of the day split between here and the outlets and that err...didn't happen. Am I the only person that finds outlet stores almost universally terrible? I don't know why I expected any different from this one . After an hour and a half (and believe me I was stretching out time here) I decided I'd had enough and retreated to McDonalds for some lunch.

At this point I was really at a crossroads for the day. It was only about 2pm and I was planning on shopping til much later in the day. I hadn't planned on going to the parks at all today because of the weather but that changed once I checked the wait times on the app. Wait times were non existant for most of the attractions in Disneyland Park so I decided to buy a cheap umbrella, suck it up and head up to the parks and do some of the rides I had avoided due to the massive queues on the other days (and repeat a few I'd done already).

New umbrella in tow I had a quick break at the hotel and arrived at the park around 4pm. I knew the rain would put a lot of people off but I was shocked at how quiet the parks were compared to yesterday (and tomorrow!) so decided to make the most of it. I hadn't done Phantom Manor yet and it was posting a 5 minute wait so decided to go for it. Turns out 5 minutes was over estimating it, I walked straight in! I have to say that my enjoyment and appreciation for this attraction has increased ten fold since I did the tour of the park. I always liked it but once you have a bit more understanding of the story of the ride it binds the whole thing together and I have to admit it's moved much further up my favourite attraction list now!

Once I made it out the manor (not a ghost thankfully!) I headed over to check out Big Thunder Mountain. I hadn't been on this yet because the queue was always longer than I'm willing to wait and the Fastpasses were always gone by the time I got there. However today there was still Fastpasses available, and to give a clear picture of how quiet the park was I picked up a Fastpass at 4:30pm for 5:15pm-5:45pm. Compared to previous days that was simply unheard of! I ended up not actually using the fastpass because the rain got worse, and as much as it would be fun to experience the world's first ever Big Thunder & Splash Mountain hybrid I decided to try again at rope drop tomorrow when I knew the weather would be better.

Then it was time to head back to Adventureland and onto Pirates - directly onto Pirates. I walked straight onto a boat! I was slightly annoyed after waiting half an hour for it yesterday but whatever it's my favourite ride and I was just happy that I got to ride it a few times on the trip!

At that point I decided to head round to Discoveryland, mostly with the intention of riding Buzz as I hadn't been on it yet and it is one of my favourites. Again the lines had just been too long at other points of the trip. I picked up a Fastpass (again this was completely at odds with the previous days where they were snapped up ridiculously quickly) and decided to do a few of the other rides in the area again before my time came up. I managed to walk straight onto Star Tours before making use of the single rider line for Space Mountain (Tangent Alert: I found the single rider line for Space Mountain to have very sporadic availability. I tried to use it loads of times but only once was it actually open. The logic seems to be that they won't open it if the wait is longer than the regular line, which makes sense I guess. Just a word of caution that you can't rely on a very short wait in the single rider line to get your fix on this ride!. Tangent over).

Buzz was great as usual, the guns are much better than the version at WDW. My brother never beats me at this, and after seeing my score this time I'm sure my streak would have remained in tact if he was there...

I'm afraid at this point the rain became too much, so at about 7pm I decided to get some food and then head back via the World of Disney shop. I had a very nice quick service meal at Victoria's at the edge of main street (the roast beef and bacon sandwich is lovely!) and made my way out of the park. While in the World of Disney store I realised I hadn't bought any souvenirs yet and decided it was time to rectify that! In total I bought -

- 2 Star Wars Vinylmations. I had to go to the store inside Studio 1 at WDS to get these. It's so disappointing that they seem to by phasing these out completely as I love collecting one or two every time I go.
- A cereal bowl to replace the one I bought in May, which I may have dropped and broke...
- A DLP glass, because I don't drink tea or coffee so a mug is wasted on me.
- 1 Pirates of the Caribbean pin

I also bought a few presents for my girlfriend, namely a bowl that she'd liked when we went in May, a Minnie Mouse tsum tsum and a DLP themed chocolate slab. My mum is getting a Christmas bauble because she is seemingly determined to have a Christmas tree full of Disney decorations . It was 18 Euros with my AP discount though .

Thoroughly shopped out (I shopped for about half an hour, that's about my limit). I was back in the hotel by around 8:30 and watched some of the Champions League highlights before heading to bed. Tomorrow was my last day so I was determined to get there early and make the most of it!

If you've got this far through the wall of text, thanks for reading!
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Sounds like it was really worth going into the park.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are going in August and now I'm hoping for a rainy day...
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List