Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Oct 15, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
SpectroMagically, Taking on the Worlds in 2015! The bit before!

Well it starts again - a trip report that was not going to be written
By popular/ total demand of both of our boys, I have been pressed into spending more hours at a computer keyboard than seems appropriate to demand of a Dad who spends far too many hours at a computer keyboard
But here goes!

The whole index thing is here!

First off - the title

This was pencilled in to being called' Taking on the worlds' after a Disney channel song that got played and turned up in volume by the two people in our house who watch the Disney channel - if you keep reading there is good twist towards the end which meant it had to be included

Having written two trip reports previously with a distinct Springsteen feel, Sabrina Carpenter did not justify the distinction of a trip report title in itself!

BUT... we were taking on the Worlds

Having been to DLP in April for someones 40th we were about to embark on WDW and The Wizarding World of Universal.

Spectromagical? well the following reads will be the only possible way I can describe it- and it is also just one way of keeping the name going - Parade may have gone but the magic lives on.

I also found a great pic in MK of the Dumbo ride
that inspired a title of Bel15ve and Soar'in but it was too close to an old one!

Previous weeks of Floridian Holidaying can be read here...

2014- Meet me in the Land of hope and dreams

2013- Bel13ve

If you have read previously - Thank you and welcome back

If not then welcome

The planning memory for this trip perhaps lies in a conversation with Netflights on a football pitch one cold autumnal morning in October 2014 - we had been home weeks and I had found some flights online at a price that seemed OK for Manchester via Atlanta.
I could not for the life of me get them booked online - We were aiming to come home after the date Josh ( Eldest DS) turned 12 and their system did not like that you had a birthday that turned you into an adult ticket
Even with the tax changes and subsequent refund we got for Joe we have been unable to move them on this and it still sticks that we paid more than we should have done for him - in the grand scheme of things this will prove irrelevant but you will need to keep reading until the end for that

Anyway - we got the flights - the accommodation and a gift card and we found somewhere new to stay at Sunset Lakes - more later.

But the biggest thing of all was we were off for five weeks

Longer than ever before and for the first time we were staying onsite at Universal.
There were also so many other things we were experiencing for the first time on this trip.

So who are we - Just add two onto the ages of the first trip report and one from last years one!
The only twist this time is we have not kept much a secret from the boys!

In fact this trip starts just 38 hours after the final part of 2014 was typed out- which proved a big help as I was constantly in Trip report typing mode and made better notes than ever before - not helped by a phone that lost all those notes in an Ios 9 update just weeks ago, but thankfully found due to some diligent backing up - for the first time in my life

So it was meant to happen!

We left home with a very cheap rail ticket - it was free ( due to compensation gained on York - London trip last year read here
It also allowed us a grand total of £9 coming home

As DFIL picked us up we were aware of the two people who were going to miss us , well the boys at the very least more than anyone else - Grandma and Grandad
Chris arrived to take us and quick as a flash we were met by our lovely next door neighbour Catherine - who instantly insisted that she take those who would not fit into Chris's car - thank you both xx

We were now running early and without the bag split experienced last year we stood on the station platform on Scarborough station with time on our hands, we were approached by someone who had read the previous trip report from start to the very end.
A dibb lurker and someone who I hope will post on here having actually got themselves a Dibb username.
I know they had a great holiday as we met on return at Proudfoots supermarket! x

She asked after the ipod ( it was in the bag this time) and she did indeed remember so many details it was great to know that a fellow Scarborough dibber was able to come up and just share the fact they had read what had previously been typed. It was wonderful to share a rail journey with a family that had a buzz for the whole Florida 'thing' had we been on the same flight I could have imagined it to being as quick as the time it took us whilst sharing the Scarborough to Manchester Airport leg of our journey and we were mightily jealous that they were booked on the Mco direct flight in the morning!
As we said our farewells

We headed to T2 to see if the glitch on the booking in for tomorrows flight could be sorted – without any success as there was nobody actually in T2 from Virgin to ask!
We had seats booked but just could not check in online.

We phoned the Premier Inn cab company whose name escapes me but
£6 later we were checked in and ready for holidays!

Dinner at the premier Inn saw for the most almighty restaurant in a mess – you simply were waiting for Gordon Ramsey to come in and state that the kitchen was taking no more orders- we were seated at 7.30 and were only wanting a main course. I dread to think how much longer it took those who came after us.

Anyway from the four meals ordered – Alison’s came without onion rings, Josh had no sweetcorn, but beans instead and Joes pizza had the wrong topping altogether but hey at least it all came together! The family next to us had finished their meal by the time their youngest daughter had been served with her meal!

The waiting staff were amazing – lots of apologies and promises of free drinks , food, meals etc – our situation was not of the same as others so we were glad to pay and get out of there – Premier Inn did send me a guest feedback survey just 24 hours later – I told them exactly where their problems lay and in true Ramsey style it should be the kitchen that was shut down . Shame really as there are some excellent people who were getting it in the neck and it was a problem they had no control of.
Food was good though!

Sleep was limited – perhaps due to the noise of the traffic from the side of the building we were on and the fact that we were rather excited for tomorrow to arrive

Travel day is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 03:44 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 15, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start having enjoyed your previous two trippies looking forward to this one

Joan
Old 26 Oct 15, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Woohoo. The Scarborough crew are back! Looking out for LOL moments and tearing up times as we relive your trip again. Thanks for making a start!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 15, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Couldn't believe my eyes this morning! Excited for this 😄😄
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 15, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

5 weeks typing _ wow! Do you get it made into a book for your boys?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Five weeks. OMG!
Old 28 Oct 15, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great start having enjoyed your previous two trippies looking forward to this one

Joan
Welcome back - it's as if |I have not been away! Glad you enjoyed the two previous and I hope you enjoy this one too

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Woohoo. The Scarborough crew are back! Looking out for LOL moments and tearing up times as we relive your trip again. Thanks for making a start!
An earlier start at that! Was march when I knuckled down to last years so it actually appears recent when finding pictures to go with the notes I have - bringing back soooo many memories too soon!

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Couldn't believe my eyes this morning! Excited for this 😄😄
Thank You - hope it lives up to expectations

Originally Posted by caj View Post
5 weeks typing _ wow! Do you get it made into a book for your boys?
it is on my to do list! I have a printed copy of the very first trip we did as a family , all neatly printed out and also saved as a printable word doc ( It is a bit too personally written - and would not make a good read - unless you want to know how much my Mum snores!)
I have notes for all others but never made it until 2013 to actually type the bloody thing out - It does take time and I just hope others enjoy reading it too.

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Five weeks. OMG!
...and the bad news is - we still did not want to come home and there is still stuff we did not do!
We very nearly did not come home - bit that is for another time

Thanks for reading everyone and for your comments

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 15, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great start looking forward to more!
Old 23 Nov 15, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Wow 5 weeks that must have been a lovely feeling when you left home
Old 24 Nov 15, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Ok, so rather late to this party 😳😱. Promise to catch up. 😉💃🏻🍷
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List